#21 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostMr Inconsistent, on 28 September 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Has anyone Tweeted this to Russ? Might be an idea if Tina is not responding.

I have no luck on Twitter, go ahead if you can.

#22 Mr Inconsistent

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSydney

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:33 PM

Done - hopefully get more than tumbleweeds and crickets chirping.

#23 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

There is basically 0 motivation from players to wait 5 minutes, for a 5 minute match. It is horrendous when you spend more time waiting for loading screens and matchmaking than you do actually playing the game. This is the problem.

#24 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:59 PM

During Australian evening and night time especially during the week days even the NA group que is a ghost town.

Waited for ages (20 plus minutes, maybe 30 not sure) last night with both NA and Oceanic selected, had to resort to syncing on the solo que just to get a game, which we got in about 10 seconds.

Reminds me of the days of when we have a 12 man que and other Group que, 12man ques was almost always mt.

I just think there arn't many groups on at that time of night.

#25 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:48 AM

I think you will find that a lot of groups who can actually field a team have been spending their time practicing for the WC matches. Queues might improve when that is all over shortly , but then you may be facing a lot of burnout too, so maybe not.

As someone who has been around for a long time, I can say with confidence it never use to be this way, ARMD alone was able to field 2-3 12 man teams most nights of the week, OMC could do the same, as well as other units. Sadly that heyday as passed as PGI's continued lack of ability in making a game that people "want" to play has left, very few who want to play that aren't salty old vets or relatively new players. And it seems that the newer players are less interested in group play.

The fact is there is very little enthusiasm for the game any more and a lot of the leaders, movers and shakers have moved on. MWO has passed it's heyday IMO. There are many reasons, most of them can be blamed on PGI for not capitalizing on what the community offered and for outright burning some of that community. (ie "founders were no longer the target audience", did not sit well with a lot of the people I knew)

As for Tina replying to a PM. Good luck! I have an outstanding PM from 2 years ago about an errant MC prize, she never followed it up.

#26 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

The thing is we want them to try things so we get games faster, use us as a test dummy, try out some of the ideas we have.
The amount of effort v Reward for this game sucks.

Its already to late to go back to the good old days, but please PGI help us save what we have left.

Try the following in our prime time for a week/ Month

8 v 8
Solo can join in with group Q
After 5 mins of searching MM can look at all servers and all Skill levels
Even know i hate it, stop groups limits over 6 for dropping.

Just do something to help and solve the problems.

If after everything is tried and it still does not work, at least we can say PGI tried..

#27 Mr Inconsistent

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:40 PM

8v8 for group queue would be cool. +1

#28 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

We've (OMC / ISRC / 54MR / COMA / 228 / EK) had a bit of a chat with Bandit tonight - he's going to bring it up with PGI. I really hope they have a read of this thread and look into options for us, given we are such a low population.

15min+ wait times on average during Oceanic is really tough on the community as a whole and no doubt turning quite a few people off playing.

So if you have any ideas over and above what is here, get it in fast

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 September 2016 - 05:28 AM.

#29 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

Forwarded this thread to a couple Devs.

Unfortunately right now, we cannot change queue requirements for only 1 server as the settings are global.
I'll try and organize a discussion to see if there's something we can do to change that. The only issue we could run into if we did, is that it would sacrifice the quality of match for wait time where Oceanic matches may become reported as unbalanced for having players in solo drops vs or with players in group drops.
Either way I will bring it to discussion.
Apologies for the wait for responses. However in the meantime as a temporary resolution, the only thing we can recommend is to play in NA/EU servers.

And as for disconnects and instabilities, I've brought up this discussion before as well for the MWOWC players and responded in this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5396091

I'm really sorry for this inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience.

#30 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the response :)

Most of the Oceanics do have other servers enabled. Particularly US - everyone has that ticket for sure.

EU is usually 300ms+ on average so I know a lot of people do avoid that for obvious reasons. That said in Oceanic "peak" time, there are very little US/EU players anyway so it is much of a muchness in some ways

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 September 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#31 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hi Tina,
Thanks for the response.
My usual reply to this would be, "For Science!"
I reckon the AP player base is small enough for PGI to experiment with since we're all a bunch of crazy pilots with occasional bouts of alcohol-fuel game nights...

#32 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 30 September 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Forwarded this thread to a couple Devs.

Unfortunately right now, we cannot change queue requirements for only 1 server as the settings are global.
I'll try and organize a discussion to see if there's something we can do to change that. The only issue we could run into if we did, is that it would sacrifice the quality of match for wait time where Oceanic matches may become reported as unbalanced for having players in solo drops vs or with players in group drops.
Either way I will bring it to discussion.
Apologies for the wait for responses. However in the meantime as a temporary resolution, the only thing we can recommend is to play in NA/EU servers.

And as for disconnects and instabilities, I've brought up this discussion before as well for the MWOWC players and responded in this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5396091

I'm really sorry for this inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience.

Hello Tina,

Thank for the reply look forward for more updates after you speak to the devs.

Just so we are all on the same page, most if not all of us have the 3 Servers turn on, there are heaps of games where we have 22 Aussie pings playing in a game on the EU server.

Its more to do with the MM not finding us a game,

This could be low Pop ( adding in solo Q or going back to 8v8 could fix this)
Higher or lower Skill Brackets, ( changing the way MM works could fix this )

I understand i am not a game designer and changing things like this could have a major cost or impact on the game. ( but it may be worth it, before its dead)

Most nights after long wait times we give up and go play other games, we have people wanting to play, we just can not get a game.

All we ask if you look into the problem we are having and try anything to help fix it

Cheers Live

#33 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:16 AM

Any updates Tina, 45 Mins in Group Q tonight

#34 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:15 AM

View Postlive1991, on 18 October 2016 - 03:16 AM, said:

Any updates Tina, 45 Mins in Group Q tonight

Well, I attempted to join 2 groups tonight. One was a 3 man and we had a quick drop. Attempted to join yours and you wouldn't make space. Kicked from group.

The Oceanic server isn't dead.

You've shot yourself in the foot with your rude antisocial behaviour. If the group queue is dead for you, you have simply killed it yourself

Mmmmmmm..... yes

Kliq-cellent!

#35 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

Mate you asked to join our group, which had 9 people in it and wanted to bring a 100 ton mech, you have to learn how to play in a team.

If you only want to play a 100Ton mech go to the solo Q( or a smaller group), if you want to join a group and you are the last one to come in don't ready up in a 100Ton mech when we are over the limit.

We did ask you to move down before we kicked you but you said no.

What did you want us to do ?

Edited by live1991, 20 October 2016 - 09:30 PM.

#36 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:38 PM

Uh oh... Dramaaaaaaaaass and unsettled waters in the Oceanic region tonight!

That said, if I join preexisting group, I offer to drop tonnage first.

That's kinda a unwritten rule isn't it? Well, I thought it was haha.

#37 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:21 AM

Mate no need to be a {LT-MOB-25} about it.
its hard to juggle around tons when 80% of the group is not on comms. ( random people from LRG and other units)

We had already ton down a **** load and bringing in a person who did not have any courtesy of the 9 other players is hard, that is why we asked if you could move down, you said no and i removed you from the group so the rest of us can play.

4 player drops is easy for tons, when you are on 10 people its a **** load harder. ( they also did not have ton limits back in "the hay day"

Also good to see you agree, i hope you welcome positive behaviour to groups and have the courtesy of dropping down if we are over ton.

OMC has never had any problems with drops, we dop with 54th, 228, ISRC, DSA, ARMD, 1BTC, 256, JGX and LRG all these units have courtesy to the groups and the limits, you have been the first one who has refused to move down when joining a big group with a 100T mech.

Edited by live1991, 21 October 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#38 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:36 AM

and here I was thinking this part of the forumz was no fun...

#39 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostMycrus, on 21 October 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

and here I was thinking this part of the forumz was no fun...

haha ;)

#40 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

View Postlive1991, on 21 October 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

why we asked if you could move down, you said no and i removed you from the group so the rest of us can play.

I am allowed to say no, and you didn't ask why.

In a group you want to be a useful part of the team correct. Contribute effectively and all that.

If I ran a trial mech, I felt I would be doing the group a dis-service.

Anyway, you've had your say, you have a process, mine is different. I've had my say. I will leave it there.

Mmmmmmm..... yes

Dop-cellent!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users