• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 24 August 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

IMHO the new minimap became much better. Im surprised that somebody doesn't like it.

I cant believe you named yourself a drunk version of a hip hop group....

But to each his own i guess.

Edited by Revis Volek, 24 August 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#62 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 24 August 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

It's also a character name in the anime Soul Eater. I've decided not to inquire as to the actual nature of the choice... He is drunk after all.

#63 bukidog

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

i have been admittedly shameless in my pursuit of this mini map debacle, glad to say though that Russ responded through twitter.

Posted ImageRuss Bullock‏[color=#8899A6][color=#B1BBC3]@[/color]russ_bullock

@bukidog it's getting hot fixed info coming to the web today

Edited by bukidog, 24 August 2016 - 02:01 PM.

#64 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

I'm enjoying the heck out of these things today;

Posted Image

#65 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, i been playing a light all day, and i couldn't call a grid out ONCE,

#66 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

The most recent updates in a nutshell.
Posted Image

#67 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:46 PM

And I didnt think it could get worse.

#68 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:22 PM

View Postsneakolai, on 24 August 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

I did send it; I also wanted to share with the community 'cuz I wanted everyone, PGI and playerbase, to know that there are (hopefully) well-reasoned, constructive, concerned responses.

As an aside, "she." Not that I'm offended. Posted Image

Please share with us their answer when they reply as I'm too angry to trust not to throw in a jab or two if I email them myself. I really want to see the thought process and justification for this utterly incomprehensible change to the mini-map.

As an aside, Russ's twitter feed is filled with praises. How?! There was not one mention of ineligible map coordinate. Do some people just spend their entire time in the mechbay admiring the new mechs? Do these people play the entire match in x2.00 zoom? More than once last night, our team scouts just gave up calling out coordinate and reduced to use that clunky wheel option.

When I read the patch notes and saw mini-map coordinates are getting more transparent, I was holding out in vain hope that they hired a non-english speaker intern and mixed the meaning of 'transparent' with BOLD. Can you just imagine people like these managing a complex operation like Mech Con and an E-sport tournament?

#69 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

Actually.....yes, yes I can, and I've recently been reading up on that magnificent tournament.

#70 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostSQW, on 24 August 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

As an aside, Russ's twitter feed is filled with praises. How?!

..because if you Tweet Russ without praising him, he blocks you.

Posted Image

#71 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

They broke the minimap again?

This thread needs some hampsterdance...

Edited by Mister Blastman, 24 August 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#72 bukidog

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

Hot fix coming tomorrow http://mwomercs.com/...d-for-25aug2016

Says a removing transparency from and adding drop shadow to the grid coordinates. Not the best solution I'm thinking as font is currently also too small, but we'll see if it works.

Edited by bukidog, 24 August 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#73 Tarxul

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

This is my first time going to the forums to see if I've suddenly gone blind or something, as I couldn't make out the coordinates on the minimap. Glad to see I am not the only one with this problem. I agree that the new minimap is terrible, most of the grid coordinates are unreadable unless you stop what your doing and focus/hunt for them. This makes trying to call out locations terrible. The writing needs to be bolder, and a different colour then the background, I wouldn't mind lime green or orange even as long as it is not the current white on, well most maps have a lot of white or light areas.

#74 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 August 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,
We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, August 25th at 3:00 PM PDT (10PM UTC), with the following changes:
Mini-Map and BattleGrid: Improved the readability of Sector designations over the changes from the August 23rd patch. Sector designations now have slight drop shadows and are fully opaque.

Hope springs eternal. Can't wait until the next patch to see what they do next.

#75 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 24 August 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Hope springs eternal. Can't wait until the next patch to see what they do next.

Mini-Map and BattleGrid: improved the readability of Sector designations over the changes from the August 23rd patch. Sector designations now have slight drop shadows and are fully opaque.

If it's the same guy who did the last mini-map tweak doing the above, I'm not holding my breath.

We don't need specific details. We just want to be able to read map coordinate quickly and easily. That's the goal. Following the instructions like a drone is not the goal if the end result isn't what the player needs. If the PGI staff needs such specific instruction as "add drop shadow and make it fully opaque" instead of "map coordinates will be easily readable now", it makes me feel that person can't tie up his shoe without hand holding.

Edited by SQW, 24 August 2016 - 06:56 PM.

#76 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:22 AM

They are very keen on fubaring the minimap. I guess its their Position at the TimeTM. InfoWarfareTM.
Clueless idiots still don't play their own game.

Edit: Nearly forgot ... Wanna buy a MechPackTM MiniMapPackTM?

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 25 August 2016 - 12:32 AM.

#77 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 24 August 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

View PostDrxAbstract, on 24 August 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

It's also a character name in the anime Soul Eater. I've decided not to inquire as to the actual nature of the choice... He is drunk after all.

Posted Image

#78 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:11 AM

I personally would like to say thank you to the guys who made the new minimap.

It is as comprehensive as old one except several improvements:

1) Mech class is displayed

2) Scale is bigger, so it gives better understanding of the situation

3) Minimap shows more details of the actual terrain, like buildings, roads etc. So it does all the normal map should do.

It's understandable why people were pissed by the first variant of the new minimap (product of degradated alien mind), I was ******** bricks too, but the latest iteration is perfectly ok.

The rest looks like childish whining, which is also absolutely standard for gaming forums.

#79 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:53 AM

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 25 August 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

The rest looks like childish whining, which is also absolutely standard for gaming forums.

The purpose of the minimap is to be able to see what is going on around you and share that information. Most of us above have "whined" about how we can't see the grid coordinates, thus reducing the usefulness of the minimap to a significant degree. Though you apparently like having a useless minimap, those of us whining above, did not. PGI apparently agrees with the whiners. If such whining is what it takes to get things that PGI breaks, fixed, then I for one am grateful to the whiners.

#80 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:25 AM

View PostSQW, on 24 August 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Please share with us their answer when they reply as I'm too angry to trust not to throw in a jab or two if I email them myself. I really want to see the thought process and justification for this utterly incomprehensible change to the mini-map.

As an aside, Russ's twitter feed is filled with praises. How?! There was not one mention of ineligible map coordinate. Do some people just spend their entire time in the mechbay admiring the new mechs? Do these people play the entire match in x2.00 zoom? More than once last night, our team scouts just gave up calling out coordinate and reduced to use that clunky wheel option.

When I read the patch notes and saw mini-map coordinates are getting more transparent, I was holding out in vain hope that they hired a non-english speaker intern and mixed the meaning of 'transparent' with BOLD. Can you just imagine people like these managing a complex operation like Mech Con and an E-sport tournament?

The guys you see on twitter are the snowflakes vying for kings attention. It's pretty sick if you ask me but that how NGNG and -325 get their two cents in to influence the game. The Kardashians of MWO.

There is no wonder why we here on the forums are ignored when the snowflakes are in full bloom.

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 25 August 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

It is as comprehensive as old one except several improvements:

1) Mech class is displayed

2) Scale is bigger, so it gives better understanding of the situation

3) Minimap shows more details of the actual terrain, like buildings, roads etc. So it does all the normal map should do.

It's understandable why people were pissed by the first variant of the new minimap (product of degradated alien mind), I was ******** bricks too, but the latest iteration is perfectly ok.

I like it to but the issues of not being able to see the grid are valid. Why don't you explain why there not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users