#41 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:45 AM

View PostMrEdweird, on 30 August 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

Also, as far as I recall, DFA was considered extremely detrimental to the mech jumping down, they would often completely trash the actuators, snap myomer bundles etc., sound right?

This really seems to depend. Missing is horrifically bad. This is because unlike normal jump jetting you are not letting your thrusters soften the landing.

Jumping on a heavier target is a terrible mistake, so the old thing I did in closed beta MWO where I would drop kick Atlases with the Raven 4X to knock them down would not work without breaking my legs.

Lighter targets of 45 tons lighter seemed to be fine, provided the skill of the pilot and circumstances allow you to end up on your feet after the fact. Chances of not toppling over however seemed awful. It is the sudden shift in balance from the collision along with the reactive momentum from impact then being sent back into you and into the ground which then crams back into you again to bring you to a full stop that hurts.

Basically, parkour off a roof, slam into something hard yet softer than you, and that feeling you get when you sprain your ankles, scoff up your knees and dislocated or broke your arm/shoulder? Yeah, that...

In my case though my pilot was injured with a large laser to the cockpit, stripping 8 out of 9, armor. So that landing, 1 armor and 3 structure. Crushed.

Edited by Koniving, 31 August 2016 - 03:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users