#21 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostSirNotlag, on 29 September 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

I understand and I do like the cosmetics they sell, but they could also make people buy mc if they could be used on expensive equipment like modules and engines. Would allow people to cut out the grind by paying small amounts of actual money.

plus new players often bring in more money so making the game fun should be a high priority.

I think they can survive being criticized for that if it makes people happy.

#22 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

View PostVonbach, on 29 September 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

I'd like some more actual maps.

Thing is, there's already a fairly decent number of maps, it's just the stupid map voting feature where people vote for the same maps all the time which makes it feel like there's only like 5 maps. I've said countless times since it was implemented and I'll say it yet again - the map vote feature is a detriment to the game and should be axed.

Bringing back some of the old maps which weren't really broken as well would help and would be easy.

#23 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

I would like to see heavy PPCs.

But I also would like to see more maps, and better game modes. Assault is pretty dumb as it is, it needs turrets (though PGI can't make it work at all apparently.)
Conquest really needs to be group only, IMHO. Most PUGs just can't organize to do it right.
Domination works except the circle placement on some maps is ridiculous.
FW also desperately needs help, since every map presents exactly the same tactical problem.
They could integrate pick up games into FW better, and thus make the FW timeline more dynamic.
Really what would be good is to have some people who are skilled in tactics rather than just FPS, design game maps and modes.
There are lots of ways to add content, without simply adding mechs.

#24 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:45 PM

They don't actually have to do things from scratch either they could use some of the FW maps in QP I know Hellbore springs would not be very good but I can see emerald taiga or Victric forge being decent for conquest or assault. Also adding Conquest and Dominion game styles to FW so we play on the QP maps just with respawns would add a lot of new content to FW. Plus That might actual stop those game modes from just being another team death match.

Edited by SirNotlag, 29 September 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#25 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 September 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

they re-scaled mechs, but they need to re-scale everything else

Lol, that rescale was largely a joke. The only mechs that are the proper size are the Catapults and Lights, everything else is still like 15 feet to tall, and 10 feet to wide. The 65t Catapult comes up to like the 70t Warhammer's WAIST lol. The Warhammer I think is about as tall as the 100t Atlas, and the Warhawk, its still big as a barn and to close to the Dire Wolf in size and shape.....its still a 100t Warhawk, despite being an 85t mech.

Dat rescale...lol....it accomplished nothing.

as for rescale everything else, yeah, that would mean shrinking the trees and cockroach carapaces down by a factor ofabout 20000. that cockroach carapace on Bog is umm...yeah....this isnt an Alien space game.....

The Trees on Forest Colony are like 600 feet tall......the valleys and mountains on Canyon make it feel like were walking around in the Grand canyon with mechs a mile high...ish. This game lacks the "Im in a 30-40 foot tall Mech" Then again, no FPS Mech game really got that feeling right. It always looked like were were just a cockpit hovering over the ground. Not unlike IL2, where you feel like you are actually flying a plane, or American Truck sim, where you actually feel like your driving a truck, minus all the real world elements.....

I find it hilarious the view from the Mauler's cockpit, compared to where it actually sits and what we would actually see from the cockpit. Same for the Summoner and Warhawk, just to name a few mechs that dont match the cockpit to the model.

#26 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostSirNotlag, on 29 September 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

I dont know what you mean by that I still play on terra therma and all the others on occasion. Though that's partly because i always pick them so eventually my vote modifier goes high enough I get to outvote everyone else combined Posted Image!

I do the same! I love the outrage from people when we actually get Terra Therma to pop. xD

#27 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

I'd like to see the dev team actually do their jobs and fix glitches that have been around since the game was implemented, and re-implement features from the CBT. Or maybe add features that have been in the Mechwarrior series forever, like rear view cameras and HTAL. Or EVEN something that most goddamn games that exist have, colorblind support. But if AAAAAALL OF THAT is too hard? Maybe just add a single, solitary damn to how you go about working on the game by giving us some communication like we matter more than being nostalgia wallets by having something like the community manager you technically have actually being involved with the community instead of showing up a couple times to put out the trash fires Russ creates by not having a PR guy to stop him from making terrible decisions on his personal twitter account.

Edited by RestosIII, 29 September 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#28 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 September 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

Things don't just go poof and it's here

But that's exactly how to fix a handful of issues in MWO

#MG CoF

#29 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 September 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

But that's exactly how to fix a handful of issues in MWO

#MG CoF

LIke what? The MGs should be PPFLD like the rest of the guns in the game?

More like other guns should get some CoF, but yeah...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users