Anyone Sick Of The Lurmageddon Yet?

165 replies to this topic

#141 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

View PostMole, on 08 September 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

The thing about dumb-firing LRMs is most people have no reason to believe that missiles are coming to them if they don't hear Betty scream "WARNING: INCOMING MISSILE" and it doesn't hit them that those missiles streaking in their direction could have been dumb-fired at them and they don't move. Heck, a lot of people don't even realize that LRMs can be dumb-fired in the manner. I've gotten kills with LRMs before against an enemy that was critical and my lasers were on cooldown and I had no lock and just dumbfired my LRMs at them.

Hell, I like when someone tries to brawl my Mauler 1R with 4x15LRMAs and 2 med lasers. If they slip up once and let me get range again, it's over.

and while I do like open maps like Alpine or Polar, it isn't always needed. All that really needs to happen is you step out into any open space and I see you. Kodiak armor seems to fall off the quickest, Atlases soak up ton of damage.

Edited by Stormbringer13, 30 October 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#142 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of lrm noob tubers in the game but in my personal experience when running the cat a1c spammer is that I'm typically near the top or at the top in damage assists and kills sometimes taking the top spot in all three. The build is fast enough to actually lrm brawl as long as the terrain allows it as most mechs can't close the distance before focused 40 point alpha's core or crit them to death. Lights that get the drop on me are about the only mech I really fear but as I'm almost always near other mechs they die to their fire as the light tries to pop my missile pods.

#143 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

really sick to the stomach. Not only do they boat noob tubes, plus many narcs. I don't mind getting banged up a bit, but its getting a bit tiring of having to constantly duck lurms

The main issue is that these nubs keep voting in alpine and polar, the 2 most boring walkfests, in hopes that their noob tubes will kill something (ha!)

I'm trying to level up my brawling atlas, but will never touch a noob tube on principle.

really sucks, and I hate it.

28/10/16 edit: For context, this was when everyone and their dog picked alpine and LRM boats, due to some stupid challenge that was going on, something about get 5 kills with a TAG on someone or some crap like that. Playing brawlers in alpine is nightmare mode which led me on my rant.

Couldn't care less about the noob tubers now, except when they vote for alpine, or is on my team

deal with it.

#144 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:50 PM

It sucks to drop in an assault, get NARCed and have 20-30% of my armour evaporate before I get to shoot the enemy some matches but...eh, LRMs are valid weapons. All satisfaction is repaid in full in the matches when I get within range and line of sight and kill the missile boats as they flail dramatically in a panic then likely give their team an ear full of grief for not protecting them.

#145 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:29 AM

Reads thread.. laughs.. munches on popcorn... shoots LRM.. kills some splat bug 600 meters away... smiles.

Seriously though.. These "bad lurmer" insults need to stop.

I'm tired of hearing all the derogatory insults for LRM users.

There's to many.

How about we make up some derogatory names for dakka users, or laser boat users? Huh?

Would you guys like to be called "brawl bullies", "dakkatards", "Lazerbelchers" or "splatbugs"?

Is that funny to you?

Calling someone a "lurmtard" "noobtube user" or something like that is insulting and derogatory, and I will report anyone who uses that language in-match.

It speaks more of your character than anything else..

Edited by Vellron2005, 02 November 2016 - 02:30 AM.

#146 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 November 2016 - 02:29 AM, said:

How about we make up some derogatory names for dakka users...

I believe the term is 'FedRat.' Posted Image

Posted Image

#147 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

If you don't bring AMS when you have a mech that can, you deserved to get lurmed to hell.

#148 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 02 November 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

If you don't bring AMS when you have a mech that can, you deserved to get lurmed to hell.

And if the mech next to you and possibly a few others don't have ams then your solitary ams is going to do jack all to protect your head. Posted Image

#149 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostKBurn85, on 07 September 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

actually, the main issue is with polar and alpine. hate those maps. especially in a brawler.

I'm not entirely sure how you got to Tier 2 when you clearly don't know what you're doing. I just spent the entirety of the Haunted and Hunted event playing in brawly Vultures (pulses and streaks) and had some of my best games on those two maps, which I played a lot.

Best event match scores: 550, 454, 395, 370, 332, 324, 279, 278, 277, 276, 259, 252, 244, 232, 200.

I'd say the vast majority on those were on Alpine and Polar Highlands, and I know my top three scores were. Mind you, I had some real stinkers interspersed with those matches where I was an asset to my team, but the thing is I'm a filthy casual trying to claw my way out of the Tier 5 basement. Oh, and I play on a crappy laptop with an AMD A8 APU.

So if I can pull together some decent match scores on those maps, what's your excuse?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and those Vultures? I was playing them because I needed to level them up. I started this event with base mechs.

Edited by Fyrwulf, 02 November 2016 - 03:18 PM.

#150 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

View Post120mm, on 02 November 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

And if the mech next to you and possibly a few others don't have ams then your solitary ams is going to do jack all to protect your head. Posted Image

Sure, but what if the mech next to you has an AMS, or your team has AMS? Lurms won't do jack to you or your team.

That's like not voting for the election because you thought your vote wouldn't matter since you're just a single person out of millions, and with millions more having that mindset, a million didn't vote.

Well, all of us should have that AMS mind-set, and we'll never find ourselves not have AMS unless we brought mechs without the hardpoint for it. Be responsible, you -- any of you don't want a lurm-mageddon, bring AMS.

#151 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 02 November 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Sure, but what if the mech next to you has an AMS, or your team has AMS? Lurms won't do jack to you or your team.

That's like not voting for the election because you thought your vote wouldn't matter since you're just a single person out of millions, and with millions more having that mindset, a million didn't vote.

Well, all of us should have that AMS mind-set, and we'll never find ourselves not have AMS unless we brought mechs without the hardpoint for it. Be responsible, you -- any of you don't want a lurm-mageddon, bring AMS.

Not sure how it is in other countries but voting doesn't really do much here...both major party candidates are usually corporate slaves anyway.

In regards to AMS, it's generally not necessary for the most part...otherwise, you'd see people carrying it more often. Why waste the tonnage on it when so many other things already nullify LRMs?

#152 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:27 AM

Well the point is I very rarely see it mounted in pubs so why bother wasting tonnage?

#153 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

AMS is for flat top designs like the ebon jaguar, marauder, dire wolf, the stalker or the likes otherwise that its not that much needed. lurmaggeddon ? not really depends on the map but all in all I find it okay, it did happen i got lurm to death but was due to bad positioning. It is part of the lore to soften the opposition before pushing after all.

Edited by TheLuc, 03 November 2016 - 04:35 AM.

#154 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:59 AM

I don't see LRM as an issue as long as your team is communicating properly.

But, if you are just going into PUG matches, this is when I bring in 3 AMS for fun.

#155 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:34 AM

View Post120mm, on 03 November 2016 - 04:27 AM, said:

Well the point is I very rarely see it mounted in pubs so why bother wasting tonnage?

That's exactly the problem mindset.

#156 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 03 November 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

Pubs don't think. This is the gold standard for any free to play game.

#157 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostLarsh, on 03 November 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

I don't see LRM as an issue as long as your team is communicating properly.

But, if you are just going into PUG matches, this is when I bring in 3 AMS for fun.

Has PGI fixed the issue where 2x AMS is the same effectiveness as 3x AMS?

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 03 November 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

Why would someone pack bug repellant when said bugs are easily avoided or not common to the area you're going to? Waste of weight and space in your pack.

#158 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 03 November 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

Why would someone pack bug repellant when said bugs are easily avoided or not common to the area you're going to? Waste of weight and space in your pack.

The thing is that, it can be of use. AMS also work to protect your team, not just you, and we all know that PUGs don't think, so why not have the mindset of being responsible. And again, having that problem mindset, you are part of the problem why there's not much AMS to go around.

#159 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 03 November 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

The thing is that, it can be of use. AMS also work to protect your team, not just you, and we all know that PUGs don't think, so why not have the mindset of being responsible. And again, having that problem mindset, you are part of the problem why there's not much AMS to go around.

So me wasting tonnage on an ams that most likely won't be needed in any given match will somehow cause others to start using them? Every time I see one going off on another mech my first thought was how much more ammo or how much faster or how much bigger a gun can I mount with the saved slots and weight. Besides I have radar dep so lrm are just a simple walk out of los to avoid.

#160 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Make 3x ams with overdrive actually more effective than 2x ams with overdrive, and make ams with overdrive actually better than standard ams.
Maybe also add LAMS.

Fix the bug where ams will get too focused on a single missile despite putting out plenty of damage to kill it, and where ams will just suddenly give up and stop firing completely for no raisn, and also make ams prioritize missiles that are likely to hit and ignore missiles that will probably hit an obstacle. And make AMS not shoot through walls.

Also AMS override so you can manually shoot AMS and use them as really ****** machineguns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users