Anyone Sick Of The Lurmageddon Yet?

165 replies to this topic

#161 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

View Post120mm, on 03 November 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

So me wasting tonnage on an ams that most likely won't be needed in any given match will somehow cause others to start using them? Every time I see one going off on another mech my first thought was how much more ammo or how much faster or how much bigger a gun can I mount with the saved slots and weight. Besides I have radar dep so lrm are just a simple walk out of los to avoid.

Yes, and no. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, there's barely any AMS in the team because they believe that it's useless because the team doesn't bring enough. Turn it around, always bring AMS.

And every time i see a mech that can bring an AMS and doesn't, my first thought is you deserved to get lurmed to death. To be fair, though, i don't know every mech and variant that has AMS hardpoints, likewise those who have little tonnage to spare to begin with like Locust, valid excuse. After all, that's already 3 tons to make an effective 2x AMS, Locust only have 20.

Array of AMS works together, even if you have radar dep, as well as training to deal with LRMs, your team does not necessarily have either. Even when just standing there, when you're not the target of LRMs, the AMS can help your team.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 04 November 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#162 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:08 AM

I don't understand how all guys seem to run with LRMs don't you know that LRM need a team to work - you take LRMs and hope that the other team also runs with LRM only - it's like a hot knife vs cheese when running an As7-DDC lately - effective range 100m
It's like God mode

Please people learn to play before you waste time running Lurms

#163 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

I think a large issue is that the game rewards players for KMDD, and killing blows. There are barely any rewards for team play, and that is why AMS is not seen often. If we had a reward scale for AMS protection I think more people would think twice about loading all the heavy weapons their mech can carry.

#164 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

This is a tough topic, I always try to see thinks from a neutral view.

I feel everything when in balance is good but when it's tipped, it goes crazy.

I just had a match on Viridian in a newish Viper. I must have made a mistake and stepped too far out while scouting, but it was too late. I saw incoming missile and knew I had to find cover quick (I honestly thought it wouldn't be a problem)... I never made it. I was hit by the hardest lrm attack I've actually ever seen.

Yep I was raging but in a weird way it was completely my fault. I was trying to scout and I got caught. We won the match (perhaps they had too many lrmers and the brawlers took em out). But for me, that was my mistake and I see that now.

The map where I feel lrms really hurt the game too much is the Ice maps in general (maybe not Frozen). In general they can keep firing due to the cold and there's almost no cover in polar.

I wished more EMC mechs would come out as that protection bubble is really small now. Also a lot of the games I launch = no ecm mechs.

#165 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostMole, on 08 September 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

The thing about dumb-firing LRMs is most people have no reason to believe that missiles are coming to them if they don't hear Betty scream "WARNING: INCOMING MISSILE" and it doesn't hit them that those missiles streaking in their direction could have been dumb-fired at them and they don't move. Heck, a lot of people don't even realize that LRMs can be dumb-fired in the manner. I've gotten kills with LRMs before against an enemy that was critical and my lasers were on cooldown and I had no lock and just dumbfired my LRMs at them.

I use the Meta Mauler 1R, so my brawling weapons are 2 MLs. I've put down many a mech fool enough to try and sneak inside my LRM range. And I'll still launch missiles at them if they let me. They forget what the real min range is, and get caught by 4x15LRMAs point blank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users