107 replies to this topic

#101 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 November 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

No jam chance changes to IS UAC/5 except quirk reductions in the previous patch. It gained a second of jam duration and 0.5 heat per round is all.

Yepp, if you extrapolate that 0.5 secs extra duration over time it corresponds to some 7% less average sustained DPS. Posted Image Since it's a poking mech having to hide 0.5 secs more while unjamming probably doesn't affect gameplay at all though.

Edited by Duke Nedo, 17 November 2016 - 06:31 AM.

#102 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:02 AM

View PostTarogato, on 12 November 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

I've updated the OP with more details on the results. Poll is closed for now, I may reopen at a later date pending more significant balance changes from PGI. I'll quote the new section below for posterity:

Thanks Tarogato. Your sheet does reflect how i pretty much see mechs in game. This is ignoring the fact that some of the classes that are high are because of 1 specific mech -- which we all can recognize. From a trending standpoint it makes me sad that the IS mechs are so constantly ranked worse and that the only thing that makes them better is over-the-top quirks.

Its about time that all clan mechs get a +cb and +gxp bonus for being in hardmode. :P

#103 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

I am curious to see how the Linebaker rating will evolve now that the mech is released. Expectations were bad...

#104 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:50 AM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 17 November 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

Yepp, if you extrapolate that 0.5 secs extra duration over time it corresponds to some 7% less average sustained DPS. Posted Image Since it's a poking mech having to hide 0.5 secs more while unjamming probably doesn't affect gameplay at all though.

That WHM isn't really poke, it's more push. That's why it has UAC/5 and not AC/5. I wouldn't say that jam hurts it too much, but the extra heat stacks really fast.

#105 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 November 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

That WHM isn't really poke, it's more push. That's why it has UAC/5 and not AC/5. I wouldn't say that jam hurts it too much, but the extra heat stacks really fast.

Yeah... its a 50% increase in heat. Pretty rough for builds mixing energy weapons with a couple UAC5s. Better double down and just go all dakka. Of course.. you need the hero Warhammer for that.

#106 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 November 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Yeah... its a 50% increase in heat. Pretty rough for builds mixing energy weapons with a couple UAC5s. Better double down and just go all dakka. Of course.. you need the hero Warhammer for that.

My 6x MedLas RFL-3N escapes, since the UAC and AC/5 are functionally interchangeable on it in terms of average DPS, so I just traded my surge ability for more DHS to compensate for the extra heat. Such a solid 'Mech...

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 17 November 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#107 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 November 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

My 6x MedLas RFL-3N escapes, since the UAC and AC/5 are functionally interchangeable on it in terms of average DPS, so I just traded my surge ability for more DHS to compensate for the extra heat. Such a solid 'Mech...

Yeah, I'm a little salty the WHM-6R got a heat nerf though. I loved that mech, but I think the STD engine version might be a little too hot now.. more testing is needed.

#108 Remillard

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

I find it amusing that all the mechs that I tend to like are solidly "average". I have Kodiaks but have never used them. Marauders, Stalkers, Hunchbacks... those I like.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users