174 replies to this topic

#161 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

View PostOdanan, on 04 November 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

Assassin! Now that's what i'm talking about!

The TT Gods are pleased: one more classic immortalized.
Posted Image
This is the last Battletech Introductory Box mech I wanted in this game (don't care much about the Dervish, Clint, Whitworth or the Hermes II).

Talking about classics, don't forget the Crusader, Wasp, Stinger and Valkyrie, PGI! Add the Charger and Excalibur, and pretty much everything IS up to the 3050s is covered.

I'm looking forward to pilot this mech!

Now you excuse me, I will start working on the repaint template.

Thank you for the pic Odanan. These are my first mechs from my first box and I lost them. Its nice to see them again :-).

#162 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 11 November 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

You've mistaken the Assassin for the Exterminator.

I wanted to say that, but I'm not a "Lore player", apparently.

#163 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:04 PM

So... Assassin... Poor mech. PGI take him his strong points, I mean stealth armor, an give ECM. Next thing is terrible weak possible firepower/useful speed ratio rating... And JJs, which also taking tonnage. This will be next Urbie. Mech-ghost-legend. Everybody know it, everybody hear about it, nobody really cares and legend says that someone play it.

There are three things that can keep this mech playable at MWO battlefield. Very good quirks, small size and a lot of additional armor Without it, I refund my preorder. So, few monts of waiting because of early adoper rewards, but I'll decide I want this mech or not day or two before it appears.

#164 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Sigh so tired of this. 1 variant of the assassin had stealth armor and it was a jihad Era variant. We are in 3054/3055 not 3073. It was the EXTERMINATOR that had the stealth armor in the old SLDF days. 65t heavy. Not 40t medium.

I'm hoping this thing is about the same height as the cicada, as it's got a bulky torso similar to the cicada. I've wanted a 40t humanoid for my drop deck for a while now, this thing should work nicely. Would have rather had the Clint but oh well. At least it wasn't the Vulcan. As for hard points 3 to 4 energy and 2 to 4 missile are plenty at 40t. As for JJ everyone cried about them forever on the cicada and now you are getting a mech with a great engine cap, ecm, jump jets and lots of torso(and even some head!) hard points.

I'm sure the quirks will be underwhelming. PGI is actively moving away from overquirked mechs. I'm sure it's not gonna be the next Kodiak 3 killer. It's a low end medium. But for me it fills a spot that I needed in my deck and maybe it will be a fun non meta (sacrilege I know non meta) mech to blast around in in qp matches.

#165 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

Dammit, I deleted my answer... So, I'll wrote it short. Thank you for answer, Sephrus. If you aks me, I know battletech only from MWO and Mechwarrior 4. I agree with you about Assassin. But still, it's only 40t mech, with 12 vs 12 matches and MWO balance, this mech will be just weak. Specially that quirks will be not so great like in Cicada. I think that PGI wants to prevent voices that they are doing P2W game. Still, it's amazing F2P game, I am shocked that there is no way to pay for win. Few things are important to have fun from playing, but not money.

Wait, am I wrote "money"...? Let's see standart pack: Kodiak - 3x XL400 Clan engine, 3x 100t mechs and module for 20$ and opposite to it, Assassin... 3x 40t mech with 280STD IS engine, without module... Something smells here strange for me :-) What's more: Kodiak will be around 19kk c-bills, Assassin around 5kk... Both for 20$... I am sure I am not paying for mech in real, but for the PGI employees payments ^_^

#166 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:26 AM

View PostCherry Garden full of Blue Roses, on 18 November 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

Dammit, I deleted my answer... So, I'll wrote it short. Thank you for answer, Sephrus. If you aks me, I know battletech only from MWO and Mechwarrior 4. I agree with you about Assassin. But still, it's only 40t mech, with 12 vs 12 matches and MWO balance, this mech will be just weak. Specially that quirks will be not so great like in Cicada. I think that PGI wants to prevent voices that they are doing P2W game. Still, it's amazing F2P game, I am shocked that there is no way to pay for win. Few things are important to have fun from playing, but not money.

Wait, am I wrote "money"...? Let's see standart pack: Kodiak - 3x XL400 Clan engine, 3x 100t mechs and module for 20$ and opposite to it, Assassin... 3x 40t mech with 280STD IS engine, without module... Something smells here strange for me :-) What's more: Kodiak will be around 19kk c-bills, Assassin around 5kk... Both for 20$... I am sure I am not paying for mech in real, but for the PGI employees payments Posted Image

Well ever since the new pack model of 1 mech with 3-6 variants+S its been that way - great value for assaults, good for heavies, not so much for mediums.... and if they ever had lights bad value.

Edit: Also much better value for prefit XL engine mechs. ;)

Edited by Aramuside, 19 November 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#167 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:21 AM

I get why some people would say "You get more value out of a KDK pack" etc... but I have the KDK pack and I never use the mechs. I get that KDK-3 was/is the super l33t death machine op/win bot, but honestly... I don't like Kodiaks.

If the Assassin, for all it's on paper limitations and possible flaws, delivers on a fast medium that can be a surprising IS clutch mech on par with maybe the Shadow Cat... I'm in. I know I can build a few fun builds that aren't limited to the "ML/MPL/SRM" spam doom sayers.

I'm just not in yet.

If the early adopter awards were worth while I'd be in now, but as it stands until I can see how limiting the field of view is1 I can wait and either hold out for C-Bills, or get in after I have seen the actual in game design.

While no light, it looks to play like one, which for a light pilot is more value than 100t of hanger clutter. If they dropped a Flea pack next month... money down, no fs given about "Value". Would I like to see it with more "Value" added2 due to the tonnage discrepancy, YES. But I'd rather just get a mech I want to play than pay a premium for something to take up space, and LORD knows we've not had a proper light, or lighter Med3 in a good while.

1Lore would lead me to believe the cockpit probably does not give a good field of view.
2Like the MAD-IIC with a free bonus mech for EA Award. Posted Image
3Huntsman looks like a mech I probably should have picked up... and for a fatbottom girl the Linebacker doesn't look too shabby either.

Edited by Blind Baku, 19 November 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#168 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:32 AM

View PostBlind Baku, on 19 November 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

I get why some people would say "You get more value out of a KDK pack" etc... but I have the KDK pack and I never use the mechs. I get that KDK-3 was/is the super l33t death machine op/win bot, but honestly... I don't like Kodiaks.

If the Assassin, for all it's on paper limitations and possible flaws, delivers on a fast medium that can be a surprising IS clutch mech on par with maybe the Shadow Cat... I'm in. I know I can build a few fun builds that aren't limited to the "ML/MPL/SRM" spam doom sayers.

I'm just not in yet.

If the early adopter awards were worth while I'd be in now, but as it stands until I can see how limiting the field of view is1 I can wait and either hold out for C-Bills, or get in after I have seen the actual in game design.

While no light, it looks to play like one, which for a light pilot is more value than 100t of hanger clutter. If they dropped a Flea pack next month... money down, no fs given about "Value". Would I like to see it with more "Value" added2 due to the tonnage discrepancy, YES. But I'd rather just get a mech I want to play than pay a premium for something to take up space, and LORD knows we've not had a proper light, or lighter Med3 in a good while.

1Lore would lead me to believe the cockpit probably does not give a good field of view.
2Like the MAD-IIC with a free bonus mech for EA Award. Posted Image
3Huntsman looks like a mech I probably should have picked up... and for a fatbottom girl the Linebacker doesn't look too shabby either.

I'm in the same boat as I only use mine in FW for tournaments but its not hard to work out why people say that. Just look at the c-bill cost of a Kodiak versus other mechs....

I got 7 Kodiaks for $70: 79,502,575 (KDL1-5) + a 30% version of a 16,015,225 Kodiak + a 7,500MC Spirit Bear + 4 modules & 6.5m c-bills.

I got 7 Vipers for $70: 48,604,995 (VPR Prime-D) + a 30% version of a 9,542,887 Viper + a 3,750 Medusa + 4 modules & 6.5m c-bills

I will probably get 7 Assassins for $70..... ok I'm too lazy to work this out but I get:

3 40 ton IS mechs with standard engines, no endo steel, no double heat sinks and no ferro fibrous.
1 40 ton IS mechs with standard engine, no endo steel, no double heat sinks and no ferro fibrous but with a 30% c-bill bonus
2 40 ton IS mechs with XL engines, endo steel and double heat sinks.
1 3,750 MC Dark Death
0 Modules
6.5m c-bills

Closest easy value for those std engine mechs are just 3.2m each aka the std engine Cicada's.
Not even remotely close in value per pack and that's from someone who buys them all. Posted Image

Edited by Aramuside, 20 November 2016 - 04:36 AM.

#169 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

Did they ever post the orthographic / blueprints?

#170 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

Not that I remember. A few weeks back they had an artist live on their TwitchTV channel streaming working on the weapon mounts. He showed off the model a good bit in there. You could go to their saved vids there and check it out.

#171 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostTorinZ, on 08 December 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Not that I remember. A few weeks back they had an artist live on their TwitchTV channel streaming working on the weapon mounts. He showed off the model a good bit in there. You could go to their saved vids there and check it out.

https://www.twitch.t...mes/v/101679236
Starts at ~10 min
Posted Image
The base arm mount looks goodish for arm mounts I guess, but the additional (below etc...) not as much. That shoulder mount... that looks about perfect.

That said not blue prints, but safe to guess they have yet to finalize the mech's actual shape so I would anticipate that to come, if they give one.

Edited by Blind Baku, 08 December 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#172 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

Thank you both!

#173 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

I started a tabletop campaign with a couple coworkers, and a Kuritan Assassin has emerged as something of a nemesis. I hacked together an image to further taunt them and figured I would share.
Posted Image

#174 MightyBolamite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

Sooooo...about the lore and blueprints...

#175 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Sooo, how's that Assassin countdown coming along... should have plenty of time on your hands since that skill tree is out the window.... just waiting fer some blueprints n' stuff... maybe some fluff... anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users