77 replies to this topic

#41 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:15 AM

They hired someone new that's how we got the new map.
And it's epic and now my new favorite.
Russ was on vacation.

#42 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:20 PM

Yea, its much better looking than the original.

BUT

Its worse than the original too.

Every match (pug, domination) I've played in the last 3 days, my team just hunkers down in a spot between G6 and G8 an just sit and die.

Its depressing.

Add this to all the same ol same ol builds, and its a wonder why people play now.

Apart from to prove how good they are with the common builds.

There's no Variety.

I just hope people actually get outta the mindset of "go here, hunker down, get greased" and actually try and flank or come in from a different direction for a change.

#43 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:34 AM

i really like the new therma. lots of paths like a hot version of grim plexus but more brawlish despite a bit too much JJ dependant.

but i do really like it as much as i hate polar scrublands

#44 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:18 AM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 18 October 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

therma is also lrm heaven and i am not enthralled with it.

You guys will have to learn to deal with LRMs on at least one map, eventhough this is watered down MechWarrior combat.

#45 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostStone Wall, on 22 October 2016 - 05:18 AM, said:

You guys will have to learn to deal with LRMs on at least one map, eventhough this is watered down MechWarrior combat.

Two maps, now.

Though I can't say I've had a problem with LRMs on the new Terra Therma. It's the poptarts that are a larger pain in the backside.

#46 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

anyone else have problems with the new Terra therma heat?

the lava seems way hotter then it used to be

I burn down two Mechs from the lava and one of them I got no over heat warning

I started thinking about the heat capability of carbon-carbon and what the 31 century equivalent would be

#47 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

The lava is way hotter, in my experience. It'll do some serious damage to your legs.

#48 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostDigous, on 18 October 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

EPIC!!!

Frantic pace and chaotic war scenes!!!!!

Great to see a nice new map after the kingdom of bore called polar highLRMnds!!

It looks good the graphic designers did a good job here. Looks a little like a Doom level.
However sadly like 90% of the map is wasted space because the fight always happens at the same spot.

#49 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

All I can say is I'm sick of it.5 games tonight and had it 3 times.It's not as bad as old therma but come on guys 3 out of 5 just no.

Edited by Charronn, 22 October 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#50 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostCharronn, on 22 October 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

All I can say is I'm sick of it.5 games tonight and had it 3 times.It's not as bad as old therma but come on guys 3 out of 5 just no.

So you prefer the usual of it being only Canyon and HPG?

Posted Image

#51 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

actually the best of all the map redo-s. Looks good, layout is nice, every weapon is useable, and performance wasn't boned.

Sounds like we need a re-do of the other redos...

Also, DOF needs to be a thing on all the maps... it's great

#52 Heavenward

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

Personally i'd like to play it more before i can come to a good conclusion, however no-one seems to vote for it so i have to play to get a vote multiplier to force game play on the damn map!

#53 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

Certainly is nice for a Locust... Posted Image

#54 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:59 PM

I like the look of it but that E7 area is like a trap area for noobs. I think it is actually worse than the caldera for some folks as they think they are doing good in that area.

I've had a lot of fun on it in a light though flanking hard and pulling heavier things out of the fight.

#55 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:21 PM

the new TT is great but domination on it is totaly unbalanced, 1 team can fan out and form a good fireing line the other is funneled to a narrow gap into that firing line without enough cover to spread out and form a firing line them selves.. and if u go around to try and flank the part of your team that went for the cap zone will be dead before you get to the fight..
if by some miracle u convince your team to not go thru the bottle neck and try to flank, the enemy will be able to run out the domination timer before u can push thru...

View PostBarantor, on 22 October 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

I like the look of it but that E7 area is like a trap area for noobs. I think it is actually worse than the caldera for some folks as they think they are doing good in that area.

I've had a lot of fun on it in a light though flanking hard and pulling heavier things out of the fight.

the problem is that in domination you are forced to go thru the E7 to get there in time and get massacerd..

#56 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostL3mming2, on 22 October 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

the problem is that in domination you are forced to go thru the E7 to get there in time and get massacerd..

A light can come up and hold it in cover while the others go around the other way.

I've often been that light who puts his toe into the circle and told the others to go the other way round only to have them follow me into that bottleneck.

The bottleneck when approached from the south side doesn't provide as much cover as the north end and you end up so clustered together that it is easy pickins.

#57 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

This map is great but I liked the old terra therma as well there is a flaw in the new map on it is to easy to capture the enemy base it really needs some base defense so whichever side needs to rush back to defend has time one drop it took the opposing team less than 2 minutes to cap our base just after we left for a center position this needs to be fixed.

Also I don't get PGI they have so many map variations they could rename the older maps and put them back into rotation for more game variations like make the old terra therma (Terra Thema Highlands) ect.

Plus PGI needs to dump the bad map vote system/mini game and go back to a standard map rotation system before we lose more players.

And possibly give us some new game modes and make them random choice as well.

P.S a stock mode for solo MM would be great what happened to our good check box options system?
I don't know who is running the mess on map and game mode development but they need a PINK SLIP QUICK.

Edited by KahnWongFuChung, 22 October 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#58 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostBarantor, on 22 October 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

A light can come up and hold it in cover while the others go around the other way.

I've often been that light who puts his toe into the circle and told the others to go the other way round only to have them follow me into that bottleneck.

The bottleneck when approached from the south side doesn't provide as much cover as the north end and you end up so clustered together that it is easy pickins.

i'm not saying a good organised team with strategy cant overcome the disadvantage of spawning on the south side. but the fact u need a team thats organised to stand a chance against the other team that just have to rush to the green circle makes this map compleetly unbalanced in domination pug maches..

#59 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:30 PM

stupid game has me looking up the temps for lava and high temp alloys

inconal 751 melting point

2540 f to 2600 f
http://www.specialme...alloy%20751.pdf

Lava

Here is a list of temperatures for the common types of lava: Rock type Temperature (C) Temperature (F) Rhyolite 700-900 1292-1652 Dacite 800-1100 1472-2012 Andesite 950-1200 1742-2192 Basalt 1000-1250 1832-2282
so for Mechs to be melting down in this 31 or 33rd century game is crazy

Edited by Davegt27, 22 October 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#60 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:42 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 22 October 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

stupid game has me looking up the temps for lava and high temp alloys

inconal 751 melting point

2540 f to 2600 f
http://www.specialme...alloy%20751.pdf

Lava

Here is a list of temperatures for the common types of lava: Rock type Temperature (C) Temperature (F) Rhyolite 700-900 1292-1652 Dacite 800-1100 1472-2012 Andesite 950-1200 1742-2192 Basalt 1000-1250 1832-2282
so for Mechs to be melting down in this 31 or 33rd century game is crazy

while the chassy of your car might not melt at 900°C im pretty sure heating the car up to 900°C will destroy it...

the same might be said for the mechs internals of the legs...

on top of that wile the mettal in your link douse not melt at 900°C it douse lose a lot of its strengt at that T°
it will deforme easly ..

Edited by L3mming2, 23 October 2016 - 01:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users