#221 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 03 September 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

I think I might know what the problem is with The Flea.

When you start a match, you're already in the cockpit, even with the option to start in 3rd person enabled. Only after the power-up sequence does your view retract to show the outside of your mech.

Even though the option is enabled, because of the way the match actually starts, it may be invalidating the challenge right from the start.

Not the case.

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 03 September 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

It's not that difficult, actually. Just find a buddy from your lance and stick with him Posted Image I've already done that part. The most difficult one for me is the 4x Component Destroyed. I mean, destroying 4 components on enemy mechs in one match is already a challenge, but doing it 11 times... Not sure if it's even doable, unless you are playing against really weak opponents who just let you pick and choose which parts of their mechs you want to destroy.

Nova with 6 spl / 12 ersl AND 4 MGs, done in notime.

#222 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

Does the Flea require exactly one kill?

#223 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

and the next challanges must be designed in a way that they cannot be LRM-solved in the easy way...

#224 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:28 AM

Overheat part is working fine, just turn on override at the start of the match, fire at the floor till you go over 100 percent heat and then turn it off and proceed normally.

#225 donidevil

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:36 AM

After some tries I could finally kill 4 mecs in 3rd Person view but still 0 in my tables...maybe some1 pushed into me, I don't know. This sucks.

#226 James Revenant

• Pip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 14 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostRenegade Preacher, on 03 September 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

Seriously... have you at PGI ever played MWO in 3rd Person View?
Have you ever noticed the aiming is almost impossible with lasers and/or Ballistics? (recticule locking into hills and friendly mechs...)
Do you know what this means???

A lot of players using LRMs from 3rdPV (again recticule can't lock even narced targets...)

Are you Serious?!?!?
This are the "Mechwarrior Things" that take players to the verge of the uninstall button...

Think about this, and introduce a MWO Real Economy, instead of giving us with a few scrappy gift.

:-(

Same idea!Posted Image

#227 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

Some seem difficult to achieve, but I don't mind that. I think it is good when you aren't guaranteed every goal. But to reward 3rd person play, which was an after thought, is not something I am a fan of.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad they added it to the game. It increased player base, but the game was originally designed as 1st person only. Originally I believe it was even stated they wouldn't have a 3rd person view, but I could be wrong. If correct though, to now make a reward in a challenge based on 3rd person (no matter how minor) seems like that view is being encouraged. And I just don't know what to think about that, but when I first ready I was not happy about that portion of the challenge. And if they have that goal for 3rd person why would they not also have it for first person?

And why would they do something like this to encourage 3rd person when the minimap, battlemap, sound (for damage and weapons) is not included?

Edited by PeeWrinkle, 03 September 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#228 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

Good event base, but some bad ideas for the event, and the descriptions were designed by a 6 year old that only knows about multiplayer games via third person description.

#229 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:11 PM

That's because PGI never plays their own game. Must be a reason for it.

#230 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,685 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

View PostTibbnak, on 03 September 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

Good event base, but some bad ideas for the event, and the descriptions were designed by a 6 year old that only knows about multiplayer games via third person description.

Try more like in the area of the insane asylum, and you've hit the nail on the head.

#231 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

The tracking of tasks is totally broken, no I even got one of the "Use Cool Shot"-thingies, when none of my mechs is equipped with that. LOL.

#232 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

View PostSlowth, on 03 September 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

I'm done with these LRM events. Until you come up with an idea that doesn't encourage lrm play I'm sticking to FW. I'll sit in your non-existant queues and might get a drop once a day.
It will still be better than Encouraging LRM play ALL the time.

Playing in Group Queue yesterday we had one of our players narcing everything in sight. Not a LRM to be seen! Next few games I swapped in some LRM5s on my ARC-5W to help him out, but I suck at LRMs and I guess our opponents are skilled enough to avoid them. Most of the games continued to be LRM free. Solo Queue has LRMs all the time at my tier, regardless of event-type! [It also has its fair share of people hanging back withe Advanced Zoom and missing a lot - but that is a rant for another day]

#233 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

Me i got my 3 premium day with only 2/3 current total ...

Whatever.

#234 Delta1262 Scorch

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:25 PM

I understand that with this event PGI are testing their new stuff of getting and counting those new statistics, but really - that's not a PTS server, and despite they are getting big amount of data from this "event", it's counterproductive in many ways to test it like that on the players.

And as for the part of the event tasks:
- 3rd person - the same as it was, i don't know what miracle must happen for it to count the game with all the requirements. Turned that off already yesterday to not spoil the game for myself and my team.
- Coolshots - approx 1/3 of the games i played when i was using them specifically every game, wasn't counted.
- Overheat part - there was more then 10 games played with overheat on override, and then staying alive. Did that on purpose every game, still 1/3 on counter.
- Part with the NARC and TAG from ~30 to 50% of the games wasn't counted. Works randomly.
- Using ECM in counter mode - have 3 points in that despite i haven't used mechs with ECM at all. Maybe it count's NARC or TAG on the enemy ECM carrier, but that's also something unknown.
- Protect light and medium - don't know about that, still have 0 in both whatever i tried to get them or was just playing.

Edited by Delta1262 Scorch, 03 September 2016 - 02:26 PM.

#235 Pilotshark

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUnder heavy enemy fire

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 03 September 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

Some seem difficult to achieve, but I don't mind that. I think it is good when you aren't guaranteed every goal. But to reward 3rd person play, which was an after thought, is not something I am a fan of.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad they added it to the game. It increased player base, but the game was originally designed as 1st person only. Originally I believe it was even stated they wouldn't have a 3rd person view, but I could be wrong. If correct though, to now make a reward in a challenge based on 3rd person (no matter how minor) seems like that view is being encouraged. And I just don't know what to think about that, but when I first ready I was not happy about that portion of the challenge. And if they have that goal for 3rd person why would they not also have it for first person?

And why would they do something like this to encourage 3rd person when the minimap, battlemap, sound (for damage and weapons) is not included?

I could not disagree more. Specifically about adding horrible view mode increasing the player base. 3pv was a bad idea and it remains such. As far as it "adding to the player-base". i assume that you mean dumbing down elements of game-play for the sake of attracting new players who will find the game more "accessible". They already added arm lock and throttle decay and set them to be on by default along with the call of duty/battlefield knockoff in game reports of rewards(try going into settings and setting reward display mode to classic, it is much less distracting and doesn't feel like a cod/bf knockoff).

I really love this game and franchise. The devs of MWO are usually (more often than not) spot on with art and game-play implementation but developing and adding 3pv was a terrible mistake.

Edited by Pilotshark, 03 September 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#236 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:44 PM

View PostApollo777, on 03 September 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Can any one let me know how to achive these please? thx.

Achieve the 'Protected Medium/Light' reward at least once in a Match.
Achieve at least 1 Savior Kill in a Match.
Achieve at least 1 Defensive Kill in a Match.

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 03 September 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

1. Damage an enemy shortly after he damaged a Medium/Light of your team.
2. Kill an enemy who made damage to one of your teammates shortly b4.
3. Kill an enemy inside of your base when he is capping.

I searched in MWOnews and found this,

Protected Light:
  • Be in a light 'Mech.
  • Stay close to a 'Mech that is at least 2 weight classes higher.
  • Both are engaged.
  • Reward occurs every 8 seconds.
Protected Medium:
  • Be in a medium 'Mech.
  • Stay close to a 'Mech that is at least 2 weight classes higher.
  • Both are engaged.
  • Reward occurs every 8 seconds.

#237 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

This is a rediculous set of criteria.

This will be the first event I actually choose not to participate in. I really hope this style doesnt continue.

I do wish good luck to the grinders cause freebies are always welcome but the means to get there...

3rd person view... wth. Nah.

#238 Captain Mittens

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Completed a round with that 3rp person bull ****, and it didn't count. same with the ammo...

GameID : 487846640632942090

I played an LRM only TBR, got 1 kill, and my team won the match, and I was in 3rd person the entire time.

I also ran out of LRM ammo, and I didn't get progress on either of the challenges.

Edited by Captain Mittens, 03 September 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#239 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

A lot of these seem rather convoluted, and less of a challenge and more of a pita, hard work that you have to specially build for (in detriment to the rest of your team).

Then on top of that, many need to be done multiple times, and can only be done once-per-match.

The rewards are nice, and I was excited, until I noticed you have to do most of them 3-11 times, rather than once, and it only counts one-per-match.

For the sheer amount of work involved, to get more than 1-2 of them, especially for those of us having to work, there isn't enough time, and for many of them becomes not really worth it anyway...

Edited by Ovion, 03 September 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#240 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

The overheat is definitely not counting for me.
ECM counter is bugged. I am getting it with UAVs and no ECM.

The rest is working I think.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users