Delay the Clan Invasion

180 replies to this topic

#1 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

Maybe I am the odd duck but anyone else feel like the Clan invasion should be pushed back since the game is not suppose to follow the canonical timeline. This is more for game balance than anything else, in my opinion, since Clanner mechs will more or less slaughter Inner Sphere mechs, you would have a lot more players flooding the over powered side to reap the benefits of technology.

So for me, I almost wish that the Clan invasion actually didn't happen for a year so we can have our fun duking it out between Houses and whatnot. What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

So what should the devs do? "End of the road" signs don't work in space.

#3 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

This game will follow the canon timeline exactly, where do you have your wisdom from?

#4 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

yeah i would like there to be a few months of gameplay to enable the IS to get balanced etc before adding clan stuff into the mix and giving people new stuff to play for, maybe not a year perhaps, but 6 months maybe?

#5 Damiv

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

I'd prefer that they just make the mechs all balanced (or close to balanced) so that we can focus on enjoying the mechs we like, instead of being forced to play what is "best".

#6 River McCain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationTropical Paradise

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

It has also been stated that MWO will follow TT/canon rules only as far as relates to good gameplay, so do you really think the clan mechs are going to be uber OP, because I do not. This subject has been beat to death already.

#7 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

They need to add melee before the clans really hit. That was the one major advantage that the IS had over clanners.

#8 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

The clans need to come in august for the abduction of kell then come full on in march as scheduled. I have waited since the end oh ghost bears legacy as have the rest of us die hard clanners. We are done waiting.

#9 shadowwolf jerricho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 292 posts
  • LocationKHSA Coyote Remembered

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Clan Mechs are supposed to outclass IS Mechs. Balance is a beautiful thing but initial invasion, I do not think Clans will be available to play. I am assuming they will be available after say 6 months or so. With this built in unavailability the IS can figure tactics to equalize the superiority of the mechs and weapons, plus hopefully they will begin to offer Clan Salvage to all units or Black Markets. I hope they set the invasion Clans to some sort of AI and follow canon as much as possible, offer out contracts to Mercs and Houses face unknown opponents similar to the actual invasion. We will have to wait and see what Piranaha and the boys plan on doing. I have already purchased a Founders pack, so I am here for the long haul.

#10 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Don't delay the invasion, I already have dibs on a number of IS players I want to trash educate about the Clan way.

#11 Trevnor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

Uh... Yeah.... Clanners don't actually begin invading the main section of the Inner Sphere until March, 3050. There'll be about six or so months before they hit.

#12 DaNoD1701

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFla, USA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

In the timeline the clans have aready left the periphery for the inner sphere. Is a long trip with lots of jumps and recharge time. But they will be here soon.

#13 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

We clanners are waiting out july, august, september, october, november, december, january, february and atleast most of march, is this not enough delay? Also since its pvp there is no ai so expect clans as factions by april 2nd-ish

#14 Charles Monroe

• Pip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 12 posts
  • Locationright behind you.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

As for me, I'm on the crossroad.
I'm not against bending the canon a bit, but the OP's suggestion breaks it, not just bends.
On the other hand, indeed, the IS before the Invasion and the IS after it are 2 different places, with a different feel about the world.
When the very first news on the upcoming MW game had been announced (it was supposed to be a single player game back then), the point that contributed greatly to my excitment was that the game was to be set in 3015. I would be most eager to play in that era (at least for a while), with the technology bordering on extinction, etc.
But again, delaying teh Invasion is not acceptable, so we'll just have to take it as is.

#15 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

There is nothing known about the Clan Invasion. How can you against something you dont even know? Wait for the implementation. Then you can still open balance threads if Piranha gets it wrong.

#16 SparkSovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 18 July 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

We clanners are waiting out july, august, september, october, november, december, january, february and atleast most of march, is this not enough delay? Also since its pvp there is no ai so expect clans as factions by april 2nd-ish

Personally I think April 1st would be a much more interesting release date for them.

#17 bpphantom

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCanukistan

I would be okay with them delaying the start of the clock for the 1:1 day progression until public go live. That provides an undisclosed buffer for the founders to form the replacements for the well known merc companies or house units before everyone is in and progressing before the timeline kicks in and we progress into the invasion.

I'm very curious how they'l enforce Zellbrigen on the clan pilots and how much it will cost to join/create within that faction.

Edited by bpphantom, 18 July 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#18 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

You can already tell they are following timeline, look at the new feeds, they are straight out of books and whatnot.

#19 Saxophonist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA, Terra, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

No, the game will follow canon EXACTLY. Besides, you don't want a Mad Cat? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!

#20 Stahl Krieger

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

I have to disagree with this. The Clan Invasion should remain *precisely* on schedule. Piranha is taking pride in making a *true* MechWarrior game, and I for one am greatly looking forward to the appearance of the Clans...which I'm sure has no relation to the fact that I may just be joining them the nanosecond that I am able to. >_>

Edited by Stahl Krieger, 18 July 2012 - 05:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users