43 replies to this topic

#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

Can meet Can opener!! ><

GOD LRM 75 <- AKA SPIRIT PAIN(Edit: I'm going to put cooldown for CLRM20 and range for the CLRM20 and 15.)

All range all the time. Sit back and watch them melt!

Takes up to around 33% off mechs upon full volley!!!! Posted Image (ok maybe not that much. More like 11%)

Lots of long range weapons for helping those missiles hurt them severely!!

And a Masc so the 300STD engine can go 67.9 MPH. Just under the normal max speed of a KDK-X at full skills. AND +30% CBILLS!!!!!!

Plus the engine is el cheapo. Only costing around 1.8 mill so you can get this build faster. The only real cost is the weapons.

Posted Image
Posted Image
And it's pretty!

The only down side is it doesn't get those lovely surprise team kills...Posted Image Almost ruins it for me, but I think I will live!! *tears up*

Edited by Arugela, 23 October 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#2 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:06 PM

Now I must ask myself: do I am at your Left Torso and take out your launchers or you Right Torso and take out your ammo... oh, no CASE! Posted Image

#3 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

All Kodiaks have case built into all sections. It's not even an option in the equipment area because it is permanently part of the mech.

I could ammo splurge even up to my arms and it would never make a bit of difference!Posted Image

that is why they have XL engines too. The case protects it if I'm not mistake. No exploding body parts. I regularly loose my torso sections. then I face plant stuff!

I await the day my mech can physically shove smaller mechs.... Melee damage would be cool too.

Edited by Arugela, 22 October 2016 - 07:53 PM.

#4 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

I am surprised!

I didnt think it was possible to make a mech worse then your direwolves!

You managed to take all the advantages of being a kodiak, and threw them out the window!

Amazing! Absolutelly amazing!

#5 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 163 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

Yeah..yeah. Sinful to turn an assault into an LRM boat... against 'tradition'...'Lore'...etc. Oh yeah, LRM's are for lamers...
Thing is.. Mechwarrior tradition does include LRM's. Also, plenty players purchased the KDK package and aside from the 3 and maybe one other...they're having issues making them work well, including the SB. Skill...maybe...design...maybe..
Bottom line, they own it. It's a game. They choose to play an "LRM boat" (with good armor) not an assault (which would have remained in mothballs) . So they take an otherwise unused mech and turn it into an LRM boat which, it seems, does good damage, tenderizes the enemy, for the team- He chose to play an LRM boat irregardless of the chassis/Class- and it works. LRM boating once in a while can be a fun change of pace.

Bottom line: It works. In games, that outweighs the 'tradition/religion'.

Edited by Odd Thomas, 22 October 2016 - 07:38 PM.

#6 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

I don't own dire wolves. If I have one it is a trial mech.

and this is fun to play as a long range sniper LRM. I''ve enjoyed it and I get alot of damage no matter what. Fit's my play style and mood. Not to mention it's too hard to get good close range teamwork going in randoms so I like this better some times.

And the KDK-4 is an LRM boat. But I liked this one better.

It's also the first mech I've played that can get to LRM75 so far.

Edited by Arugela, 22 October 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#7 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostOdd Thomas, on 22 October 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

Yeah..yeah. Sinful to turn an assault into an LRM boat... against 'tradition'...'Lore'...etc. Oh yeah, LRM's are for lamers...
Thing is.. Mechwarrior tradition does include LRM's. Also, plenty player purchased the KDK package and aside from the 3 and maybe one other...they're having issues making them work well, including the SB. Skill...maybe...design...maybe..
Bottom line, they own it. It's a game. They choose to play an &quot;LRM boat&quot; (with good armor) not an assault (which would have remained in mothballs) . So they take an otherwise unused mech and turn it into an LRM boat which, it seems, does good damage, tenderizes the enemy, for the team- He chose to play an LRM boat irregardless of the chassis/Class- and it works. LRM boating once in a while can be a fun change of pace.

Bottom line: It works. In games, that outweighs the 'tradition/religion'.

Just wondering, did you take a look at the mech link arugela posted? A "yes" or "no" answer will suffice.

#8 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 163 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

Yes, and I would make changes (UAC, and more). doesn't change my point or his score.

#9 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

I went with the UAC2 for super low heat long range fire so I could keep fire after I finished burning through LRM heat at the end of my heat cycle. It helps as long range suppressive fire also. I usually leave my self a constant fire option when I make a build so I can still do something to the enemy. Physically or psychologically.

Like in my KDK-5 builds I like to have 4-5 SPL's in chain fire that can fire 24/7 for low DPS after I finish my burst damage. I just tend to forget that since I usually also use them as a burst damage option. Other times I usually do it with a ballistics gun so I remember to do it. 8)

I like combing burst with low DPS and many times long and short range for better heat. Works well for more busy KDK builds from what i've seen. It helps give versatility.

Edited by Arugela, 22 October 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#10 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:47 PM

View PostArugela, on 22 October 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

I don't own dire wolves. If I have one it is a trial mech.

and this is fun to play as a long range sniper LRM. I''ve enjoyed it and I get alot of damage no matter what. Fit's my play style and mood. Not to mention it's too hard to get good close range teamwork going in randoms so I like this better some times.

And the KDK-4 is an LRM boat. But I liked this one better.

It's also the first mech I've played that can get to LRM75 so far.

Ah your right; they were king crabs werent they?

View PostOdd Thomas, on 22 October 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

Yes, and I would make changes (UAC, and more). doesn't change my point or his score.

Ah I see, what was your point again? Could you explain it to me? You quoted me so I am guessing your point has something to do with my post.

#11 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 22 October 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Ah your right; they were king crabs werent they?

Ah I see, what was your point again? Could you explain it to me? You quoted me so I am guessing your point has something to do with my post.

Odd was clearly explaining to you that, contrary to the Holy rollers zealous religious Lore, one can use ANY mech that a players owns as he pleases - if it does the job well. He made it work to his abilities and it helped the team. Yes, his build had issues. But Odd's point about Assault/LRM's is perfectly valid with the SB.
If you're going to post criticism, at least be helpful...make suggestions.

Edited by Chill Bill, 22 October 2016 - 09:42 PM.

#12 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostChill Bill, on 22 October 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

Odd was clearly explaining to you that, contrary to the Holy rollers zealous religious Lore, one can use ANY mech that a players owns as he please - if it does the job well. He made it work to his abilities and it helped the team. Yes, his build had issues. But Odd's point about Assault/LRM's is perfectly valid with the SB.

Ah, did I say anything about LRMs in my post? Are you and Odd Thomas stating that LRMs might be bad weapons?

#13 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

Last try-

You actually said nothing of substance in your post. Only insult. No specifics, no constructive criticism. Nothing. Just insult.

The theme is OP's build of a primarily LRM based assault mech (although a far from optimal build) - but it worked. That is what Odd & I have been discussing in this thread.

You're original post, on the other hand, is just plain 'mean' without content.

The thread speaks for itself.

Edited by Chill Bill, 22 October 2016 - 09:35 PM.

#14 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostChill Bill, on 22 October 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Last try-

You actually said nothing of substance in your post. Only insult. No specifics, no constructive criticism. Nothing. Just insult.
His build is primarily LRM based and that is what people are discussing.
you're post, on the other hand, is just plain 'mean' without content.

Do you know how ghost heat works? Did you notice the STD 300 engine? Just wondering

#15 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

A pure Long ranged LRM doesn't need speed. And the STD300 is cheaper than a commando to buy... it's fun and it's effective. Plus lots of ammo and an STD is the only way to get maxed out LRM on this mech. Better to get a cheap engine for it.

Edited by Arugela, 22 October 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#16 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

I will give you credit, I laugh every time I see this now.

#17 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

It is an LRM boat on a cbil making machine. It's not a bad idea in general if you want money. It's cheap and it makes you money. That alone is a good angle. Posted Image

I haven't tried it but I have it paired with the KDK-4 and two myst links in a defensive lrm setup for literal defensive faction matches. That is why I gave it lots of long range guns and lots of ammo. It's also good for farming extra money. Win win potentially. With enough teamwork.

Edited by Arugela, 23 October 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#18 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

This post made my day especially lrm jesus or whatever religion Posted Image we talking about.

#19 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

Here is one more oriented towards faction play. Obviously it needs to stay at long range. and it could use needs targeting support.

KDK-SB LRM 60

Has better heat and all teal blue stuff coming out of it everywhere. Posted Image

Could be nice for getting those big special targets off the map during an enemy charge... Keep it at 600+ meters for max effectiveness.

Here is a similar KDK-4 version:

KDK-4 LRM 40+Artemis

Edited by Arugela, 23 October 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#20 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

This kinda works out as a LRM boat:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0202d23648ada56

can replace Gauss with lasers but lower mounts and less heat efficient. Masc gives it something most Assault LRM boats lack: the ability to reposition quickly. That's not only to evade enemy fire but also to adjust your angle. (TC4 replaces the Masc in smurfy. couldn't find masc there.)

Edited by Bluttrunken, 23 October 2016 - 02:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users