#101 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostMrEdweird, on 06 September 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Okay, that looks MUCH better than the orthos suggested.

Yeah, I got pretty concerned when the orthos started getting pieced together more but...crisis averted. Probably won't be XL friendly, but I just think it looks great.

#102 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

Firstly, whats with the laser. It's poking out like its trying to feel around with it. Same thing with the Crab, are you telling me you can't mount these inside a bit like the wolfhound or catapult?

Secondly, whats the cannon doing all the way over there? It's like the Whacker decided it wanted to be an Atlas, then got told by its parents its half the weight and to get back inside and change.

#103 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 06 September 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

I have to assume it was the infantry that named it, because that's all it's really good for killing.

Yes. Though its pretty fun to be called the "Small Death" in this game. For whom? The enemy or the pilot?

#104 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

View PostChimera11, on 06 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

From Russ' twitter
Posted Image
Camo aside, I really like how this looks. It's definitely a bit bulkier than I remember from MW3/MW4, but that goes for most of PGI's redesigns. Hitboxes are what I'm curious about.

As feared, the ST ballistics are mounted low. :(

The last hope is that they do the same thing as the Cat K2 where the MGs are low but ACs/Gauss are higher up.

#105 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostFunkin Disher, on 06 September 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

Firstly, whats with the laser. It's poking out like its trying to feel around with it. Same thing with the Crab, are you telling me you can't mount these inside a bit like the wolfhound or catapult?

Secondly, whats the cannon doing all the way over there? It's like the Whacker decided it wanted to be an Atlas, then got told by its parents its half the weight and to get back inside and change.

The laser does need to be shortened, and they probably moved the AC to the ST so that they can make it easier to notice for balance reasons.

Edited by RestosIII, 06 September 2016 - 04:36 PM.

#106 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostFunkin Disher, on 06 September 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

All of that is just homage to the original artwork I think.

Non-ortho artwork looks amazing, what a relief!
I hope they assign it to the one modeler who did the Hunstsman. As per the live-stream he did, he tries to work off of the perspective concept more so than from the orthos, and it really showed in the Huntsman model.

#107 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 06 September 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

The laser does need to be shortened, and they probably moved the AC to the ST so that they can make it easier to notice for balance reasons.

The AC is hanging off the left side of the mechfist.

#108 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

The AC is hanging off the left side of the mechfist.

Wait, it is? It looks like it's a hip gun from the art there to me. I just really hope they didn't somehow make the Bushwacker more of a pain to work than it would have been originally, without hitbox issues.

#109 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

From Russ' twitter
Posted Image
Camo aside, I really like how this looks. It's definitely a bit bulkier than I remember from MW3/MW4, but that goes for most of PGI's redesigns. Hitboxes are what I'm curious about.

I like the camo actually for nostalgia reasons... Reminds me of my old Bushwacker toy. Posted Image

Posted Image

Well played PGI, well played.

#110 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 06 September 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

All of that is just homage to the original artwork I think. Non-ortho artwork looks amazing, what a relief! I hope they assign it to the one modeler who did the Hunstsman. As per the live-stream he did, he tries to work off of the perspective concept more so than from the orthos, and it really showed in the Huntsman model.

Thanks.
And it wasn't assigned to me, but I'll pass that along to the artist doing it (and whom I know will knock this one out of the park).

#111 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 06 September 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Thanks.
And it wasn't assigned to me, but I'll pass that along to the artist doing it (and whom I know will knock this one out of the park).

People can say what they want about PGI, but one thing that I don't think can be disputed is that you guys do great art for MWO. Excited to see its ingame model!

#112 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

I would really like to see it a bit wider for the torso section than the orthos suggested.
The art suggests that the right arm, the one with the AC, is burlier and more muscular-looking than it probably is intended to be. As I see it, between the orthos and the art, it seems that whatever happens, the mech will be somewhat thin and the arms will be laid out farther from the body than the art suggests. Obviously, the whole center section is going to only be as wide as the cockpit so ... be careful with observations as the perspective artwork is made to put the mech in best light. Posted Image

For example, the 2 plates on the vertically protruding section in the rear, next to the missile rack suggest that the CT is much wider than the cockpit where this cannot be since the hull design is symmetrical.

Either way, probably gonna pre-order this one based on just looks. The art team is PGI's greatest asset.

Edited by MrEdweird, 06 September 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#113 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,634 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostMark Nicholson, on 06 September 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Thanks.

Please tell him/her to take care with the detail. I love this `Mech above all other Mediums of the Inner Sphere, next to my Enforcer, and I truly hope that she looks like she should in the picture.

#114 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:58 PM

Posted Image

#115 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

Hmm......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not sure which one I prefer, swapped arms notwithstanding...

#116 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

From Russ' twitter
Posted Image

Okay so either the Hero or special edition is a nod to the Battle Tech cartoon, as that's the paint scheme for the Bushwacker from the show...

#117 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

the art looks decent enough... i'm really getting choosey about which mechs I buy... And I don't know if I can buy just because of even the art anymore... the hardpoints are kinda... meh. But we'll see when the page goes up.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 06 September 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#118 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:09 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 06 September 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Okay so either the Hero or special edition is a nod to the Battle Tech cartoon, as that's the paint scheme for the Bushwacker from the show...

Is it? That's what I thought as well but was not sure and couldn't find it.

If they made a Hero and gave it this special camo skin, i'd buy it in an instant.

#119 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

Technically the Bushwacker is 3053, so when it comes out in January that will coincide with the MWO timeline. No jumps ahead required.

#120 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

I'd say that I called it, but so did a bunch of other people. I'm not surprised in the least, and at least the concept art is pretty nifty. I may well have to get a package.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users