404 replies to this topic

#141 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

Well, I'm certainly pumped for this! That medium queue is always low, so more games = awesome!

#142 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 September 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

Well, depends on the mod, there was a mod where it was THE workhorse medium of the IS, but that mod also had MRMs that locked on (MRM60 Bushi was pretty awesome) that helped it out a lot. 2 Light Gauss was also pretty fun, but yeah, for vanilla and the mektek mods it was pretty meh.

HC sucked.

#143 Konrad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 769 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:12 PM

Cool! Another 55 ton mech that will be as big or bigger then most heavies. Can't wait!

#144 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

Nose for days, folks. This mech will have Dragon nose syndrome.

Look at the EBJ. It looks a whole lot like this and it's got the second-biggest schnoz in the 60-75 ton weight class!

#145 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:16 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 September 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

Well, depends on the mod, there was a mod where it was THE workhorse medium of the IS, but that mod also had MRMs that locked on (MRM60 Bushi was pretty awesome) that helped it out a lot. 2 Light Gauss was also pretty fun, but yeah, for vanilla and the mektek mods it was pretty meh.

Yeah, TBH; I don't count Mods as "real MW titles" especially the stuff Mektek did in later builds that were either outright stupid, or purely for stoking their own egos. When referring to games, I will stick to canon/official products, only. Whether it fared well in Mekteks land of flying Wasps dueling with Dropships, or MWLL, to me is somewhat irrelevant.

*shrugs*

View PostNightshade24, on 06 September 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Unless PGI lets us cram like 100 SRM 2's on a new atlas in the legs, cockpit, arms, torso, CT, etc.... it won't be "Gundam variants" to me.

Well played, sir. Well in the 3060s, apparently mankind rediscovers how to make packs of dumbfire rockets again for the first time in over half a millenia... (ain't technology grand?) strapping dozens of RL packs to your mech should allow some very Gundam Cinematics!!!!

(In fact, I can fit like 200 rockets on an Urbanmech.. just imagine what a Crusader could carry!!!)

...rats, with lore correct JJs, and a RAC5 to represent the GU-11 Gunpod, only 260 rockets. I feel like a failure.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 September 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#146 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:18 PM

To be honest, I can neither understand the love for this Mech nor the hate for the Mech.

I have no special interest in the Bushwacker, I merely respect its role in the lore and I will wait how it will perform in MWO. And before I make any judgement on performance, I need to know hitboxes and quirks.

Edited by FLG 01, 06 September 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#147 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 06 September 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

To be honest, I can neither understand the love for this Mech nor the hate for the Mech.

I have no special interest in the Bushwacker, I merely respect its role in the lore and I will wait how it will perform in MWO. And before I make any judgement on performance, I need to know hitboxes and quirks.

The love is based on nostalgia from MW3 and/or MW4.

The hate is split into two camps. One perspective is that it's just a mediocre gundam. The other perspective is a purist standpoint that everything released past 3025 is the devil.

#148 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:21 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 06 September 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Hitboxes are easy... if we go by the Tryhard assertion that only frontal profile matters, it will be the most meta mech in the IS!!! Just look at the Orthos we have been piecing together!

Now if reality sets in and people remotely get a side profile shot on it, or 3/4 profile, or well, anything BUT 100% full frontal? Then it's probably gonna go BOOM real fast.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 September 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#149 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

View PostCato Zilks, on 06 September 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

So several problems have been pointed out. . . but the most glaring one is that you say that clans have a 20 ton mech. They don't. No counter to the Locust. But they could . . . http://mwomercs.com/...d-a-20-ton-mech
I'd pay real money for a 12 mg 20 ton light.

Actually, the graph just looks a bit weird since it's a stacked graph. It has 20 tonners correct with IS having 1 and clans having 0.

#150 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

The hate is split into two camps. One perspective is that it's just a mediocre gundam. The other perspective is a purist standpoint that everything released past 3025 is the devil.

actually I think only maybe 2-3 3025 purists are left (and maybe just Cathy, tbh), though there are a few more hoping for 3025 designs to be used in that OTHER game.

You also maybe forgot the third camp...those who would prefer to see Gundams released with Lore variants before PGI further gluts the market with made up Gundams?

Then there are those like me who were hoping for another HBS viable IS Mech, who really aren't excited about the Bushwacker because its a mediocre mech that will be part of a pack of all made up robots.

Crazy thought that peoples motivations are no more 2D cutout black and white then mech hitboxes are in a 3D modeled game, right?

#151 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 September 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Well played, sir. Well in the 3060s, apparently mankind rediscovers how to make packs of dumbfire rockets again for the first time in over half a millenia... (ain't technology grand?) strapping dozens of RL packs to your mech should allow some very Gundam Cinematics!!!!

(In fact, I can fit like 200 rockets on an Urbanmech.. just imagine what a Crusader could carry!!!)

Posted Image
I see what you mean... (Marauder II MAD-4H)
" four Rocket Launcher 20s, six Rocket Launcher 15s, and a Rocket Launcher 10"
but even then it at least has room for actuators, cockpits, life support, etc.... and can't reload a few seconds later... unlike
Posted Image

actually would be pretty scary for RL's to be in MW: O... a locust can carry 4 x RL 20's (aka 80 damage alpha...) and then run around with an uberquirked large laser...

#152 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 September 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

You also maybe forgot the third camp...those who would prefer to see Gundams released with Lore variants before PGI further gluts the market with made up Gundams?

Then there are those like me who were hoping for another HBS viable IS Mech, who really aren't excited about the Bushwacker because its a mediocre mech that will be part of a pack of all made up robots.

Many of the lore variants would require PGI to add new equipment to the game though...gonna be a long wait for that.

#153 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:30 PM

We'll see the X1, X2, S2, L1 & S2r (in some made up form), and then a PGI variant or two and some made up hero mech.

#154 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:31 PM

I liked it in MW4 because it was surprisingly difficult to get at the CT without going through the sides. Same story with the Thanatos, and more than once they were paired up against me which ended up being some of the tougher fights I went through.

#155 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

I will now have this as a quote in my signature now as this is beautiful.

#156 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 September 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Many of the lore variants would require PGI to add new equipment to the game though...gonna be a long wait for that.

actually quite a few mechs that don't require that, and not even all ore 3025 tech.

But since the push is for us to "Buy Moar Mech Packs".... nostalgia is a proven aphrodisiac for enticing out a gamers wallet.

#157 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 September 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

actually I think only maybe 2-3 3025 purists are left (and maybe just Cathy, tbh), though there are a few more hoping for 3025 designs to be used in that OTHER game.

Crazy thought that peoples motivations are no more 2D cutout black and white then mech hitboxes are in a 3D modeled game, right?

TBH I just want to make sure that game is so successful that it'll have more campaigns/ modes at different time periods.

I really want a game set before 3000's... say, just before the climax of the end of the Star League...
3050 is often played out but that's in the MW games- not in a "TT" like game...
3075 during fed com civil war... and heavens forgive me but I want more games and stuff in 3100- not because I really love the jihad but because I think it'll be interesting and that it'll only get better the more we expose it and work with it instead of shun it into the darkness. It's probably why 3025 and 3050 is to heavily fleshed out yet all other time periods start to get vague.

I want to use the mackie in a game when it is the state of the art king of mechs and I want another game where if I had a mackie that still is in 1 piece I would be held a legend for having such tech.

#158 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:57 PM

View Postrolly, on 06 September 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Its pretty ironic that the Mist Lynx is called the Koshi by DCMS troops in lore because it was "Small Death". Maybe DCMS troops had a sense of humour?

Perhaps the troops in question were infantry, who would probably suffer at the hands of that thing.

EDIT: Ninja'd earlier in the thread. Damn it.

EDIT II: I wonder how many nostalgia grogs are going to pre-order it and then ask for a refund when it turns out to be less than stellar?

Edited by Kargush, 06 September 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#159 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 06 September 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

TBH I just want to make sure that game is so successful that it'll have more campaigns/ modes at different time periods.

I really want a game set before 3000's... say, just before the climax of the end of the Star League...
3050 is often played out but that's in the MW games- not in a "TT" like game...
3075 during fed com civil war... and heavens forgive me but I want more games and stuff in 3100- not because I really love the jihad but because I think it'll be interesting and that it'll only get better the more we expose it and work with it instead of shun it into the darkness. It's probably why 3025 and 3050 is to heavily fleshed out yet all other time periods start to get vague.

I want to use the mackie in a game when it is the state of the art king of mechs and I want another game where if I had a mackie that still is in 1 piece I would be held a legend for having such tech.

FedCom Civil War actually ended in early 3067. 3075 is mid Jihad (which ignited shortly after the FedCom ended). And of course the FedCOm War was the grist for MW4 and MC2.

I do think the immediate aftermath of the actual Jihad could be interesting, but the actual Republic of the Sphere/ Mechwarrior Dark Age era.... is too artificially thrown together even by Battletech standards for my tastes, so yeah, no rel interest there.

I must say, a game set in the Hegemony Campaign of the Amaris Civil War (2772) and running thru the Usurpers demise, and then having DLC starting with the House Lords stripping Kerensky of his command and responsibilities/ being the units left behind during the Exodus.... , would make my inner fanboy gack out pretty hard.

#160 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:12 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 06 September 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

HC sucked.

Why must you say such hurtful things.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users