• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 29 September 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

They're new variants. Technically.

Chassis is a entire new set of mech, per example,

a new Chassis coming soon is the Huntsman.

a new variant coming soon is the Kitfox purifier.

clarifying at this point.

Technically these are new variants and technically this is not yet another mechpack because they're all sold individually!

But where's the new map and game mode content?

#22 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 29 September 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

reading comprehension is a bit lacking.

He said we are not getting a "NEW" (emphasis added) chassis. Well, none of those mechs are new chassis.
This is probably why a lot of folks predicted that it was going to be the release of various Clan hero mechs.

Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to defend the content choices of Russ or PGI in general, but this is not one of the instances where we were mislead.

When this is the defense....oh brother.

And you really cannot say what you said because you cannot show Russ' intent. Maybe he chose the words to mislead people without technically misleading people. What I just said is as valid as what you said because you can't disprove what I said for the same reasons you can't prove what you said.

#23 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

View Post0111101, on 29 September 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

But where's the new map and game mode content?

That, is a good question.

#24 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 29 September 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

When this is the defense....oh brother.

And you really cannot say what you said because you cannot show Russ' intent. Maybe he chose the words to mislead people without technically misleading people. What I just said is as valid as what you said because you can't disprove what I said for the same reasons you can't prove what you said.

It was super misleading, i really thought it was something other then a mech to sell me.

#25 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

This isn't something that nobody asked for. A lot of people have asked for and bemoaned the lack of Hero Mechs. So don't act like a bunch of children because it wasn't something you wanted.

#26 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

I had hoped we were going to get like... Ammo Switching, or picking which slot a weapon goes in, or something... meaningful. Clan Hero mechs isn't something "new to MWO" we have Clan heroes already with the Viper. So... I guess now they can add Clan Mastery Packs?

I don't know, I expected nothing and was let down, kind of impressive.

#27 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 September 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

This isn't something that nobody asked for. A lot of people have asked for and bemoaned the lack of Hero Mechs. So don't act like a bunch of children because it wasn't something you wanted.

View PostScout Derek, on 29 September 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

nope. But here, anyone will take advantage of people hating PGI and use this against them.

#28 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:18 PM

So technically Mr Bullock is full of s it.

#29 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

Look, Man.

That 1E, 1M Right Torso is so going to replace my TBR S-Pod. I was begging for this to happen.
Gods, 11/15 can't get here soon enough! Gahh!1!one!!

#30 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 29 September 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

reading comprehension is a bit lacking.

He said we are not getting a "NEW" (emphasis added) chassis. Well, none of those mechs are new chassis.
This is probably why a lot of folks predicted that it was going to be the release of various Clan hero mechs.

Do not get me wrong, I am not trying to defend the content choices of Russ or PGI in general, but this is not one of the instances where we were mislead.

Yea, he used semantics to try and fool us into getting hyped over nothing new. Saying READING COMPREHENSION FAIL more like EXPLANATION FAIL. Saying NOT NEW CHASSIS is leading us to believe it wouldnt be a reskin of old ones either since that by its definition isn't really NEW.

new

n(y)o͞o/

adjective

not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time

• NOT EXISTING BEFORE is literally the first line in the definition of NEW. All of this has existed in game just not with these colors or hardpoints. Its hardly new and it isnt old but it certainly isnt content and certainly isnt worth hyping people up over.

Thats a nice trick lawyers use. Maybe Russ should have been a a lawyer.

Edited by Revis Volek, 29 September 2016 - 04:25 PM.

#31 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

Lol.. You guys crack me up.

Yes, he said that some content update was coming, even going so far as to preface that it would be minor.

As usual, the community read way too much into it and allowed their wild speculations to paint this into a bigger deal than it ever should have been.

#32 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostDaZur, on 29 September 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Lol.. You guys crack me up.

Yes, he said that some content update was coming, even going so far as to preface that it would be minor.

As usual, the community read way too much into it and allowed their wild speculations to paint this into a bigger deal than it ever should have been.

I think Russ did that on his own, why announce it hours ahead of time if its minor and not worth announcing? Leave the announcement for important stuff and this wont happen.

#33 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 29 September 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Yea, he used semantics to try and fool us into getting hyped over nothing new. Saying READING COMPREHENSION FAIL more like EXPLANATION FAIL. Saying NOT NEW CHASSIS is leading us to believe it wouldnt be a reskin of old ones either since that by its definition isn't really NEW.

new

n(y)o͞o/

adjective

not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time

• NOT EXISTING BEFORE is literally the first line in the definition of NEW. All of this has existed in game just not with these colors or hardpoints. Its hardly new and it isnt old but it certainly isnt content and certainly isnt worth hyping people up over.
Thats a nice trick lawyers use. Maybe Russ should have been a a lawyer.

Even then, I think people weren't using their heads enough when understanding the difference between variant and the word chassis.:

CHASSIS:
  • the base frame of a motor vehicle or other wheeled conveyance.

VARIANT:
  • a form or version of something that differs in some respect from other forms of the same thing or from a standard.
NOT A NEW CHASSIS MEANS NO NEW MECH LIKE THE HUNTSMAN.

Now can we stop trying to say that he misled you or some of the other BS that's coming out?

Edited by Scout Derek, 29 September 2016 - 04:31 PM.

#34 lagartx3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 143 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColombia

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 29 September 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Yeah, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. On the other hand, at least a few of them have some unique hard points, so that's something I guess?

No, dude, lets not comform with more 'give us your wallet' items thrown at our faces, i mean, this game needs sooooooo many more things to be fixed, and we get a new mech preorder with its heroes EVERY SINGLE MONTH this is more than clearly a cash grab, and we dont want more of those, we want some fixes for important ****! like the load and reconection times, or the god dammed chat scrolling, or improvements to unit and friends management!!

yeah! new mechs and heroes its always nice, but dude!!!!! we get a new chasis every month!!! and where are our game fixes????

#35 lagartx3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 143 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 September 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Technically, he was correct

wich is the worst form of being correct...

#36 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 29 September 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

I think Russ did that on his own, why announce it hours ahead of time if its minor and not worth announcing? Leave the announcement for important stuff and this wont happen.

Oh, no doubt Russ intended to build antisipation... But the over reaching expectations falls on those who built up there hopes.

That said, if they just announced this with zero build up they would have equally been lambasted for not marketing it.

Damned if you don't... Damned if ya do.

#37 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

Well as long as Russ is content then I guess I'm content too.

#38 lagartx3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 143 posts
  • LocationColombia

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostDaZur, on 29 September 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Oh, no doubt Russ intended to build antisipation... But the over reaching expectations falls on those who built up there hopes.

That said, if they just announced this with zero build up they would have equally been lambasted for not marketing it.

Damned if you don't... Damned if ya do.

Come on, you really belive peopble would be bashing russ the same if the new heroes had just appeared without anticipation?? I dont really think so, I firmly belive that what has driven the imagination of the comunity to such 'wild' extents is the lack of REAL new content and fixes for troubles that have been on the game for months.

yeah, new heroes are nice, but...

#39 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 29 September 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

*Snip*

Now can we stop trying to say that he misled you or some of the other BS that's coming out?

He didnt purposefully mislead he was very precise with his words.

I can do the same thing, i could say im Gonna give you $20 dollars soon. Whats my definition of soon, how am i going to give you that $20?

Soon ™ could be a year from now, or an hour i never said when just soon.

I could be an a$shat and give you it all in pennies, a rubbermaid of pennies and i would have kept my word. I could send you 1 cent a day for the next 2,000 days and i would have kept my word.

I could give you $20 dollars in coupons at a store that isnt near you, but i still gave you $20 dollars. I never said it would be in usable funds did I?

You would be upset and felt mislead if i did nothing else then hand you a $20 bill of usable, legit currency.

#40 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

Being Technical like this is a good way to piss off people. Its is just poor move from a PR Statement. Personally, I don't care I learned long ago not to have any expectations when it comes to PGI, it saves on the disappointment

rember Russ does not think mechs are content... Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TKSax, 29 September 2016 - 05:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users