#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:38 AM

View PostFupDup, on 24 September 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

However, keep in mind that the current Clan dakka mechs use Ultra ACs for higher DPS. If Clan normal ACs were PPFLD, then the Clan dakka boats would have to reduce their DPS in order to benefit from it.

I think that at the very least, the Clan ACs should have equal or slightly faster cooldown than the Clan Ultras. Or even higher velocity. Just something to make them not worthless, if PGI has to insist on keeping them in the game.

Why PGI insists on keeping them in the game just boggles my mind. But then again this is an MVP game. Posted Image

#22 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 23 September 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

I'm just happy to see that there are actual new players in this game.

There is still a lot of potential new players out there. Whenever I mention MWO to ANYONE, whether other online gamers or even at hobby stores the usual response is "What's that?".

#23 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 24 September 2016 - 12:03 AM, said:

Unless you're using a macro for that chainfire, you should NEVER jam an AC without double tapping.

nope no macro just set to fire group 1 that set in chain fire an holding down the button.

an after all remember were talking about an Dev team that has been know to ninja nerf things with out adding it to the patch notes from time to time.

View PostMystere, on 24 September 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

Please record a video and send to PGI support. I just tried, got bored trying to run out of ammo, and not once did weapons jam.

ya sure ill send them the black screen vids with MWO sounds so they can hear the sound of all 4 UAC2 jam

Edited by kf envy, 24 September 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#24 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

I've had the 1-click jam happen as well, but only ever on the Ultra20. Only ever happened twice so it's not a big deal I guess.

#25 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 24 September 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

The Clan autocannons were put in to give an option with the same crits/tons as the equivalent LB-X weapons that did not fire cluster rounds. This was necessitated by the inability to code in the capability to switch between ammo types in the middle of a match.

PGI decided to give the Clan Autocannons the same 'burst fire' mechanic of the Clan Autocannons.

On the upside, Clan Autocannons are truer to Lore because almost nowhere do you find ACs firing single rounds.

On the downside, IS gets pinpoint damage.

At a higher level, I just think it's ridiculous to give the Clans the option of taking slot-equivalent, non-cluster LB-X ACs but not the IS. Yeah, it will obsolete the AC/10, but that's hardly anything to cry over.

#26 Tombs Clawtooth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 24 September 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

There's always this claim they can jam on the first trigger pull, but thus far not a single video has been provided as evidence.

Russ himself asked for someone to give proof, so he could have it fixed, and he got nothing.

I have gone in Training Grounds with thousands of rounds, and couldn't replicate the issue. It just doesn't happen.

It happens to me frequently in actual play. I've never reproduced it outside of a match though.

I think it's something lag related.

When I first started playing I thought I had a hardware fault causing it, but I most certainly do not.

Edited by Tombs Clawtooth, 24 September 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#27 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

Non ultra Clan UAC's sound pretty cool. Prefer their sound over the Ultra. I like to combine Clan AC's with ultras on some of my clan dakka mechs so when the inevitable jam happens, I have more weapons that can continue to shoot.

#28 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:46 AM

I think the reason PGI has not allowed LBX to switch between ammo types is they do not want Clan mechs to have a single shot ballistic weapon. Part of the Clan tech nerf for MWO is streaming and burst damage which by nature will hit multiple mech sections, a nerf.

However......

"Introduced in 2595 by the Terran Hegemony. The LB 10-X Autocannon is essentially a 'Mech-mounted shotgun, capable of firing special "cluster rounds" that split apart after being fired, allowing the weapon to either spread damage out or focus damage on a small area, depending on the range. LB-X Autocannons are able to use either the special cluster rounds or standard autocannon rounds. The LB 10-X Autocannon, having a higher caliber, causes higher damage than lower-caliber autocannons, though it is limited to medium ranges.

LB-X autocannons cannot use the special munitions developed by the AFFS, and cannot be combined with Ultra, Rotary, or Light Autocannon technology."

So, PGI needs to fix the Clan AC's to fire the standard Autocannon HEAP rounds like any normal Autocannon. Even if they can't make the ammo switch thing work, making the Clan AC, Ultra-Autocannon burst fire, is non-cannon and not allowed by the rules. Go figure.

Edited by Lightfoot, 25 September 2016 - 02:35 AM.

#29 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 24 September 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

I think the reason PGI has not allowed LBX to switch between ammo types is they do not want Clan mechs to have a single shot ballistic weapon. Part of the Clan tech nerf for MWO is streaming and burst damage which by nature will hit multiple mech sections, a nerf.

However......

"Introduced in 2595 by the Terran Hegemony. The LB 10-X Autocannon is essentially a 'Mech-mounted shotgun, capable of firing special "cluster rounds" that split apart after being fired, allowing the weapon to either spread damage out or focus damage on a small area, depending on the range. LB-X Autocannons are able to use either the special cluster rounds or standard autocannon rounds. The LB 10-X Autocannon, having a higher caliber, causes higher damage than lower-caliber autocannons, though it is limited to medium ranges.

LB-X autocannons cannot use the special munitions developed by the AFFS, and cannot be combined with Ultra, Rotary, or Light Autocannon technology."

So, PGI needs to fix the Clan AC's to fire the standard Autocannon HEAP rounds like any normal Autocannon. Even if they can't make the ammo switch thing work making the Clan AC, Ultra-Autocannon burst fire, is non-cannon and not allowed by the rules. Go figure.

Posted Image

You think it's a balance decision instead of them just being bad at coding their game. How cute.

#30 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostDavers, on 24 September 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

There is still a lot of potential new players out there. Whenever I mention MWO to ANYONE, whether other online gamers or even at hobby stores the usual response is "What's that?".

There's a gaming store across the street from my work where guys will play Warhammer 40k or whatever TT games people play these days...went in there one day just to see if they had any BT stuff and the guy working there had never heard of it. Guess I'm old and I'm not even 40 yet lol.

#31 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 24 September 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

There's a gaming store across the street from my work where guys will play Warhammer 40k or whatever TT games people play these days...went in there one day just to see if they had any BT stuff and the guy working there had never heard of it. Guess I'm old and I'm not even 40 yet lol.

You find different places have different flavors. In NY I only saw warhammer being played. In Canada OTOH I did tons of BT and Starfleet Battles.

I would recommend you asking about running games there on a regular night. Put some signs up and try to recruit some players. I will admit most new players thought the mech art was laughably terrible and it did kind of hurt recruitment. ;)

#32 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 24 September 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

That's because most "hobby stores" today are basically franchised and controlled by Games Workshop, who demands any store who sells their product to dedicate huge portions of their shelves to them. Because 40k is so popular compared to other tabletop properties, independent hobby stores can't risk giving up that income if they want to keep running, and so they almost all give in to the demands. GW is a cancerous tumor that wasn't satisfied with butchering its own franchises and selling out its licenses to any money hunting shovelware developers who would accept their high royalty demands, and so they moved on to killing tabletop gaming. Hell, it practically already has outside of independent ventures with online communities.

#33 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

Clan Ac's need to either drop a ton, or be removed.. as of now, there is zero reason to use one

#34 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:30 PM

All ACs need their cooldown doubled and velocities halved... and heat increased by 50%.

Lasers need their durations cut in half and missiles need another .5 point of damage each.

Missiles could also use some more cockpit shake on the target.

#35 DarkGuardsman

Rookie

• The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

Graugger stop being a troll

#36 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 24 September 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

Clan Ac's need to either drop a ton, or be removed.. as of now, there is zero reason to use one

Do neither of those

Edit their current properties to be useful
The least amount of work for the largest benefit: Another useful weapon system

Un-gimp their cooldowns (edPTS5 actually has this)
Up their velocity a non-marginal amount

Bam, a different, and potentially useful, Dakka weapon system
One that has the inherent disadvantage of spread, but not in DPS, with the unique benefit of having a more concentrated burst more likely to hit at range (but with the same delay between shells)

#37 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 24 September 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

FTFY.

#38 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostTombs Clawtooth, on 24 September 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

It happens to me frequently in actual play. I've never reproduced it outside of a match though.

I think it's something lag related.

When I first started playing I thought I had a hardware fault causing it, but I most certainly do not.

Should be easy for you to capture on video then, yah?

Any testing should ideally be done with the UAC firing group set to a keyboard key, to rule out any mouse button anomalies.

#39 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Ragingdemon, 24 September 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#40 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostMystere, on 24 September 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

FTFY.

im not against removal. what im against is keeping them in limbo. not all the way in and not all the way out. its kind there just to tease people who are bored with the other weapons. but when you actually use them they are sub par. no stock builds carry them, no quirks support them (except blanket ballistic quirks), they have no modules, and when a balance pass comes around they dont get any attention. make them a full part of the game or remove.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users