Ammo Reload Capacity... An Extension To Energy Draw

102 replies to this topic

#101 Dueliest

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

********* A - People just force PGI approved static builds already, you know you want to! Or better yet just make this game turn based... "for great balance justice" I find this whole dev-meta abhorrent. These ridiculous attempts to change the weapon systems will never solve "the real problem" - people want the best - people want any advantage they can get. If you nerf the game to the ground, leaving no good design choices for players to make, people wont play the game.

PS: I've been watching this story unfold since beta.

#102 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:43 AM

Missed this discussion when it was going on (vacation), and the forum is probably dead now, but anyways: While I don't agree with some of the details, the general principle of disconnecting Ballistics stacking penalty from Laser stacking penalty is a requirement if ED is ever going to work. There can be no other conclusion.

If everything is lumped together and produce ghost heat the system will inevitably promote boating of a single type of weapons. You'd get the same penalties to heat, but the boating build have all weapon systems perfectly synced and will therefore always be superior.

So, my fullest support for disconnecting Ballistics from Lasers. +1

#103 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:00 PM

Also missed the discussion - from a "realistic" approach it makes some sense because your electric autoloader need energy to reload your rounds.
The system can be used (like ED in general) to solve the biggest issue of this game - stacking - a single Ac5 is a waste of tonnage - two are adequate three or more things become interesting

However there is still a ton of weapon.xml editing necessary - at the current reload capacity would just nerf big guns as ghost heat does and ed will do
To be fair without major changes any new system will just add another layer of complexity, but without creating a better game experience

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users