Cyclops Builds

56 replies to this topic

#1 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:57 AM

What type of builds have you guys come up with?

So far for me the Q variant, a.k.a SplatClops, is definately the favourite one and really the biggest reason I bought this mech pack.
CP-10-Q: 6xSRM6+A, SRM4+A, XL400, 7 tons of ammo. Good speed with great firepower even tho its a bit squishy for an assault mech.
https://dl.dropboxus.../Splatclops.jpg

The other two basic pack variants, the A and Z, Iam not too sure what to do with. Here is something I came up for the A variant:
CP-10-A: 3xLarge Pulse Lasers, Gauss, XL380 and 3,5tons of ammo. Again risking with the XL here, but this time Iam trying to keep a bit more distance so it should be fine I guess.
https://dl.dropboxus.../SnipeClops.jpg

Lastly the Z variant. I saw Snuggles Time do a nice build on this one with the STD engine. I reduced bit armor on the legs and arms to fit in some extra heat sinks for the time being until I get it mastered.
CP-10-Z: 6xMedium Lasers, AC20, STD360, 4 tons of ammo. At least it should be able to take some good beating before going down.
https://dl.dropboxus.../BrawlClops.jpg

#2 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:47 AM

10-Q:
7ASRM4+3MPL+XL390

10-Z:
I also saw Snuggles vid, but added 2SRM2. They are light and add some damage to the AC2.

11-A:
Atm Gauss+3ERLL+2LRM5+XL275 for long range. It feels a little unfamiliar to use LRMs in a mixes build, or to use them at all, especially with Gauss (you have to pay attention on it charging mechanic), but I think it could work. Only had one game jet, though, and forgot the zoom module. But I saw LRM+Laser builds on some other youtube channel (it was the TDR-5S, IIRC) and wanted to try it for a long time, and the CP-11-A had the appropriate hardpoints.
I'm waiting, though, for the new old Gauss mechanic we have on the test server atm, to make a midrange Gauss build with this Mech. Should be much more fun than sniping.

#3 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

I tried to build a 3x AC5 one earlier on, but found that even with endo-steel, I had the choice of backup weapons, proper armour or any amount of ammo for the guns. This is weird to me, since the Marauder is 20t lighter but can comfortably fit 3x AC5, 4 ML and something like 4 or 5 tonnes ammo. Does the extra armour and bigger engine really weigh that much more?

#4 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:16 AM

Yeah, the bigger engines really do weigh that much. That STD360 is no joke; 33 tons.

#5 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:36 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 24 August 2016 - 04:29 AM, said:

I tried to build a 3x AC5 one earlier on, but found that even with endo-steel, I had the choice of backup weapons, proper armour or any amount of ammo for the guns. This is weird to me, since the Marauder is 20t lighter but can comfortably fit 3x AC5, 4 ML and something like 4 or 5 tonnes ammo. Does the extra armour and bigger engine really weigh that much more?

View PostKarl the Plumber, on 24 August 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yeah, the bigger engines really do weigh that much. That STD360 is no joke; 33 tons.

As Karl said, the engine is 33 tons vs 90 ton Cyclops mech. Over a third of the mass available.
Compare to marauder 22 ton engine and gyro in a 75 ton mech, thats less than a third.

If you want a 3AC5 build for a Cyclops, look to the Mauler and Banshee for existing build ideas.You will have to either take a slower engine or sacrifice armor. The Cyclops wouldn't be the first mech to use a smaller than stock engine...the Kodiak 3 variant players were using so much does not use the 400 Engine the mech came with.

#6 Tsalad

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:57 AM

Anyone have a build centered around an XL375? Only XL I have spare right now

#7 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:02 AM

I just went down to STD350 in my 10-Z to fit in more ammo and stuff.

@ Derek:
This one is about the one you'll see on most cyclops builds. XL400 is too heavy anyway.

Edited by Kuaron, 24 August 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#8 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 24 August 2016 - 04:29 AM, said:

I was actually trying to do the same build thinking I should get more firepower than with the Marauder. But yeah, aint gonna happen, big standard engines are just way too heavy to go along with ballistics thats for sure. Having just the triple AC5 and maybe couple medium lasers feels so weak on a 90 tonner.

But if you want to use the ballistic slots I guess you could try this one:
https://dl.dropboxus...AC5_Cyclops.jpg
or this:
https://dl.dropboxus...AC2_Cyclops.jpg

Feel free to replace the SRM's with LRM's if thats your thing. Personally I hate the LRM's so I dont put them on any of my mechs even when I would most likely get more out of them than having SRM's.

#9 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:21 AM

Anyone have Sleipnir builds that work?

#10 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

Theorycraft builds

SRM6 10Q
SRM4 10Q
AC20 10Z
Laser Vomit 10Z
UAC5 Sleipnir
AC5 Sleipnir
Brawling ADC

#11 Tsalad

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:00 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 24 August 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

If you want to skim some ammo on the AC20 build and slap the stock engine and almost max armor that one rolls pretty hard.

#12 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:09 AM

View PostKuaron, on 24 August 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:

But I saw LRM+Laser builds on some other youtube channel (it was the TDR-5S, IIRC) and wanted to try it for a long time, and the CP-11-A had the appropriate hardpoints.

That was MoltenMetal aka Baradul, if you wanna have another look at it: https://youtu.be/Jcio40nkYVw

#13 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

Could be this one, at least I'm sure I watched it, but I remember another one with a Tag used (I didn't copy this part on the Cyclops, ofc.)

#14 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:05 AM

View PostTsalad, on 24 August 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

another theory craft build
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...790ca5b062f0707

for something more tanky
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4e5e89bc9ecb452

#15 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:18 AM

Sword and Board Gauss 3xLPL 10Z

#16 Natural Born Corpse

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

Been playing around with this Sleipnir variant,

SLEIPNIR mixed AC

this was netting me an average of 2 kills ( at least 1 KMDD ) per match, 5 - 9 assists, and an average damage of 700/800 per match, but as i'm tier 4, YMMV, as you go up the ranks.

#17 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostTsalad, on 24 August 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

I have been using this, I love it.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b5f91053ea2c7fb
Ignore my armor dist. here.

#18 Boshuda

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Hey I am keeping the gauss in the sleipnir and I cant get them into the upper mounts even when trying the good ol machine gun trick. Any suggestions?

#19 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

I'm having issues with the CP-10 Q b/c I don't like more than 4 SRMs on a build. I've run LRM10 ERLL builds that I can run really well on a highlander, but not so well on the 10 Q. I've tried 3 PPC poor man's awesome. That was fun for a bit. I just find no matter what I build brawler wise, its much too hot for sustained fights without a ballistic spot. Current build Std 320 3 LPL 5 SSRM2 to prevent small lights from hugging me to the point I can't see them or angle torso with normal srms.

I will say that I really like the CP so far. It tanks like an Atlas with better hitboxes.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 24 August 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#20 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

I like it particularly for being fast as a heavy but more durable.
And, ofc, for it’s abbreviation being “CP”. :p
Concerning missiles: You can either fit SRM2s in the remaining slots, if you really want to go with SRM6. But I wouldn’t do that because you get about the same gameplay (4SRM6) on a CAT-C4 but with cooldown quirks. Or you can begin getting used to limited alpha due to energy draw and fire your 7 SRM4 in two groups, as I do.

Edited by Kuaron, 25 August 2016 - 04:12 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users