This Is Getting Too Much Now

6 replies to this topic

#1 Markoxford

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:56 AM

PGI are lost in a world of hurt right now - how the heck do they think changing a laser duration by 4 hundredth of a second matters to anyone ?? We have a saying in Britain - "Pissing in the wind" - for such ineffective actions. I bet if you actually ran they numbers they are buffing and nerfing the same weapons over and over again IN THE SAME PTS version! One great match on the PTS by a laser boat and WHAM another 1/100 of a second is added, another player does great with ACs and WHAM ppc's get a reduction of 1 in heat draw, (not heat generated mind you as that's in case a f**ing mech torso twists too much on a Friday afternoon!!!).

They are not adding gaming complexity, they are just fiddling with random values based on a limited amount of statistical data from the PTS, (of course one of my favorites is "there are lies, damned lies and statistics). Heat draw, range - optimal and max, damage done, recharge time, weight, heat generated, slots, HPs, Crits - 10 different parameters that conflict or compliment different areas of the game experience generating confusion for all and basically presenting a new player with a cliff instead of a learning curve, ( a cliff they can never hope to climb by themselves).

Oh please god - help them realise they need a true game designer to come in and re-build from scratch a fun game with good complexity that compliments the mech lab / game play aspects into one coherent whole.

Edited by Markoxford, 13 September 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#2 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostMarkoxford, on 13 September 2016 - 04:56 AM, said:

... fiddling ...

Thou shalt not say that (http://www.urbandict...p?term=Fiddling)
It's naughty.

#3 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostAntares102, on 13 September 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

It's naughty.

Hey, PGI, where's my female pilot model?

#4 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostAntares102, on 13 September 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

It's naughty.

You wot mate, schlicking is the word that describes that...

#5 Markoxford

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

Where I come from it means no such thing Posted Image

#6 Arkroma

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

Pissing in the wind is sometimes how you balance things---or do you prefer the old method of "nerf it into oblivion" from PGI? They are trying to establish a role for each kind of weapon this time even using the words "baseline lasers" and "dps-focused role". To me they had more clues than ever! Or at least more than those when they nerfed C-ERLLs into a smoking pile of trash.

I'm not going to comment on the fiddling part but yeah female pilot model and voice would be nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users