#21 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 October 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

If it can't bring at least 500 damage worth per match, it is useless to me and useless to the team.

So, no, try again.

He is probably going to say something about how if you are accurate enough you don't need to do that much damage in a match. Just get ready for that.

#22 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 October 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

He is probably going to say something about how if you are accurate enough you don't need to do that much damage in a match. Just get ready for that.

It would not surprise me one bit. And then he's going to tell me how awesome he is at Lynx and I need to git gud and it will push me over my humor quota for the day.

#23 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 October 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

It would not surprise me one bit. And then he's going to tell me how awesome he is at Lynx and I need to git gud and it will push me over my humor quota for the day.

Yeah... 500 is a bit low for me. I don't like bringing less than 700 damage worth of ammo. If possible. Unless I have a ton of energy backups.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 October 2016 - 03:27 PM.

#24 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:30 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 October 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Yeah... 500 is a bit low for me. I don't like bringing less than 700 damage worth of ammo. If possible. Unless I have a ton of energy backups.

Yeah, it's low for me, too, but that's the bottom end I'm willing to tolerate on a 'Mech wholly dependent on ammo. 500 damage is good for 3-4 kills with precision shooting and good timing.

You have to practically run without armor to bring more than 374 damage worth of ammo using the cUAC/2 on the Lynx, and to just get that requires more armor stripping than I already do to fit the cSRM4s and cSPL. I could bring a single cERML, but that's just a laughable build on an already laughable 'Mech.

#25 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

Actually, I was going to say Accuracy actually does matter, since it's where your damage goes, not how much you do after a certain point. I however actually don't pilot a Mist Lynx, but I am fair decent with Autocannons and Precise shots.

Quad UAC/10 Kodiaks, despite being meta, still suck balls if you can't aim worth **** (whether due to lack of piloting skill or being knocked around), regardless of how much ammo you bring. And that's been proven several times in the Regional finals.

#26 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 October 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostArkhangel, on 17 October 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Actually, I was going to say Accuracy actually does matter, since it's where your damage goes, not how much you do after a certain point.

Mhm, I see...

#27 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

Actually, I was going to say Accuracy actually does matter, since it's where your damage goes, not how much you do after a certain point. I however actually don't pilot a Mist Lynx, but I am fair decent with Autocannons and Precise shots.

Quad UAC/10 Kodiaks, despite being meta, still suck balls if you can't aim worth **** (whether due to lack of piloting skill or being knocked around), regardless of how much ammo you bring. And that's been proven several times in the Regional finals.

Even assuming 75% accuracy with a non-laser based weapon system, which is better than the vast majority of people out here, 500 damage worth of ammo is only 375 damage. Which if you average 150 damage per kill, is enough to kill two mechs and badly damage a third.

With 374 damage worth crammed into the mech (which is about all you can fit in it), that is only about 280 damage, which might nab you two kills worth. Maybe. Except in an MLX, you'll be moving way too much to maintain a 75% accuracy rating. You'd be lucky to maintain a 60% accuracy rating, actually.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 October 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#28 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 680 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

As long as the enemy team gets dead. Personally I hate to bring in less than 500 damage for my Hunchback IIC. And just because you get a ton of damage doesn't mean you'll get a ton of kills. If someone finishes off what I'm shooting out then good for them. One less enemy to worry about.

#29 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

Mist Lynx had it's jam reduction buffed? Do people seriously run around with UACs on this thing?

#30 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

Everything looks good in this patch, EXCEPT those quirk changes seem pointless. Why nerf the Jagermech and Warhawk? Seriously neither of these mechs are even close to OP.

#31 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

Well, I play the Lynx a lot, almost exclusively the last three weeks. Even with precision, there is only so much you can do with 300 damage worth of ammo (I would never run 374, knowing what I know about Mist Lynx durability). Just blowing through the rear of a Kodiak is going to consume about a quarter of it, and forget trying to chew through the front, and that is assuming I am 100% accurate, which I won't be because I have to stay mobile at all times. So, a UAC Mist Lynx is a total non-starter. I need to be able to carry hard in my Lights because you never know what the Matchmaker is going to give you.

What PGI should be doing for the MLX is:

A.) Giving all of the arm pods at least a +8 armor quirk per side, because the arms are huge and fragile and contain all of the weapons. I would actually suggest they go to +12 or +16, though, since +8 would be token.

B.) Giving all of the variants a speed quirk like the Summoner has, at least 5% but preferably more like 10-15%. It's nice and agile now, but it's still so slow that calculating deflection for one of those big 50-point KDK volleys at 500+ meters isn't that difficult, which is bloody murder for a squishy 25 ton Light that relies entirely on evasion to stay alive and has to expose for long durations to nibble opponents to death.

C.) Unlocking the Clan Active Probe. They unlocked the Flamer on the Adder and it completely transformed the 'Mech. Similar would happen if they unlocked the Clan Active Probe. I could run another ton of ammo for anything without having to strip armor, I could get another heat-sink in, etc.

D.) Releasing the F pods. Then it can carry a potent all-energy payload of seven cERSL or six cSPL and not be reliant on ammo at all (though I think the brawl Lynx with a mix of cSPL and cSRMs will still be better for heat reasons).

E.) Somewhat optional, but a 15-20% duration reduction on ER lasers would also be transformative for this 'Mech.

Believe me when I say there is zero danger of the Mist Lynx becoming too good even with all of these changes implemented in their strongest form.

View PostKael Posavatz, on 17 October 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

Mist Lynx had it's jam reduction buffed? Do people seriously run around with UACs on this thing?

Only when trolling.

#32 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hope this gets rid of the stuttering planet
Faction Play: Improved the animation of the spinning Planet while waiting for a Match.

looking forward the the speed up of 'connecting' at client start and returning from match ... seemed to be getting closer to 1min or so for me ...

I am disappointed that the invite to group (think it was for both qp and fp groups) causes all ready to become unready bug will be there still ... unless the fix did not make it into the notes or is this a working as intended feature?

#33 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:36 PM

The system that manages communication between the MechWarrior Online servers and your MechWarrior Online client has undergone an extensive technical overhaul in this patch.

I look forward to experience these optimizations.

As long as I have played it has felt that everytime you enter a fight, or return into mechlab, it feels like opening a 100 MB database with some 386 era computer which only has 4 MB of ram.

I don't have high expectations but any improvement is good improvement.

#34 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:52 PM

Now I want to run a Myst Lynx... Just to piss-off the world around me.

... okay, the feeling passed.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 17 October 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#35 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:25 PM

BJ with ssrm2 quirks lol good luck with that build.

#36 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:33 PM

• MechLab: Fixed an issue where AMS wasn't counting toward the 16-weapon limit.

You're kidding me, right? Why ever should AMS count towards being a weapon, with its limited scope of operation that is completely not offense based?

#37 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

Omg... now I can put some UACs on my mist lynx and wreck face with them.

:|

not.

Can anybody shed some light on what is going through the mind of the balance overlord when he/she thinks of buffing UAC jam chance on a mist lynx, instead of doing something to the long forgotten machine guns?

That aside, great job on Social window and connection time fixes.

Edited by Navid A1, 17 October 2016 - 05:55 PM.

#38 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

Machine Gun buffs for the Mist Lynx will be announced at MechCon... 2021.

#39 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Fun fact - I used to have an old gaming magazine that contained a module for Battletech. It was a Halloween module, with a centerpiece featuring a heavily damaged Battlemech (and its cohorts) which would power up and attack the players - with their dead and decaying pilots still visible inside it's shattered cockpit. Turns out they were all wired into an experimental combat computer that went crazy.

Never got to run that module, but I did run a MegaTraveler adventure from it featuring a rare teleporting predator at a remote terraforming test lab on an inhospitable planet. I wasn't a very good GM, but my players still remember how scared they were - let's just say that having them roll the dice every time they opened a door or looked down a hallway jacked up the tension. I used one of those 90s synth music generation programs on a preset including a steady, low beat, too. I'm a bad person.

#40 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 October 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Mhm, I see...

You, sir, are a seer.

And yeah, looking at the Mist Lynx there's just no way that it's effective with a UAC. You'd have to be an aimbot to do enough damage to really justify taking it over any alternative, including another Mist Lynx build.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users