#21 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 11 November 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Eh... the ACH has been handily out-performing other options - when was the last time you saw a Firestarter? Nerfing overperforming Lights is a reasonable first step to getting the comprehensive data sets needed to address larger issues.

I really, really doubt that the Cheeto has been out-performing mechs like the Griffin, Hunch IIC, Nova, Summoner, Timber Wolf, Night Gyr, Warhammer, Kodiak, Battlemaster, etc...

#22 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

In before "ZOMG KOD-3 IS DEAD GG PGI I WANT MY MONEY BACK". It's out performing ALL of the 100t mechs. Explained to you right there. Take off the tin foil hats and just accept that you can't keep quad UACing your way to 1k dmg games and not get the nerf bat. 🕶 deal with it.

#23 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 11 November 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

In before "ZOMG KOD-3 IS DEAD GG PGI I WANT MY MONEY BACK". It's out performing ALL of the 100t mechs.

Fixed.

#24 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

I was hoping for a review on the huntsman quirks. :(

I think the base variants should be by omnipod, the A for example only has three hardpoints and the quirks are hardly worth it.

The reinforcements and the PA are already incredibly stronk, and should be left alone.

#25 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 11 November 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

A total Clan nerf, as expected. A ton of time and effort wasted on building and leveling the now useless LPL and UAC builds. <redacted>

Disagreeing with a change is fine, but please make an effort to keep the content of your posts civil.

#26 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostTercieI, on 11 November 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

Overperforming lights? LOL. There are almost-performing lights and underperforming lights, there are no overperforming lights. The fact that the Firestarter is crap doesn't mean the ACH is any more than OK.

The ACH was a clear winner over even the Firestarter, which was previously the most powerful Light in the game. It's actually obsolesced that model in quick play. It doesn't make any sense to just let it sit there at the top unmolested - particularly if the problems for Lights lie at least in part with the tactics dictated by other aspects of the game.

#27 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

View PostTercieI, on 11 November 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

As I alluded to above, it feels like the wrong nerf. No KDK should have structure except the SB, but that torso pinch should be the &quot;extra nerf&quot; to the 3. I suspect it won't have much more effect than shifting more and more 3s to gauss/PPC because the UAC jam stuff is going to hurt dakka builds along with these changes.

Yeah, I never understood why they got structure buffs in the first place.

Ah well. Not something I can get worked up about; I'm sure it'll still be fine. I'd just have preferred a nerf that didn't make them less fun to pilot.

#28 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostWecx, on 11 November 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

LRM cooldown reduction? Too many of the older player-base are ruining this game because they can't aim anymore, i hope your happy that your LRM atlas just got a buff. You can continue to count me out of LRM and PPC sniping fest that is now MWO.

"Oh no, the literally worst weapons in the game got slightly buffed - what are we going to do?!"

#29 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostFupDup, on 11 November 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Fixed.

Touche sir, touche. I just didn't want go beyond PGI's own words, but I won't disagree with you.

#30 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 11 November 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

The ACH was a clear winner over even the Firestarter, which was previously the most powerful Light in the game. It's actually obsolesced that model in quick play. It doesn't make any sense to just let it sit there at the top unmolested - particularly if the problems for Lights lie at least in part with the tactics dictated by other aspects of the game.

Actually, the best non-Cheetah light was the Oxide, and arguably the Oxide was on-par with it or better at one point.

You're also forgetting that the Firestarter got massively nerfed in the rescale (substantial size increase) without any compensation.

Edited by FupDup, 11 November 2016 - 11:49 AM.

#31 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 11 November 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

&quot;Oh no, the literally worst weapons in the game got slightly buffed - what are we going to do?!&quot;

Tin foil hats time. It's a conspiracy by OLD PPL to ruins this guy's game. Trust me sonny, I'm old, I don't use LRMS, and I'm pretty sure I've spend my and your share of money trying to keep this game going.

#32 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 11 November 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

"Oh no, the literally worst weapons in the game got slightly buffed - what are we going to do?!"

The problem is this is a team game and most QP matches i play have guys in the back with LRMs asking for locks and PPC sniper tryhards trying to get behind them. With some KDK-3s sprinkled about waiting for you to turn a corner. While i sit around waiting in my brawl build for 8 minutes hoping i have the better snipers on my team.

Edited by Wecx, 11 November 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#33 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 November 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Ya know I'm normally right with you, but this isn't just about lights, it's lights in the game. Yes, the ACH is the strongest light; but it is at best on par with other mechs (and that's being generous). Lights as a class need significant work; none whatsoever need nerfing.

Ordinarily I prefer to nerf over performing mechs to counter power creep, but the light class... It's not power

Eh, it depends on what you're looking at. One of the major problems with Lights is that there isn't enough opportunity to use their speed and agility to attack larger enemies in the current environment - as well as the over-representation of damage as a reward metric. Those problems, and others, are much broader and difficult to tackle than one 'mech that's undeniably overperforming in its class - and if you fix them, the Arctic Cheetah will likely still be hands-down superior to all alternatives. Given its firepower, a slight nerf to agility or toughness (depending on what legs you were running) makes sense, no matter what's required of the class as a whole.

#34 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

KDK-3 nerf: good...though since people can't play without meta we'll see more 2 ERPPC 2 Gauss builds...then PGI will somehow nerf that...then meta users will whine...here's a thought...stop overusing those builds
Phoenix Hawk arm quirks: good and bad....good for armor...bad for structure...should have kept the structure as well..and no it wouldn't be OP ffs
Inner Sphere UAC/5 nerf: extremely bad..I mean just why?
Inner Sphere ER PPC buff: good
Clan LBX nerfs: why?
Clan Large Pulser Laser nerf: good...cmon a pulse laser isn't supposed to do a decent amount of damage 1k away from the target..the only reason I used LPL instead of ER LL was because the range was more than sufficient with the LPL
Still no Arm Structure Quirks for Viper: Is PGI even paying attention to the forums? We've been asking for these for 4 months now. Pay attention to everyone PGI. Not just a select few.
Letter and Number Decals: very good
Energy Draw still being worked on: very bad...PGI you can't just change fundamental game mechanics after 4-5 years...the majority of people do NOT want it. Pay attention. And just drop the stupid thing. It's too late for that type of change.

BTW the Linebacker quirks were already listed yesterday so why are they in the pdf?...especially if nothing changed?

#35 CoyoteBob

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostWecx, on 11 November 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

The problem is this is a team game and most QP matches i play have guys in the back with LRMs asking for locks and PPC sniper tryhards trying to get behind them. With some KDK-3s sprinkled about waiting for you to turn a corner. While i sit around waiting in my brawl build for 8 minutes hoping i have the better snipers on my team.

100% right. Some people should think about trying a rail-shooter.

#36 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 11 November 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

Not the point. The FS9 was already inferior before all lights got walloped with rescale and skill tree nerf. What's needed is not to bring the Cheetah down but to bring the others up.

#37 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

Thank you for fixing zoom. But there are a lot of bugs awaiting. Crashes that occuring when minor network problems exist are the first!

#38 Hadrogh

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

That Energy Torso with freaking 20 structure + Energy Hardpoint on the hero summoner is either a typo or a cashgrab.

#39 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:19 PM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 11 November 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

In before "ZOMG KOD-3 IS DEAD GG PGI I WANT MY MONEY BACK". It's out performing ALL of the 100t mechs. Explained to you right there. Take off the tin foil hats and just accept that you can't keep quad UACing your way to 1k dmg games and not get the nerf bat. ������ deal with it.

Indeed, the KDK-3 absolutely needed nerfs. There's no question whatsoever.

I know it's impossible (PGI never changes hardpoints after release), but I'd have actually really preferred they just un-inflate the ballistic hardpoints and just have 1B per ST. Should have just been one B per ST each.

#40 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

you removed the uac jam chance from the adder... are you that terrified of someone running the mobile UAC20 build that you felt the need to nerf the weapon twice and remove the quirk that gave it a chance in hell of being semi-viable...

I don't know that I want to play this game anymore....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users