Standard And Collector Pack Question

11 replies to this topic

#1 Valtica

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:48 PM

Greetings im a new recruit to this game and so far im taken quite a liking to this game.

So far im already purchased the Marauder Standard Pack and pretty much liked it.

So my question is since i already purchased the standard pack can i still buy the collectors pack?
IF i can buy it then do i get the same mechs again + all the bonuses or just the additional bonus from standard to collectors pack?

IF i can buy it then does it still cost the same $40 or it will deducted accordingly since i already bought the standard pack for $20.

#2 ProfPyro

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:05 PM

You sure can! I think it's a good idea to wait so you can see if you like the chassis well enough to have a second of one variant. It can also give you an easy way to upsize to meet loyalty rewards requirements if they do it the same way this next year. Same story for hero/reinforcements addons.

#3 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:28 PM

View PostEinstZecksclaw, on 29 October 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

Greetings im a new recruit to this game and so far im taken quite a liking to this game.

So far im already purchased the Marauder Standard Pack and pretty much liked it.

So my question is since i already purchased the standard pack can i still buy the collectors pack?
IF i can buy it then do i get the same mechs again + all the bonuses or just the additional bonus from standard to collectors pack?

IF i can buy it then does it still cost the same $40 or it will deducted accordingly since i already bought the standard pack for $20.

If I understand your question correctly:

You can upgrade into the collector's pack (or any add-on, like it such as reinforcements package or hero package) as long as its still purchasable.
To do this:
1: you log into mwomercs.com (website)
2: then click the store button.
3: scroll down until you find the collection you want to buy (this being the marauder pack).
(you will notice since you already purchased the standard pack that it costs $0.)
4: scroll down until you see the upgrade option that you want. (For you, it should be "Upgrade into Collector's Pack" for $20).
(This should only provide you with MAD-3R(S) and its mech bay, along with another 30 days premium time, another badge and title, 2 more warhorns, 2 more hanging items and 2 more standing items)

As far as I know, you cannot purchase another Marauder Collection Pack, you can only upgrade what your missing. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong).

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:37 AM

I recommend you buy other standard packages instead of upgrading to collector status. Its the same cost and same premium time but you get mechs immediately and you save on mechbay expenditures.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:51 AM

if you buy the standard pack you can get the collectors pack for an extra £20, you get 1 extra Mech, which is the same as one of the other variants, except it has a special skin and 30% cbill bonus, as well as more premium time and cockpit items

I would not recommend the collectors pack, I instead recommend getting the standard pack with the Hero addon, you end up with 4 variants rather than 3 (with a duplicate of one) the only time I would recommend getting the "collectors pack" is if you love the "special" variant, in which case get the collectors pack for the "cbill bonus" version, extra premium time and cockpit items.

if in future you are looking to lock in the early adaptor rewards just buy the standard pack then upgrade later if you want to

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:39 AM

20 bucks for a hero 3R + 30 days of premium time.
I would think about that purchase.

I havn't bought any of the marauder packages (or any other package for that matter) but i did bought them for c-bills and the Bountyhunter for MC (@-30% off).

They are well worth the money but since you already own a 3R i don't know if you want to shell out another 20 bucks for the same mech (with b-bills boost).

I would very well advice you to look at other offers, more specific offers from clan'mechs and/or offers which opt you for early adoption rewards.
(you will get a different loyalty reward for owning a clan package, the Hellbringer HBR-F)

http://mwomercs.com/...ewards-program/

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 30 October 2016 - 03:39 AM.

#7 Valtica

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for the advice, judging from all the replies i concluded that it might be better to not purchasing the Collectors Pack instead it would be much better to buy another mechs standard pack or buy the Marauder Hero Add On. Am i right?

If that the case im gonna go for either Warhammer or Rifleman, and the assault mech steam sales is kinda tempting. But for the steam sales im gonna need to install the MWO steam version right?

Do you guys have any advice which one i should bought? Warhammer or Rifleman? or other mechs pack.
My playstyle is Mid range support and only brawl as last resort.
My weapon selection is PPC/ERPPC, AC5/UAC5, Large/Medium Laser as backup weapon.
Battlemech preference is Heavy or might be Assault.

#8 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:56 AM

View PostEinstZecksclaw, on 29 October 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

if you already have the standard pack, you can upgrade it for 20$ to the collector pack, you will NOT get the same mechs again. You become( S ) 3R version,
edit:buy the colector pack only if you play often the 3r, its the same as the C Bill boost version. if not, better buy the Warhammer, a really fine Mech
Edit2: WARHAMMER!! works good with 2 uac5´s and lpl or med pulse or standard medium lasers. You can equip a fine setup with standard engine 280 or 300. Have both Mechs and i love the whammi.
I am not exactly sure if you will get the other variants again because its a upgrade. Better buy for 20$ the whammi and if you like the Whammi and Marauder and you want C Bill boost, better buy the bounty hunter( has Jump jets) and the Black widow for C bill boost.

Edit 3: you will not get the same mechs again

Edited by Mighty Spike, 30 October 2016 - 04:21 AM.

#9 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:04 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 30 October 2016 - 03:56 AM, said:

if you already have the standard pack, you can upgrade it for 20$ to the collector pack, you will get the same mechs again+ the ( S ) 3R version, the 60 days premium time and the other things from the collectors pack. So, hope this answers your question.

Pretty darn sure that he will NOT get the same mechs again. If he upgrades from standard to collectors package, he will get the difference between the packs. Namely the 3R (S), 30 more days premium and a bit of cockpit bling bling, titles and badges.

View PostEinstZecksclaw, on 30 October 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice, judging from all the replies i concluded that it might be better to not purchasing the Collectors Pack instead it would be much better to buy another mechs standard pack or buy the Marauder Hero Add On. Am i right?

If that the case im gonna go for either Warhammer or Rifleman, and the assault mech steam sales is kinda tempting. But for the steam sales im gonna need to install the MWO steam version right?

Do you guys have any advice which one i should bought? Warhammer or Rifleman? or other mechs pack.
My weapon selection is PPC/ERPPC, AC5/UAC5, Large/Medium Laser as backup weapon.

Neither is bad, folks how are into riflemans keep telling me to check out the hero.
Warhammer are top tier, perfectely suited for what you want (ppc/ac/large+medium laser).
Honestly, warhammers got nerfed twice and are still the best heavies on IS side.

#10 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:07 AM

If you enjoy the Marauder go Warhammer, I have both

The MAD-3R is the only mech in my garage that is Mastered, the bounty hunter is good too

I'd go Warhammer, Bounty Hunter then Collectors

#11 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:19 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 30 October 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

Pretty darn sure that he will NOT get the same mechs again. If he upgrades from standard to collectors package, he will get the difference between the packs. Namely the 3R (S), 30 more days premium and a bit of cockpit bling bling, titles and badges.

Neither is bad, folks how are into riflemans keep telling me to check out the hero.
Warhammer are top tier, perfectely suited for what you want (ppc/ac/large+medium laser).
Honestly, warhammers got nerfed twice and are still the best heavies on IS side.

Yo, you are right. Edted my post

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:47 AM

based on what you have said and Mech quirks,
2 versions of the Warhammer can do 2 (U)AC5 + 2 (ER)PPC with max armor and adequate ammo, the RFL cannot 20 2&2 with enough ammo and full armor, however 3 varients of the RFL have both energy and balistic as opposed to 2 WHMs, in both cases one of the variants with Ballistic Hard points is the Hero version.

if you get the basic pack you will end up with 1 WHM able of mounting both AC5 and PPC as opposed to two if you get the RFL.

the decision is yours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users