Operation Frontline 2

468 replies to this topic

#441 DangerousOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

View PostAppogee, on 20 September 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

I tried Streaks and LRMs in a couple of matches, but I found dakka Mechs were the most reliable for KMDs. Even for Clan.

I think it's because they both do high DPS and the killing blow, which through component destruction is an important chunk of damage as well.

Actually hybrid streak Timber or a streak Scat are pretty good at hunting lights. Timber is tanky and Scat is fast and very mobile (JJs and MASC). The main thing in all this is not to win but to do KMDD on light mech. Use map, wait for appropriate moment, seek out light mechs, hunt them down, ignore other targets at any cost, do not engage more than one (or two lights if you run Timber) etc etc. This tactic most of the time isn't good for wining the drop. But it works when you got to fulfill your real goal of doing KMDD on light mechs. And it worked for me pretty well.

Also when you run IS mechs the best anti light weapon is LPLs. In my case it was Thunderbolt and Quickdraw. Triple LPLs eat light mech legs like a charm.

Edited by DangerousOne, 20 September 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#442 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

Was there ever an official statement on what they were going to do with the reward situation? I got what I was supposed to get, but knowing there were other Dav loyalists that got and Exe... and I want those cbills too.

Mostly so I can buy black knights.

#443 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 20 September 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Was there ever an official statement on what they were going to do with the reward situation? I got what I was supposed to get, but knowing there were other Dav loyalists that got and Exe... and I want those cbills too.

Page 14 of this thread.

#444 DangerousOne

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

You will get nothing else cuz you hadn't done cumulative event goal before PGI fixed that "bug".

Edited by DangerousOne, 20 September 2016 - 10:37 AM.

#445 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

Yes and I reposted it a few pages back, along with the statement that they were going to "do something for the loyalists"

#446 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Finally this kill stealing event is over. Thanks to an 11 day lasting event that was ultimately announced 20 minutes before its start, and thanks to a one-liner in the patch notes about recruiting tickets, thanks to a message-of-the-day that doesn't work but instead shows all 240 members of my unit joining each day, and thanks to a reward system for both sides, there have been 4 members who left my unit for the rewards and now expect me to pay 12 million for each one to get them back into the unit.

You owe me 48 million , PGI!

#447 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

So how bout that something for the loyalists?

#448 Stegastreisand

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:37 AM

Ya I kinda feel that by trying to play the "team" game and actually listening to callers I got {LT-MOB-25} blocked from my executioner. I had zillions of kmdds from mediums and heavies as they were always on the way to the objective. Did get all the other goods tho.

#449 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostDangerousOne, on 20 September 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

Actually hybrid streak Timber or a streak Scat are pretty good at hunting lights. Timber is tanky and Scat is fast and very mobile (JJs and MASC).

I like to use my Streak-Cat by locking the target and then JUMPING before chain firing...the streaks will turn down onto the target and hit from above, better chances that they hit the arms and torso and not the legs. Also the target isn't likely expecting that and if they were aiming at you, will probably miss.

#450 DangerousOne

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:34 AM

View PostBSK, on 20 September 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

Finally this kill stealing event is over. Thanks to an 11 day lasting event that was ultimately announced 20 minutes before its start, and thanks to a one-liner in the patch notes about recruiting tickets, thanks to a message-of-the-day that doesn't work but instead shows all 240 members of my unit joining each day, and thanks to a reward system for both sides, there have been 4 members who left my unit for the rewards and now expect me to pay 12 million for each one to get them back into the unit.

You owe me 48 million , PGI!

So much for loyalty. Posted Image (You can charge your "former members" if they are so eager to join back.).

#451 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

View PostTaffer, on 20 September 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

So how bout that something for the loyalists?

Well, I guess now it's official: the loyalists did not get anything extra. The event is over, the patch has been deployed, but no account injections so far. To be fair, though, they didn't promise to give anything to the loyalists, they just said they'd think about it...

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 20 September 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#452 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostAppogee, on 20 September 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

My Event Match Stats:

Posted Image

tl:dr Clans OP

I'm curious: For what where those clan/IS matches "required"? Clearly, it cannot be for completing the overall challenge and earn the mech and a mech bay, since one of the goals was to play 16 scouting and 16 invasion matches, which seems impossible to reach with 3/15 matches respectively you played with clans.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 20 September 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#453 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 20 September 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm curious: For what where those clan/IS matches "required"? Clearly, it cannot be for completing the overall challenge and earn the mech and a mech bay, since one of the goals was to play 16 scouting and 16 invasion matches, which seems impossible to reach with 3/15 matches respectively you played with clans.

You only needed to play 16 matches in total ... not 16 as IS and another 16 as Clan.

Edited by Appogee, 20 September 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#454 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

Didn't quite get enough to get the full reward, but wanted to leave a shout out to all the great players i dropped with and against this event.

Had the privilege of commanding several drops full of solo players. We got to show several clan teams what a bunch of solo players and pugs can do. Again you guys were all awesome and thanks for the drops. Remember whether we won or lost, it was a fantastic time.

Hope to see you all on the battlefield again.

To all the units and commanders out there, don't forget that new players are the life blood of the game. Bring them in, teach them, and help elevate them. Not only will you have more friends to play with, but they will go out of their way to play with you.

#455 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostAppogee, on 20 September 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

You only needed to play 16 matches in total ... not 16 as IS and another 16 as Clan.

Ah, seems like I didn't pay attention. So it was only the 10 KMDD per weight class that needed to be done after switching allegiance for non-loyalists to get both mechs and the mechbays?

PGI must really hate loyalists then... those guys who would make population in Faction Play a little more predictable...

#456 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

I must say that as of late during invasion matches I'm getting terrible, disgusting slowdowns & screen freezes at random, bc of those I got killed like once or twice per match + loading of invasion maps takes quite longer than usual. Quick matches and scouting both work more or less ok for me, like always, I have no idea why this is happening, the only thing I installed on my pc lately are new drivers for my gfx card, I used repair tool, then redownloaded whole game, didn't help.

That said, against all the odds I completed the event, got my free stuff along with Zeus, thanks for freebies.

Edited by Kell Aset, 20 September 2016 - 08:28 PM.

#457 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostKell Aset, on 20 September 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

I'm getting terrible, disgusting slowdowns & screen freezes at random,

Do you use decals?

I noticed slowdowns and freezes after I added them. I took them off and the problems stopped.

#458 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostAppogee, on 20 September 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

Do you use decals?

I noticed slowdowns and freezes after I added them. I took them off and the problems stopped.

No Appogee, I don't have any decals on my mechs.

#459 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostDangerousOne, on 20 September 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

So much for loyalty. Posted Image (You can charge your "former members" if they are so eager to join back.).

In fact someone offered me 50 $ via paypal to take him back into the unit after the event. But tell me, how do I charge them? I have to pay first into the coffer to invite them into the unit. Then voluntarily they can pay money into the coffer. I will not get my money back. 48 million for a one liner in the patch notes 3 months ago ..

#460 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostBSK, on 21 September 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

In fact someone offered me 50 $ via paypal to take him back into the unit after the event. But tell me, how do I charge them? I have to pay first into the coffer to invite them into the unit. Then voluntarily they can pay money into the coffer. I will not get my money back. 48 million for a one liner in the patch notes 3 months ago ..

that means your unit has 0 c-bills at the moment?
Ok. Your Unit has 100-200 members?

Solution:
Unit meeting, please every member pay 1 million c-bills into the unit coffer. Otherwise I can't Invite the 4 guys who left the unit.
Because I will not pay 48 million c-bills of my own money. We are a group so everybody pays.

To the 4 guys who left the unit. You can join my unit if you pay the invite costs immediately after you joined the unit.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users