• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 21 October 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

You get a hanging item with the emblem of a unit of your choice (finalists, see store page). Not a decal. Plus new warhorn, plus new standing item, plus 7 days premium time.

I bought one, standing item is nice, warhorn looks nice and got a nice animation (but I personally don't like the sound), haning item is looking good (the logo of the unit I chose is high quality too) and premium time is always useful. Do recommend. I mean it's the first tournament in MWO and I sunk so many hours into this game not one other game I ever played gets even close. For me worth to support the tournamenteers and PGI. Hands down. Where I live this is not even the value of one working hour.

could be better to be honest. last supportive pack gave some interesting bonuses.

Maybe it was just expectations were high after that interaction on outreach, and maybe it was setting hopes too high. probably both.

Edited by Scout Derek, 21 October 2016 - 10:30 AM.

#22 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 21 October 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

I know and I bought that too. Back then actually only for the bonuses. This one I bought just for giving some support. As I said, not one full hour at work. But of course I would have liked additional stuff too. Anyway, I actually didn't expect them to pull of this one and I have to agree with everyone who can see through it to realize it's actually a nice move from PGI. Adding even more content to it would just give the wrong impression and more ammunition to the doomsayers.

>ammunition to the doomslayers.

that was a very dark analogy at the end.

It's both a good and bad deal in my eyes.

Just.... was expecting something of equivalent value as to the last one you know?

I won't buy it, I'd like to hear what it sounds like first. Pyramid warhorn was kind of odd, but the. again, just my taste and preferance.

Now, if there were a WC skin that, would be cool. maybe make it a limited time thing too.

#23 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 October 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

*claps*

smart move PGI. you have earned some respect from the community Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by AphexTwin11, 21 October 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#24 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:00 AM

You know, i would have gladly payed 10$ if you actually did some coverage on the tournament. You know. Actually do something. Bandit and Mdm have been heart and sould of this tournament. If it wasn't for them, this would have been a huge bust.

You could have done some interviews with top players. Just sent them some questions to answer, i'm sure most of them would have gladly done this. Post replays of good matches in a prominent spot. Let someone do a recap of exciting matches and so on. Update the tournament page in a timely manner

Have Tina show up in one of those goddamn casts. Just show that you care for it one little bit.

Things like those would have literally costed you like 15-30minutes of one person per day. top. Pretty sure Bandit and Mdm would have minimized your working time by suggesting spectacular matches to chose, since they casted them anyway.

It would have been so little work to do better promotion and coverage for the biggest tournament this game has ever seen. So little to do, yet you have done NOTHING.

Even though i didn't participate and i am by no means a comp player (i'm a filthy casual to be exact), i do approve this tournament. Though I don't think MWO is suited to be an esport title i enjoyed watching the matches. but as someone who follows the esport scene of other games, it just makes my heart bleed to see how little effort you put in coverage and promotion.

Given how much time the players invested to make this work, i don't think like half an hour per day of your time for coverage and promotion was too much to ask for.

#25 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

View PostAphexTwin11, on 21 October 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

I could have sworn I edited that. oh well. edited now.

#26 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

If the horn sounded amazing... yeah maybe I'd buy the pack...I certainly don't need 7 days of premium time though. But after the disappointment of the silver gatling warhorn... I'd wanna hear it first.

#27 Gangben

• PipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

You´re kidding, right? "wp PGI"

#28 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

You get a hanging item with the emblem of a unit of your choice (finalists, see store page). Not a decal. Plus new warhorn, plus new standing item, plus 7 days premium time.

I bought one, standing item is nice, warhorn looks nice and got a nice animation (but I personally don't like the sound), haning item is looking good (the logo of the unit I chose is high quality too) and premium time is always useful. Do recommend. I mean it's the first tournament in MWO and I sunk so many hours into this game not one other game I ever played gets even close. For me worth to support the tournamenteers and PGI. Hands down. Where I live this is not even the value of one working hour.

Any chance you could do PGI's job for them and post the warhorn sound?
Soundcloud, dropbox, etc...?

#29 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

I am teetering on this. I really enjoyed watching the Regional Finals. I would have paid $10 just for that. However, I do not even equip warhorns and cockpit items so it comes down to the 7 day Premium time and just supporting the Tournament. Does the 7 day Premium start immediately upon injection or do you have the option of deciding when to start it? That might be the deciding factor to me. I do not have tons of banked Premium time like some folks and I do not Play hour upon hour day after day so activating time often results in much of it being wasted.

#30 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

Sorry I don't support cheaters, resolution exploiters, fire control exploiters, CAD program users and all around ******. Don't forget the douches that are forever spouting out "salty tears" or "git gud".....even though they are the ones that are solely dependent on meta-builds. And that these people who need to "git gud" make up about 80% of the player base and without them there is no game. I'm not trying to flame...I'm just telling it like it is.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 21 October 2016 - 12:31 PM.

#31 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

I bought the tournament supporter pack because the 10% bonus was for a long duration.

Not gonna spend $10 for 7 days of premium time and cockpit baubles.

#32 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

Thanks. I will think it about when the Halloween portion of the event starts then. I may play more then to get more grab bags.

#33 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

if it was some sort of cbill bonus and not just cosmetic stuff, I'd be okay with this and likely to have bought it.

#34 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

Can I get the Warhorn/standing item without carrying a logo of a team I don't care about?

#35 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 21 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Well, there is a new development guys...

Posted Image

I didn't check earlier but noticed when I wanted to change camo on one of my Mechs. So there IS actually a decal coming with the package. Don't know if this is actually intentional after all what was being said so far.

thanks for the update W E N, I'll update the other post I had going.

#36 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

Hey all,

The inclusion of Team Decals in the Regional Finalist Packs was unintentional. The Decals were intended strictly for release to the MWOWC Finalists alone, with each Decal only going to members of the associated Team.

We're going to be bringing the servers down for a maximum of 30 minutes, starting at 5PM PDT today, to remove the Decals from the Packs and to remove the injected Decals from non-MWOWC Finalist accounts.

As outlined on the Regional Finalist Pack page, the advertised contents do not include the Decal. Please do not make your buying decision based on receiving a Decal; it will be removed from any necessary accounts during the brief downtime later today.

#37 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 October 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Hey all,

The inclusion of Team Decals in the Regional Finalist Packs was unintentional. The Decals were intended strictly for release to the MWOWC Finalists alone, with each Decal only going to members of the associated Team.

We're going to be bringing the servers down for a maximum of 30 minutes, starting at 5PM PDT today, to remove the Decals from the Packs and to remove the injected Decals from non-MWOWC Finalist accounts.

As outlined on the Regional Finalist Pack page, the advertised contents do not include the Decal. Please do not make your buying decision based on receiving a Decal; it will be removed from any necessary accounts during the brief downtime later today.

well, poop.

Wanted to show some support for my oceanic buddies, The Wild Ones...

Edited by MovinTarget, 21 October 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#38 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

If I were so inclined, can I purchase more than one supporter pack?

For example, one Black Watch and one Wild Ones?

Can I purchase more than one supporter pack of the same team so that I can put the dangly bit in more than one 'mech?

#39 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 21 October 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

If I were so inclined, can I purchase more than one supporter pack?

For example, one Black Watch and one Wild Ones?

Can I purchase more than one supporter pack of the same team so that I can put the dangly bit in more than one 'mech?

t'would be nice to not have to choose...

#40 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 21 October 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

If I were so inclined, can I purchase more than one supporter pack? For example, one Black Watch and one Wild Ones? Can I purchase more than one supporter pack of the same team so that I can put the dangly bit in more than one 'mech?

No restrictions on owning multiples.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users