2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#621 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostAramuside, on 22 September 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

Curious - How do you find the time?

By managing my life better than most.

#622 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

I swear if Dee Eight spent as much time in game as he does on the forums he may be a better player. 1700 posts in less than a year. There are some long time forumites with less posts than that.

#623 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostMilax, on 27 September 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

I have both the resistance top tier packs and it is showing that I do not qualify. I ordered them as soon as they were out..and I am not sure if that was before the qualifying date or not. Not fair if I cannot qualify for having both R1 and R2 packs because of a certain date.

They applied to last years loyalty program. Of all the things people argue about with this program, this is the weakest argument to me.

Why should one be rewarded twice for one purchase?

...especially when others contend that none of their purchases count for anything...

Basically, the only thing you could complain about is if you didn't get the special zeus or Exe variants last year and you don't qualify for the top tier reward this year, but you purchase should have qualified for one or the other.

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 27 September 2016 - 04:42 PM.

#624 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostMilax, on 27 September 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

I have both the resistance top tier packs and it is showing that I do not qualify. I ordered them as soon as they were out..and I am not sure if that was before the qualifying date or not.

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 27 September 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

They applied to last years loyalty program. Of all the things people argue about with this program, this is the weakest argument to me.

Resistance 1 pre-purchasers in November and December of 2014 did not qualify for Year 1 Appreciation or the 2015 Appreciation.

No idea how a Resistance 2 pre-purchase would not have quailified for EITHER last year or this year though. Milax should probably contact support to get the date of the Resistance 2 purchase.

#625 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:11 PM

Right so if it was in 2014 then:
http://mwomercs.com/...ogram-feedback/

This was extended to cover up until the end of 2014.

The interesting thing is the 2015's timeframe is purchases from Jan to October 6th 2015. So it was technically a shorter than 2014's and 2016's (october to october)

Here is last year's:
http://mwomercs.com/...ewards-program/

#626 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:43 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 27 September 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Do you even English?

Clearly you do not Posted Image

#627 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:02 PM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 27 September 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Right so if it was in 2014 then:
http://mwomercs.com/...ogram-feedback/

This was extended to cover up until the end of 2014.

There are 63 pages in that thread and I thought I read every single page back in 2014, but I must have missed the part you say extended the qualifying period. Could you please provide either the page number or date/time of the post for a reference rather than a link to the first post in the thread? The first post says the presale eligibility ended Sept 23rd and the top tier ended Dec 16th.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 27 September 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#628 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:30 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 September 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

By managing my life better than most.

Vague, pointless and insulting... wait its one of your normal posts ... why am i not surprised at your inability to answer a serious question with manners?

#629 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:37 AM

I just distinctly remember some mech sale was gonna happen in in december that would have no way of qualifying so they made it so it would...

If i remembered wrong, my bad, but it was something to that effect.

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 28 September 2016 - 02:38 AM.

#630 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:27 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 27 September 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

Good lord, how did RAM escape the waahmbulance? It's been a full week, necroposters! Give it up.

I thought there might have been a new announcement, but noooo! It's just a jerk waiting a week before getting bored enough to try and restart a forum fight...

More likely he's come off a forum suspension and gone right back to the behavior that earned him the forum suspension in the first place.

View PostAramuside, on 28 September 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

Vague, pointless and insulting... wait its one of your normal posts ... why am i not surprised at your inability to answer a serious question with manners?

What is vague, pointless or insulting by stating I have time to spend playing this game by managing my life better than most ? The details of which, hows and whys are actually none of your business.

#631 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:15 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 27 September 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

The Steam Bundles were released 19 Nov and available until 10 Dec, but it is not like you were here so why let facts stand in your way Posted Image

I am not on Steam and I bought my packs after the Steam Party.

Well PGI apparently didn't know you knew more than they did when they pulled the packs from the gift store on the 25th and announced that fact in the announcement thread about the packs.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4839814

So however you claim to have bought them, it clearly wasn't through the mwomercs.com gift store if it was after the steam launch.

They are not unique as he and many others in this thread alone point out. No, you are jut a douche.

Except, by virtue of having a c-bill bonus, they are unique. They have a feature the non (S) version of that mech variant doesn't have. Also unlike champions and heroes which can be purchased in game for MC, (S) variants cannot. That you or others do not agree with that fact does not make make it untrue.

#632 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:06 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 28 September 2016 - 04:15 AM, said:

Well PGI apparently didn't know you knew more than they did when they pulled the packs from the gift store on the 25th and announced that fact in the announcement thread about the packs.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4839814

So however you claim to have bought them, it clearly wasn't through the mwomercs.com gift store if it was after the steam launch.

What they say is often not what happens. If you had been around for awhile you would know. Even then we have been told things since you have been here that have not come to pass.

In fact, you could even search for threads discussing the many 'incorrect' statements that have happened since you like trolling posts before your time so much...

Except, by virtue of having a c-bill bonus, they are unique. They have a feature the non (S) version of that mech variant doesn't have. Also unlike champions and heroes which can be purchased in game for MC, (S) variants cannot. That you or others do not agree with that fact does not make make it untrue.

Unique has a meaning and it does not mean what you use it to mean.

#633 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:37 AM

Unique....

Posted Image

Edited by MovinTarget, 28 September 2016 - 05:37 AM.

#634 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 28 September 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

What they say is often not what happens.

that's actually not correct.

#635 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 28 September 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

What they say is often not what happens. If you had been around for awhile you would know. Even then we have been told things since you have been here that have not come to pass.

Could you please cite examples of recent occurrences? Also, liking your own posts? classy

#636 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

To remove opinion we could simply refer to Merriam-Webster....

Full Definition of unique (I believe #2b should settle the debate nicely {actually #1 applies as well}... unless somehow you would disagree that having the 30% bonus is not a distinct characteristic to the variant. Can only point out the facts, cannot help with comprehension.Posted Image

1 : being the only one : sole <his unique concern was his own comfort> <I can't walk away with a unique copy. Suppose I lost it? — Kingsley Amis> <the unique factorization of a number into prime factors>

2a : being without a like or equal : unequaled <could stare at the flames, each one new, violent, unique — Robert Coover>

2b : distinctively characteristic : peculiar 1 <this is not a condition unique to California — Ronald Reagan>

3 : unusual <a very unique ball-point pen> <we were fairly unique, the sixty of us, in that there wasn't one good mixer in the bunch — J. D. Salinger>

Edited by Morggo, 28 September 2016 - 07:07 AM.

#637 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

I dunno, looks like the variation in definitions you provided may only fan the flames... Some people what to view it in terms of definition #1 and others in definition #3.

I would say that PGI's usage would fall in the "#3" category... Not that it will quell the forum rage (see previous post about the purpose of the interwebs).

#638 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 27 September 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Do you even English?

Far better than you. To wit:

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 27 September 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

It simply boggles the mind for someone to admit something is unique then in the same breath, claim that doesn't make the item with the unique quality, unique.

[Edit] For the sake of clarity, I'm being douchey to RAM because RAM was being douchey to others. ***-for-tat and all that jazz [/Edit]

I admitted that it has a unique bonus (and even then it is not truly unique as I have many mechs with the exact same bonus); not comprehending that a unique bonus does not make a mech unique is your English comprehension problem. Indeed, I just received another ‘unique’ Tempest with the Heavy MC Deals. Having two (2) ‘unique’ Tempests is the definition of not unique.

By the D8 definition of ‘unique’ I could buy multiple copies of an AS7-D-DC and then paint them differently and suddenly they would all be unique… Posted Image

Nevertheless I will do you one better: where pray tell, does this ‘unique’ mech XP go? Hero mechs have their own skill tree; all truly unique mechs do. So surely these ‘unique’ mechs must have a unique skill tree for themselves?

View PostDee Eight, on 27 September 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

PGI however continues to describe (S) mechs as unique, and that's the convention that many players follow. You can argue the semantics of identical quirks/hardpoints as you like, but I will never agree with your thoughts on them. But by all means, call me dumb and stupid again if it makes you sleep better and feel like your life has value to the world.

Interesting given that PGI never uses ‘unique’ to describe the ’unique’ variant in their store, yet they do use unique to describe other things such as titles, badges and cockpit items:
“Special Variant with custom pattern and Geo +30% C-bill boost”
“Special Variant with custom pattern +30% C-bill boost”
“Special 'Resistance' Variant featuring a 30% C-Bill boost, a custom Pattern and Geometry”
“Special ‘Origins’ Variant featuring a unique pattern and a 30% C-Bill Boost”
“Special Variant with custom Pattern, and a +30% C-Bill boost”
“Prime 'Invasion' Variant featuring a 30% C-Bill boost and Special Geometry”
“Resistance mech with 30% C-Bill Boost”

Wave2 does not even list the Cbill bonus and Wave1 merely mentions limited edition camo and 30% C-Bill boost (separately no less).

Where exactly is PGI describing special variants as unique? Because they do not use unique in the Announcements and in the FAQs, while they constantly reference the “unique (camo) patterns”, of the 13 references to the [S] variant only one (1) uses unique with the (vast) majority using special. If anything, they certainly seem to go out of their way to avoid describing special variants as unique…

View PostDee Eight, on 27 September 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

Since when has 6 days counted as weeks ? They put them into the gift store November 19th, put an announcement posting up about it in this forum, lots of debate over the pricing / value happened (7 1/2 pages worth), and then pulled them on November 25th.

As usual you are simply incorrect. In typical PGI fashion all they did was remove the Store graphic link, the Performance Packs remained otherwise available. As you would know from your stalking of my posts, I even spoke with Tina about it at the Steam Launch Party. It was an awesome event. Remind us why you were not in attendance?

Or how about this post claiming the Performance Packs were removed:
http://mwomercs.com/...s-in-gift-store
How did you even miss it?!?!? Now check the DTG and suddenly the packs were removed before they even went live - I wonder how that is… Posted Image

All of which again has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Mech Performance Steam Packs are NOT currently in the PGI Store.

RAM
ELH

#639 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostRAM, on 28 September 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

As usual you are simply incorrect. In typical PGI fashion all they did was remove the Store graphic link, the Performance Packs remained otherwise available. As you would know from your stalking of my posts, I even spoke with Tina about it at the Steam Launch Party. It was an awesome event. Remind us why you were not in attendance?

You're giving yourself far too much credit, similar to how Intrepid likes all his own posts. In fact given the fact you both sound the same in your posts, its far more likely two accounts of the same player. One for Clan and one for IS, but both commenting on the same threads to fool people into thinking its two seperate people. My going back thru the announcements to look up past threads isn't stalking anyone's posts other than official PGI ones. Also since I was replying to the Intrepid account, and you replied to me acting as if I replied to you, and this isn't the first time you've done this, it just adds more evidence to the pile that you are running two seperate accounts, and cannot keep track of which one you are logged in as before jumping to post a reply on the forums. And I am sure I am not the first to have figured this out either.

Or how about this post claiming the Performance Packs were removed:
http://mwomercs.com/...s-in-gift-store
How did you even miss it?!?!? Now check the DTG and suddenly the packs were removed before they even went live - I wonder how that is… Posted Image

You have to wonder? Really? Well how that is, is PGI edited the original announcement to overwrite what was there originally, with what they posted on the 25th announcing the removal of the performance packs from the gift store, which kept the original announcement date since while you can edit posts for years afterwards on the forums, it doesn't alter the WHEN of the original creation of that post. I did not actually miss that, or fail to understand that they edited the announcements without altering the original posting dates, and thus presenting confusing (to some) information, along the lines of a chicken and the egg paradox.

Edited by Dee Eight, 28 September 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#640 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

Okay, I think I'm gonna go down to my local trophy shop and have then make an award that I can issue to the winner of these pissing contests. I'll be judging your posts and whoever gets the most points will receive credit for "Winning an Internet Argument."

Posted Image

Anyways, I am looking forward to my ECM Stalker. It'll give a better firing perspective than my Cyclops.

(Oh noz, I tried to derail the thread!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users