81 replies to this topic

#81 Nebuchednezzar

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostMystere, on 29 August 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

If it's a mech designed to do so, that's fine. But when half or worse three quarters of your and the enemy's team constantly do nothing but peek and poke, then that is just terrible. That is usually the time I declare in all chat:

Banzai!

and move on to the next game. <shrugs>

Those are usually the games that I find myself peeking and poking alone because the assault mech pilots peeked and poke and got their backs blown out by the light ECM that crept up behind them when they should have been moving. The trick is using it in the mech designed to do so and assaults aren't made to do it.

In that sense I agree with you. But then this is a piloting issue and not something that ED should force players to start doing regardless of the mech that they're in just because the new ED system makes it more feasible to do that then to run out of energy and have to wait exposed for recharge.

Something else that this game doesn't take into account that the RPG did was engine hits. In the RPG, it took 3 to kill the engine. 1 hit added +5 heat, 2 added +10 heat (Which means that all 10 heat sinks built into the engine are rendered useless), 3 hits blew the engine.

In this game, a single engine hit blows the mech. it also doesn't take Gyro hits into account making piloting the mech harder to do which affects firing (hard to pinpoint when the mech is swaying for example). Sensor hits in the cockpit, etc.

I think PGI should drop the whole ED system and move on to other aspects that are overlooked.

#82 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostMystere, on 29 August 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

If it's a mech designed to do so, that's fine. But when half or worse three quarters of your and the enemy's team constantly do nothing but peek and poke, then that is just terrible. That is usually the time I declare in all chat:

Banzai!

and move on to the next game. <shrugs>

That's the solo queue for you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users