2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#421 RudWolf

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

I suppose that Hero addons don't qualify for loyalty rewards eligibility. Would you like to reconsider this? Its good 2x15$ thrown your way and should be appreciated too - for some people Collector addon does not offer similar value as hero addon...

#422 MaidenTy1

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for the mechs/free stuff PGI. Just wanted to be "glass half full" with all the moaning that goes on :)

Free HBR should be fun to level up.

If there's a heavy IS mech announced in the next couple of months then its certainly more appealing to buy it. Buying after the early purchase rewards feels like missing out! I thought I'd qualified for the 'phract already but turns out I must've bought the marauder pack for last year's reward :)

Would love the ecm stalker but spending $80 for a free mech is too much of a stretch. There's nothing I'd view as "almost worth it" for $80, where the free mech would tip the balance.

Side note: I would much rather pay for game improvements than mechs. That's not a criticism of mechs/free stuff, just some feedback that there are already a lot of mechs so adding more is only a small benefit relative to fixing usability issues and adding good dimensions to the game.

#423 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:24 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 16 August 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

Warhammer or possibly Cyclops imo

Warhammer is more proven based on what people say in the mech build forums I think.

Cyclops is probably more value for money (given the tonnage you get with the money you paid)...but as for effectiveness under actual play, you might end up with something like a Highlander/HighlanderIIC/Victor up to Banshee. No way of knowing how it will perform.

Archer/Rifleman/Phoenix Hawks are best left for people who are nostalgic and are not too concerned re: underwhelming performance. (I own all the iconic collector's pack and heros..so yeah...)

#424 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:24 AM

View Postanfadern, on 15 August 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

So now I have a slight problem. I want that ECM Stalker but I am one collectors pack short...
Which pack is best value? Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; or the Cyclops?

Wait until the PTS with the new Energy Draw System went live. Until then, we don't really know. You have time until October, maybe you regret buying a pack now if the next announcement is your thing.

But from that options with the informations we have now, Warhammer.

#425 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:29 AM

So i preordered the Kodiak incl. the spirit bear. But does the Spirit Bear count as a Collectors Pack?
Cause if, then i am thinking to probably upgrade my Night Gyr order to get the 2 Summoners.

#426 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:39 AM

View PostArchie4Strings, on 16 August 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

So i preordered the Kodiak incl. the spirit bear. But does the Spirit Bear count as a Collectors Pack?
Cause if, then i am thinking to probably upgrade my Night Gyr order to get the 2 Summoners.

no the hero is not the collector - the hero was the "cheaper" 30% cbill mech option. (4 mechs including 1 hero for 35$ rather than 40$)

#427 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:40 AM

View PostArchie4Strings, on 16 August 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

No, Heroes give nothing extra.

#428 Boldar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGlinde

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:46 AM

I like the bonus stuff.

I buy packs and MC because I got too little time to play and earn the stuff ingame. So I pay real money for it. I am fine with that.

If I get additional stuff for free I take it.

I even consider getting another pack to qualify for more bonus stuff.

I feel a bit sorry for the steam package customers, but I think the problem with the higher rewards is that they would qualify for both IS and Clan stuff. And that would be unfair towards the ones buying the variant packages.

So there is no way to make it fair this year. Hopefully PGI can come up with a better solution next year.

But for me I am just glad to get some stuff.

I got surprised by the loyalty program as I already forgot that they did this before... Twice... :(

#429 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:24 AM

Hooray, a Hellbringer with 30% boost is welcome!
However the pattern, not my taste, hopefully with some other colors...

#430 Veiled Cause

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:44 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 12 August 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

Nice to see that the Summoner F and M are finally being released, Is there any chance we'll eventually see non-loyalty versions of these become available ingame at some point?
They say they will eventually be avaiable for CB's So you just wait, pal!

#431 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:49 AM

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 16 August 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

You can change it though

Edited by Ace Selin, 16 August 2016 - 04:49 AM.

#432 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostHerkras, on 16 August 2016 - 04:44 AM, said:

They say they will eventually be avaiable for CB's So you just wait, pal!

For about a year, however.

#433 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 16 August 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

I like the oil camo, but for the stalker I'd probably go for a black oil effect, not the rainbow.

#434 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:59 AM

Is there a way to gift MC?

#435 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:05 AM

View Postanfadern, on 15 August 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

So now I have a slight problem. I want that ECM Stalker but I am one collectors pack short...
Which pack is best value? Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; or the Cyclops?

We don't know how the Cyclops will turn out, but the Warhammer is a great option! Much better than the Rifleman, Archer and Phoenix Hawk!

#436 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 16 August 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

Is there a way to gift MC?

No, though you could probably gift a steam pack which contains MC... I was thinking of gifting the $6.95 MC to the volunteer mod who says he's never bought MC and thus doesn't qualify for the BJ-2. Probably simpler to gift someone money via paypal and hope they use it for the MC buy.

#437 ViridianKnight

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Underdark

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech** when applicable): UrbanMech; Resistance 1; Resistance 2; Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops.

Well i have the Marauder and Warhammer packs with Hero add ons for both, (im well aware that this gives me nothing^^)
But still no CATAPHRACT for me.
What am i missing ?

Or does Eligible Collections mean i have to have the Collectors edition ?
Because i think i would be like a tier 1 owner !

1 collector = Phract !?
2 collector =phract plus stalker !?

Also for the stalker
Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: UrbanMech;Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops.[/color]
the Collector Packs are mentiond.
Where as for the phract ther is no such note ...?

Guess i seee my problem now Warhammer was on preorder oktober 1 (crap!)
and marauder even before

Edited by ViridianKnight, 16 August 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#438 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 August 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

Then they are no different than the people who over-qualified for the 2016 rewards. It happens. There's ONE reward. You don't get it over and over again by repeat buying the qualifier for the reward. Any amount of MC bought (or a steam performance pack) gets the BJ-2 prize. I've bought MC about twenty seperate times now during 2016... I still only get ONE BJ-2. I do not have any problem with that. I've spent MORE USD on MC than I have on mechs this year (well over $650USD). The only time you had a chance for double-mech rewards was the 15 year anniversary PGI reward they did in early 2015 where they offered repeats of the MWO Year 1 rewards from the previous fall of 2014.

You don't seem to understand what I was talking about in the slightest. I never said anything about doubling up on loyalty rewards. What I was talking about was the timing on certain packs going on sale with pre-order bonuses vs the timing for qualifying for 2016 loyalty bonuses screwing over some of PGI's best customers. PGI as created a rather poor way of showing appreciation for their customers. On a side not I don't care how much you have spent on MC and other purchases this year as that is entirely irrelevant.

#439 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostViridianKnight, on 16 August 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech** when applicable): UrbanMech; Resistance 1; Resistance 2; Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops.

Well i have the Marauder and Warhammer packs with Hero add ons for both, (im well aware that this gives me nothing^^)
But still no CATAPHRACT for me.
What am i missing ?

Or does Eligible Collections mean i have to have the Collectors edition ?
Because i think i would be like a tier 1 owner !

1 collector = Phract !?
2 collector =phract plus stalker !?

Also for the stalker
Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: UrbanMech;Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops.[/color]
the Collector Packs are mentiond.
Where as for the phract ther is no such note ...?

For the 'phract from the original post:

You must have purchased *any* tier of *any* Inner Sphere Collection

(or any Inner Sphere a la carte 'Mech**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

So if you didn't buy either until after Oct 6th 2015 10:01 AM PDT, then PGI has some 'splainin' to do.

If you bought any of them before that date/time (I know the Marauder was available before, can't remember on the whammers) then they counted towards last year's loyalty...

Edited by MovinTarget, 16 August 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#440 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

Okay, I can't dig back to the post of when the Warhammer Sale was first announced, but the FAQ seems to have been posted or last edited around 9/29/15...

http://mwomercs.com/...collection-faq/

So there seems to be a real possiblity that people that jumped on the Marauder and Whammer at first chance would have all their "credit" go towards last year's loyalty program...

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users