Time To Take Away The Option To Choose Regional Servers

83 replies to this topic

#81 l3elthaz0r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

How much of this has got to do with the servers as opposed to the ISPs? When OP says PGI needs to fix it, what exactly does that mean? Not sarcastic or rude, just genuinely curious as to what ppl think PGI can do about this.

#82 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

Little hint, if there would be real issues both clients would have them. Those damn foreigners dont make you play worse by using the ominous cheat of higher ping where they themselves dont have any issues. Especially here where most data is server based.

Edited by Kotzi, 13 October 2016 - 10:34 PM.

#83 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:19 PM

I have both EU and NA servers selected, to reduce waiting time. I see EU and NA players on both (and Oceanic players too, 300+ ping), and never had any problem hitting those from another region (including the 300+ ping ones), even though i'm terribad at the game. I won't blame the ping, it's all my fault (well, i blame the game, Russ, and Paul quite often... Sorry, can't help it).

It look like the problem described by OP has definitely nothing to do with location of servers, players, and more with a location situated between the keyboard and chair (and also between Russ desk and chair, and between Paul desk and chair, of course!).

#84 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:01 AM

Im in Australia and I have OC and NA servers selected
If I only have OC, it can be a bit of a wait for a game, and most of the people I like to play with are in NA anyway. I'd have EU selected too if the ping wasn't so bad from here.

OC = 120ms
NA = 250ms
EU = 400ms

While I occasionally get hitreg issues, most of the time I have no problems at all hitting the target, with lights being the only real issue.

I'd guess the problem for the OP is, as others have already stated, packet loss on his end.
Your ping can make a difference, definitely, but quality of connection is a much bigger culprit than many realise. I've seen people complaining about hitreg issues with <100ms ping, and yet I'll have no trouble in the same game sitting on ~250ms.

Some ISP's are better than others. Ping is not the only thing you should look for, and in fact might be misleading as to how good your real connection actually is. I'm with iiNet and have no problem, but someone up the road might have Telstra and have nothing but problems, even if the ping is similar.

Edited by BumbleBee, 14 October 2016 - 04:00 AM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users