#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 23 September 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

4... wow... Posted Image . I've apparently been in cryo.

My two-drop session last night convinced me that I still love Wolfhounds (mostly because they're very "Stupid Mistake Forgiving"), and my Griffin's are suffering from a sudden torpor.. was that part of the embiggening? Or have they always been like that and I've just been away for awhile?

GRFs feel about the same to me as always, but the general speed level is 15kph faster than when I started.

#22 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

View Postjuxstapo, on 22 September 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

EDIT: OMG Patches! Ugh! I'm actually getting sleeping watching the patch progress bar!

dude.. that is why you patch at night!

I think the griffins grew a little.. not sure though.. again check patch notes, there is a huge list, and notes on the forums that has all the size changes..

Funny thing is, almost every mech i play shrunk outside of a couple that barely grew.. while on the flip side, so many people complained that their favorite mech got huge increases. guess for once i got rewarded for not playing OP mechs! :P

#23 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

I'm sure this has been done to death... but as I told the Corsairs, I can't change who I am... or deny the impulse buys:
Posted Image

just strolled through testing grounds with max engine and some mlas (this is the PHX-2)... essentially making a sh!tittier Firestarter. Does this thing ever want a standard? Or is leveraging movement quirks the key? (Thought maybe the quirks would offset the smaller engine.

Should go assym all the way with the weapons shouldn't it?

Edited by juxstapo, 01 October 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#24 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:30 PM

View Postjuxstapo, on 01 October 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

I'm sure this has been done to death... but as I told the Corsairs, I can't change who I am... or deny the impulse buys:
Posted Image

just strolled through testing grounds with max engine and some mlas (this is the PHX-2)... essentially making a sh!tittier Firestarter. Does this thing ever want a standard? Or is leveraging movement quirks the key? (Thought maybe the quirks would offset the smaller engine.

Should go assym all the way with the weapons shouldn't it?

XL all the way and roll damage with your agility. Losing gun arms is your biggest issue. Running around with no arms and thus no guns gets old in the PXH. This 1B is my favorite FWIW, but this 3S got me second on the leaderboard (by 1 point at the wire).

The paint is truly wonderful BTW. Got a tear in my eye.

Edited by TercieI, 01 October 2016 - 06:30 PM.

#25 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

It's a natural counterpoint to the GlaugRauder:
Posted Image

(for the extremely rare Macrobotech uninitiated on these forums: Skull One annd the Glaug Battle Pod )
Now that I look at it the stock paint pattern on the PHX would actually put me closer to the Skull 1 wouldn't it?

Oh, Posted Image on a totally unrelated note Terc, (since I didn't get to show you day of), long ride to work and a fresh pack of sharpies = unavoidable consequences:

Posted Image

Edited by juxstapo, 01 October 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#26 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 14 September 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Er... lots and lots and lots of stuff.

Faction Play is the main focus of the developers' efforts right now.

We ditched IGP, which saw a huge increase in quality and quantity of changes to the game from PGI.

There've been a host of mechanics changes too numerous to list - check Smurfy's for a good overview. Essentially, Clan and Inner Sphere 'mechs are different in play mechanics, but intended to be roughly equivalent in power.

You want to use UAVs, Artillery (or possibly Air) strikes, Radar Deprivation, and Seismic Sensors as your GXP unlocks and module purchases.

And the game is still a lot of fun for quick play - though Faction Play needs a lot of work.

There are still many, many salty tears about anything PGI does - even when the Salt Islanders get what they said they wanted. They've mostly left the path of reason - ignore them and make up your own mind.

Finally, there's a ton of guys who haunt the newbie help forums - if you have any specific questions, let us know!

My Q was same as OP and just wanted to chime in and thank you for the info. I have been gone since Fall 2014 and now it is looking like I can finally online game again.
Going to join PUG matches today to "relearn" how to play.

#27 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,967 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:14 PM

Gleeee! Welcome back!

Haven't seen you in a while.

#28 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:03 PM

Now that my fps problems have finally been resolved (Thanks much Tarl and co.) I finally got to hunker down to a decent game night with fellow Corsair moonglum and much fun was had by all (both);

Despite one individual's hemmorrhoidal attempt at "humor" (I suppose humor is what he was aiming for) that involved legging me right at the beginning of the match (yeah, we were teammates), for "disrespecting terra therma, the one true map"... hilarious, truly Posted Image ;

Aside from that, I've fallen back in love with this game.

Tickled to note that a decal purchase is unlocked across your entire collection. Kinda anticipated having to repurchase them every time you painted something, in keeping with the trend. As is I've taken the banner/jolly roger combo I had bought for the PHX and tacked it onto every chassis I came across tonight. A black banner with a slightly larger yellow banner behind it to form an outline, and a Smoke Jag Grey Jolly Roger in front (couldn't do white cuz the decals are very bright). Formed a nice cohesive unit patch in keeping with Ransom's Corsair's "skull squad" theme. (Obsidian, Titanium, and Sulphur are our colors, Bucc is our camo, Skull 1 was our inspiration, Posted Image ). With a unit patch on one side of me machines, I felt I needed a personal patch to balance it out, settled for three little HotRod Red Hearts Posted Image , felt safe that with the possible exception of Isendre (doubtful, she'd go for something more... more Posted Image ), none of the other Corsairs would feel slighted by my laying claim to them. So the decal system was an amusing win for me.

The supply cache thing however. Posted Image
Yeah, that was irritating. The "You may have won a new car!!!! Send $x.xx to this address to find out!" motif should've stayed in my junk mail and not drifted over into my MWO. Fail PGI... fail.

Mechwise I'm glad I didn't get in on the initial, un-tweaked PHX, as is, with the added structure, it's being an interesting training program to shake the rust loose. I'm tending to flip flop from one build to another in between matches, which is a bad habit, I know.
It certainly isn't OP, but I don't regret the purchase at all.

Still got a single Wolfhound to finish for my light. Also a string of Locusts, but don't quite feel up to that yet. Kinda tempted to revisit my Panthers also, adored those things when they came out.

The surprise for the evening was the last two matches, played out in my Jester (the only CPTL I didn't master)... I was shocked at how much... muchness the thing had. (Big engine, jets, and three LPL's). It just... worked, really well. The emshrinkening was a God send for that chassis. Which is of special note to me personally because the Founder's Cat was the very first mech I owned, an Anniversary present from me wife.

Welcome back me! Posted Image

Edited by juxstapo, 07 October 2016 - 09:14 PM.

#29 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:00 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 07 October 2016 - 09:03 PM, said:

Welcome back me! Posted Image

Indeed! Welcome back you!

#30 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

Annnnnnnd it's gone.

Shut down and rebooted the next day and framerates have tanked again. Posted Image Time to start drinking.

#31 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

vid card was overheating.

spankin' new gtx 1060 (6gb of course)

So the previous question repeats; anything interesting since last Oct? (Hmm.. Javelin)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users