So I Got Reported

69 replies to this topic

#1 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

For suiciding, when I was the last man standing on my team, 3 to 11.

The battle was hopelessly lost, and I figured it was better if I just died quickly so everyone could start another battle sooner, instead of trying to drag the battle out.

Here are my battle result screens:
http://i.imgur.com/MKzbK1Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gr9XqAR.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the rule against suiciding is about players that suicide at the start of the battle, either overheating, out of bounds or 'zerg rushing' into the enemy team, so I didn't think what I did was against game rules.

So did I do anything wrong? Did I break game rules and deserve the report?

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostZergling, on 02 October 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

The battle was hopelessly lost, and I figured it was better if I just died quickly so everyone could start another battle sooner, instead of trying to drag the battle out.

To the best of my knowledge, the rule against suiciding is about players that suicide at the start of the battle, either overheating, out of bounds or 'zerg rushing' into the enemy team, so I didn't think what I did was against game rules.

no you don't deserve a report

#3 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

You did break the potato rules, you did play with your brain they report you whatever man be reported in this game mean stupid people did noticed you and rage :)

#4 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

You technically broke the rules, I'm sure it was the enemy team that was butthurt they didn't get the kill. Just hit override and go yolo next time, but make sure to do as much damage as you can as you go out in an exploding fire of glory.

#5 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

Please clarify, did the Game UI bump you on a time penalty to log in to the next game or did PGI spank?

#6 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

I try and commit as many murder-suicides as possible by hitting that override button. If you are going to die in a hellish inferno, you might as well try and drag another soul to accompany you.

#7 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

So did PGI punish you? Or was it just some rando saying they would report you? Cause the latter are dime a dozen.

Edited by MechaBattler, 02 October 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#8 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Think you broke the rules but I wouldn't have reported you for that... much perfer your choice over say running away and or hiding and dragging out a game when winning isn't gonna happen.

#9 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

View Postadamts01, on 02 October 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

You technically broke the rules, I'm sure it was the enemy team that was butthurt they didn't get the kill. Just hit override and go yolo next time, but make sure to do as much damage as you can as you go out in an exploding fire of glory.

Its stupid to say this becose PGI gave us tools for suicide ... out of bounds or override thing.

If dying without provide a kill to ennemy was really agaisnt CoC even you fight them, why PGI did change override to a toggle mode and why they don't put invisibles walls instead of outs of bounds zones.
Becose you can use it simply...

#10 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

It was the Wolfhound on my own team that reported me. He was whining in VOIP about how I was a coward and stuff.

View PostMW222, on 02 October 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

Please clarify, did the Game UI bump you on a time penalty to log in to the next game or did PGI spank?

No penalty AFAIK.

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

OP - you did nothing worth reporting, people can split hairs on whether you broke a rule or not. Regardless, as the last mech standing PGI isn't going to penalize you for this in any case, so it's largely moot.

Wouldn't worry about it.

It's only when you disadvantage your team that suiciding is a problem. Unless you were gonna take out the final 9, I'd say yer fine.

#12 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:26 PM

When I'm the last mech on the field, it's business as usual till the end. I'll still try to kill every last mech by whatever means necessary, no matter how long it takes whether 23 back seat pilots like it or not.

#13 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostDillion Harper, on 02 October 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

[Redacted]
Abusing the report system is against the user agreement as well, for a very good reason, it bottlenecks the system so peole who really deserve a report never get looked at. Quit that ****.

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 October 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

Its stupid to say this becose PGI gave us tools for suicide ... out of bounds or override thing.

If dying without provide a kill to ennemy was really agaisnt CoC even you fight them, why PGI did change override to a toggle mode and why they don't put invisibles walls instead of outs of bounds zones.
Becose you can use it simply...
That's a terrible argument. They aren't intended to be tools for suicide. Override is a risk/reward mechanic and it's either "out of bounds" or a silly wall around every map. Neither of those is a problem unless abused, and there's a report system if they are abused, which worked as intended for OP. I don't see an issue with either.

Edited by draiocht, 14 October 2016 - 02:53 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#14 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:35 PM

View PostZergling, on 02 October 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

It was the Wolfhound on my own team that reported me. He was whining in VOIP about how I was a coward and stuff.

Yea the potato with sad score and zero kill ... always haters rage and report for false reasons like expected.

Suicide Abuse
Some players repeatedly find ways to destroy their ‘Mechs as quickly as possible. This behaviour denies an otherwise healthy team of an active member, and leads to an imbalanced battlefield. Willfully or repeatedly self-destructing your ‘Mech, either by overheating, going out-of-bounds, or committing some other form of suicide or otherwise intending to cause abnormally early death, is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You didn't die early, it wasn't abnormally early death and you didn't denie our team to be healthy.
You were reported for this? Just take it easy like it was a compliment from a noob hater Posted Image

Well in fact we should be able to report people potatoes who can't break 200 damage most of time.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 02 October 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#15 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

In such a losing battle there really was much you could do that would have drastically changed the result. I applaud you for the suicide as it is a quick way to end the match although it is better to make a last ditch rambo attempt trying to kill or damage as much as possible before their overwhelming numbers get you. The ones the deliberately go to a corner and power down with no intention of reengaging the enemy are the ones that deserve their eventual ban.

In the end its up to pgi's support to decide what happens on case per case basis. Give them all the evidence you have and let it prove your case. If you don't have screen shots or video just write down the local time,the map and game mode with your mech chassis. They can probability go through the day/night game logs and find your exact match and go from there..

#16 War Beast

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Support will never do anything to you regarding that situation.

#17 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

exploiting game mechanics to avoid a legit report

reparted!

repurted!

deported!

nah jk

#18 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

View Postadamts01, on 02 October 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

That's a terrible argument. They aren't intended to be tools for suicide. Override is a risk/reward mechanic and it's either "out of bounds" or a silly wall around every map. Neither of those is a problem unless abused, and there's a report system if they are abused, which worked as intended for OP. I don't see an issue with either.

I don't say they are tools only for suicide...
But if PGI didn't change override mode into a toggle mode and if it was invisible walls around maps well suicide won't be possible legit or not legit.

You know 2 days ago i was doomed into a sniper build against a srms light drived by a famous pilot i did attract him in out of bounds zone, he did legged me into then we both died by "suicide" coze of out of bound.
If you think yea i did suicide my legged mech but in fact i did took an healty ennemy mech with me...

Out of bound is a tool ... not a suicide tool, not only...
Same with override you can shoot and maybe kill a guy instead overheat and be killed... if you good enought you disengage override just after and you alive.

Suicide Abuse
Some players repeatedly find ways to destroy their ‘Mechs as quickly as possible. This behaviour denies an otherwise healthy team of an active member, and leads to an imbalanced battlefield. Willfully or repeatedly self-destructing your ‘Mech, either by overheating, going out-of-bounds, or committing some other form of suicide or otherwise intending to cause abnormally early death, is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

Isn't a terrible argument because i did answer to your terrible statement about >>>

You technically broke the rules, I'm sure it was the enemy team that was butthurt they didn't get the kill.

He didn't broke anything about rules ( read above ) he got kill, damage and he was last to die.
How he can denie his team a healty 12 mechs?

They were butthurt? They may aim better and kill faster pretty sure they were 10 firing at him.
People like this report when they don't get the kill and this is an abuse.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 02 October 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#19 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:48 PM

What can I say? Lowlifes will always be lowlifes, and this game is full of them.

Just enjoy playing the game as you are doing now. You will be fine.

#20 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

Don't worry. If suicide rules would work the way, they told you, this game wouldn't be even possible, as any attack on enemy players would be considered suicide. At the end of the match another rule works instead - it's forbidden to drag out the match and running the time out via avoiding engagement, if it doesn't lead to your victory (i.e. if you won't win via capping or having more 'Mechs alive, than enemies). So, you are the one of those players, who did everything absolutely right. We don't need survival squirrels in this game.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users