So, Is The Pts Dead?

34 replies to this topic

#1 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

No updates, pinged Russ via Twitter, no response...

So, i guess this is postponed until the end of times?

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:37 AM

View PostGattsus, on 14 October 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

We can only hope!

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

Is Paul back? Was told few weeks ago he was out. Maybe he took a month off. I don't think k anyone else gets to play with Paul's baby :P

#4 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 14 October 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Is Paul back? Was told few weeks ago he was out. Maybe he took a month off. I don't think k anyone else gets to play with Paul's baby :P

If that's the case, and we haven't been getting any updates because Paul went on vacation or something, then PGI really dropped the communication ball by not telling us anything.

I think half the reason it has become a madhouse in this section of the forums is because we've gone nearly a month with no news at all; except for some thinly veiled remarks from Russ that they're prepping for a "Live Server PTS Event" on his twitter. Seriously, some of the arguments around here aren't even really PTS related, but are "my suggestions are better than yours" when we don't even know what PGI will or won't be doing . . . or even what their overall game-plan and objectives have been.

Every time PGI fails to communicate things like this to the community; and then they wonder why almost no one in the community, who's been around and active for more than a year or two, has next to zero faith in PGI.

#5 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, some sort of announcement would be helpful. I've been putting off my mech/weapon/module purchases for a while now, waiting for all this rebalancing thing to settle. It would be nice to know which direction it is headed in, at least.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

Can we all just accept that its not going to work and just keep playing the game that we have already bought into? Seriously.. lets get some new content, not random restriction mechanics.

#7 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:35 AM

There is nothing "random" about these restriction mechanics. There are reasons behind why this mechanic is being tested right now. This is all happening because there are players that have wanted this to happen all along. To say that something will "not work" by itself Is not even an informative message to spread. It's an opinion without any kind of basis.

Edited by Livaria, 16 October 2016 - 01:39 AM.

#8 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:33 PM

For anyone on either side of the Energy Draw debate . . . from Twitter (of course).

From Sable on Twitter:

@russ_bullock So whats the deal with Energy Draw? No new builds lately and no news if you guys liked it. I had good feelings about it.

Russ on Twitter:

@MWO_Sable will discuss that in post fairly soon - before the end of October

Like usual . . . really f'n annoying and ridiculous that we need to get our news from Twitter instead of PGI using its own forums for its own game.

#9 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:07 PM

I hope it is dead, along with the stupid ideas it promotes

#10 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:10 PM

View PostSereglach, on 16 October 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

For anyone on either side of the Energy Draw debate . . . from Twitter (of course).

The wording is interesting here - "will discuss that in post" instead of something like "will announce the next step in the News section". I guess ED may not be moving along as nicely as they expected...

#11 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

ED, well, it's over:(

#12 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

I am not sure what they were hoping with the ED mechanic that could not have been performed using straight heat. That said when it was introduced I think it nerfed something such as ballistics and allowed people to use PPC more easily and so it kind of changed the dynamic and then they went all out messing with it to such an extent it seemed to me no better a mechanic and in many ways took away one of the reason for ED in the first place that of simplicity

What has been a shame is that the lack of communication on the issue ihas been disappointing and the reality is it feels like PGI does not know what to do about the game. This is just a symptom of company being too focused on the wrong thing. Like most people I'd like soem new maps new game modes and some done about FW to make it appealing or PvE, then there is new techonology as well but I digress into rant mode

#13 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostGattsus, on 14 October 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

No updates, pinged Russ via Twitter, no response...

No I think he just muted everybody.

#14 ShaneoftheDead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:14 PM

Energy Draw is dead, hopefully. It was a poor attempt at solving the many imbalances that were designed into the game.

#15 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

Get a group of people on the PTS and test the values, People already tested the heck out of the lastest PTS4. Obviously some people do not visit the appropriate forums.

The mechanic of ED already is superior to GH, becuase it catches the loopholes that GH allowed, and that is fact.

everything else that has to do with anything other than adressing high rates of fire or high alpha's is not what ED is attempting to address.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 October 2016 - 04:13 PM.

#16 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

I do want some change and new system.
Just not the ED lacking sense as it does. :(

#17 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:19 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 16 October 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

I hope it is dead, along with the stupid ideas it promotes

post like these are the reason why ED is still around. It doesn't give anyone any idea about how ED works, it is just a statement. My advise is to look at the videos made on the current PTS and see if the mechanic adresses the flaws of GH. which it does, but anyone can see for themselves. It's as obvious as the fact of gravity, and anyone denying it at this point is either being disingenuous, or too biased to count themselves as a valid reference.

That is why for all the people around here making simple statements like this are not making any impact on the merits of whether ED is staying or not. We don't need unsupported opinions, rather empirical facts on the test server which they have already gathered enough to make conclusions. of course they still need to tweak the penalty ed gives for the overdraw but that is simple enough.

View PostKuaron, on 22 October 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

I do want some change and new system.
Just not the ED lacking sense as it does. Posted Image

what sense it is lacking? how is even a statement that explains anything?

#18 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

what sense it is lacking? how is even a statement that explains anything?

Because it has been explaines several times already in this subforum.

"Sense" in the sense of interpretation.
In addition ED has a boating problem, but this is something one can correct when one has a senseful basic system.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostKuaron, on 22 October 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Because it has been explaines several times already in this subforum.

"Sense" in the sense of interpretation.
In addition ED has a boating problem, but this is something one can correct when one has a senseful basic system.

and where is the evidence that ED has a boating problem?

I have seen people stacking weapons on mechs but that said nothing about their effectiveness

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 October 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#20 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:32 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...gy+draw+boating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users