#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 29 September 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

He didnt purposefully mislead he was very precise with his words.

I can do the same thing, i could say im Gonna give you $20 dollars soon. Whats my definition of soon, how am i going to give you that $20?

Soon ™ could be a year from now, or an hour i never said when just soon.

I could be an a$shat and give you it all in pennies, a rubbermaid of pennies and i would have kept my word. I could send you 1 cent a day for the next 2,000 days and i would have kept my word.

I could give you $20 dollars in coupons at a store that isnt near you, but i still gave you $20 dollars. I never said it would be in usable funds did I?

You would be upset and felt mislead if i did nothing else then hand you a $20 bill of usable, legit currency.

You could've just cut to the chase where PGI did say in their "launch video" that CW would be out in 60-90 days.

I mean... it's the meme that keeps on giving.

View PostTKSax, on 29 September 2016 - 04:52 PM, said:

Being Technical like this is a good way to piss off people. Its is just poor move from a PR Statement. Personally, I don't care I learned long ago not to have any expectations when it comes to PGI, it saves on the disappointment

rember Russ does not think mechs are content... Posted Image

http://i.imgur.com/o0rGJ9h.jpg

That reeks of irony.

#42 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 29 September 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

snip

Now can we stop trying to say that he misled you or some of the other BS that's coming out?

Maintaining the illusion that everything is someone else's fault must be very important to you?

And who is this "we" you speak of?

#43 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

Being Technical like this is a good way to piss off people. Its is just poor move from a PR Statement. Personally, I don't care I learned long ago not to have any expectations when it comes to PGI, it saves on the disappointment

http://i.imgur.com/o0rGJ9h.jpg

Awesome, So he forgot he said that i guess.

lol

#44 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

They technically come out at night, technically

Edited by SilentWolff, 29 September 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#45 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

Yay. More mechs.........
Not maps. Not solaris. Just more mechs.

#46 ShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 29 September 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Mostly they come out at night, mostly

fixed. How dare you mess up a Newt quote.

#47 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

So after looking at all the clan heroes:

Kitfox: 4 torso energy (high) mounts? Lol okay, still refuse to play a Kitfox but boy are those some good pods. Strip the left arm for tonnage and use the right arm + torso, or even 7 small pulses using both arms + torso pods.

Adder: Higher mounted ballistics? Yes please. Can fit a UAC10 on one of the sides in conjunction with the arm with the Jam Chance quirk, Adder just got buffed.

Nova: Only the LT is good, even then not worthwhile.

Stormcrow: Cool, i can move the gauss from the left arm to the right. Or maybe 2 UAC5s with 3/4 mediums? Idk. Kinda meh.

Summoner: So not only will the Summoner F and M be locked out for a year before being able to pay MC for that energy torso, but now we have a 3rd locked behind a paywall. This is some kind of joke that i missed, right?

Timberwolf: Ballistic left arm that's kind of meaningless unless you want to dual gauss derp with the arms, otherwise an energy right torso WITHOUT locked jumpjets, TBR isn't strong enough... please keep buffing it! Nah, just means you can now slap those pods on the S for just ONE jumpjet, put in your standard laser vomit and have 1 extra double heat sink (25 instead of 24). Or ya know, mixing laser vomit with gauss... with a tiny bit extra tonnage to play with.... maybe.

Warhawk: Congrats, you can now have 3 ballistics! Or up to 7 energy hardpoints! Small buff, but hey you gotta pay for that.

Direwolf: No longer needing jumpjets to have energy sides! Meh. Or you could mount up to 8 UAC2s with 11 tons for ammo! This build will be seen for sure. Still meh.

TL;DR
Basically pay for buffs or pay for camo/c-bill bonus. I was hoping for some content that we wouldn't have to pay for, but i already knew the answer before it was announced. Honestly, the playerbase is playing Chess while PGI is playing Checkers. It's sad when we can predict what you're going to do before you do it.

#48 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostAlpha087, on 29 September 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

I somehow fooled myself into hoping that maybe the announced content would be PvE, so I could finally start enjoying the game again. Quick play has gotten stale very quickly and faction play seems pretty much dead.

Guess I'll go figure out where I stashed my MW4 Mercs disc instead. Posted Image

YES! PVE, cmon Russ, get it goin' make MWO Great again!

Or just great, IDK as it was ever great really...

As for the Clan heroes, can we just have the skins for our (I) Clan mechs? The (I) skin is..well, lame....something new and flashy is needed for those mechs. The Warhawk is boring to look at in the Invasion skin. I have it black, but its boring....

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 29 September 2016 - 06:01 PM.

#49 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

I just do not have the words.
And that's rare PGI.

#50 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 29 September 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

YES! PVE, cmon Russ, get it goin' make MWO Great again!

Or just great, IDK as it was ever great really...

As for the Clan heroes, can we just have the skins for our (I) Clan mechs? The (I) skin is..well, lame....something new and flashy is needed for those mechs. The Warhawk is boring to look at in the Invasion skin. I have it black, but its boring....

I like the I timber wolf. i'm also not much of a claner despite having the tw,nova and jenner2cs. New skins are ok but like most other people here i'd have been far more intrested in things besides a mech or mech reskin.

And for those wanting something besides mwo until the new bt game: http://www.theisozon...-vengeance-usa/

#51 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 29 September 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

And that's rare PGI.

I'm pretty sure there's a song playing in your head right?

It's the one about dem mechpacks?

#52 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 29 September 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

So, Russ had claimed we were getting a small content update. Content. He even specified that it wasn't going to be a mech chassis. So, apparently, Russ believes that reskins and hardpoints being moved around is content that we should be excited for. What's next Russ? Saying we're getting a big content update, and handing us the bill for your car payments directly? Really Russ, did you actually expect us to get excited for this? I wouldn't have minded if you hadn't told us that content was coming. If this had been suddenly released, I might have actually been interested.

Either give us ACTUAL content, like colorblind support, HTAL, rear view cameras, or literally anything besides a goddamn mech to buy. I was disappointed with the event as your announcement, but the mechs are just an insult.

couldnt agree more, this will not get me back into the game at all and thus will not be spending money as i used to. never thought id be out of a mechwarrior game for this long ever.

#53 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 29 September 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

I like the I timber wolf. i'm also not much of a claner despite having the tw,nova and jenner2cs. New skins are ok but like most other people here i'd have been far more intrested in things besides a mech or mech reskin.

And for those wanting something besides mwo until the new bt game: http://www.theisozon...-vengeance-usa/

Me, id rather have a whole PVE campaign over skins as well, but why make a whole ton of new skinned mechs when they could just unlock the ability to have any skin on the (I) mechs. Release those skins as new skins for the Clan mechs. They would probably sell more $5 skins then $60 mech packs anyway.

#54 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

well ive been wanting more OmniMech Variants to help Fill out some Mechs,
we kinda got that, and they are all Hero Mechs, so we Kinda got that too,

so we got:
1) OmniMechs ClanWave1-2 Heros= which people have been asking for for months,
2) New OmniMech Variants= which again people have been asking for for months,

i think its move People disappointed that it wasnt something bigger,
rather than out right something PGI worked on that no one wanted,

#55 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 29 September 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

And that's rare PGI.

Please change that font..I thought you were someone else. You know, the guy with all the words.

#56 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

Posted Image

smoking gun right there. I guess mechs aren't content according to russ

#57 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:11 PM

All the songs I wanted to use had profanity in them.Posted Image
Still at a loss for words.

#58 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:18 PM

Posted Image

#59 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 September 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

On the other hand, people have asked for Clan Heroes. And he did say way back that they were working on them. Poor timing for the release, perhaps, but it was a requested item.

Well, the thing is, based on the puzzles we get every time a new mech comes out and whatnot, the leadership here has fetishized "surprising the community".

I get the general feeling that the devs are burnt out on this game, but they are far from burnt out on surprises.

Someone saw the chance for a surprise, and a tent was immediately pitched.

Oh gooody goody goody goody goody. Surprise, yeah!

Combine that with only understanding the mood of a the community based on a twitter feed where all critics are banned, and you get a recipe for the surprise being most unwelcome.

Just wait and see the reaction to the Skill Tree Surprise.

Or don't wait. It will come down to this: Why didn't you involve the community in this change instead of making it a surprise?

The above will be articulated in far more colorful language.

#60 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

View PostDaZur, on 29 September 2016 - 08:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

I hope Russ bought you a ring for sticking with him after this sort of thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users