#41 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:21 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 November 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Indeed, the KDK-3 absolutely needed nerfs. There's no question whatsoever.

I know it's impossible (PGI never changes hardpoints after release), but I'd have actually really preferred they just un-inflate the ballistic hardpoints and just have 1B per ST. Should have just been one B per ST each.

That sounds fine on paper, but in practice that does nothing about the 2 Gauss + 2 ERPeep "Pokebear" build (which is actually stronger than the DakkaBear).

Edited by FupDup, 11 November 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#42 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 11 November 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Disagreeing with a change is fine, but please make an effort to keep the content of your posts civil.

Sorry Alex. Didn't realize you were the one moderating this thread - you of all people don't deserve comments like that from me. My comment was obviously directed at those [you'll redact it anyway] who just wiped out 90% of the deck I've been building for the last year. 1083 hours on the Steam counter, 1083 f*cking hours spent building the wrong mechs and developing the wrong gameplay skills. Oh well, congratulations to all those IS whiners who've been crying about the need for Clan nerfs - you got your way, now you can gloat all you want. I'll just shut up for now - got more important things to do than post on the forums, like trying to salvage what's left of my deck.

#43 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Totally off topic but could Trebs be looked at again :D please? maybe a hugely needed CT quirk?....you know since it didnt get a rescale.

#44 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

Looks good all around. Changes are always welcome, and small nerf/buff should happen more often and be subject to be rerolled the month after. Commentary on any changes are great! So is having patch note early.

Love the formatting in the NEWS section http://mwomercs.com/...-1487-15nov2016

Not so great in all bright cyan here. great for title and special notes but when it comes to big chunk of words, i like white better than cyan.

#45 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 11 November 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Eh, it depends on what you're looking at. One of the major problems with Lights is that there isn't enough opportunity to use their speed and agility to attack larger enemies in the current environment - as well as the over-representation of damage as a reward metric. Those problems, and others, are much broader and difficult to tackle than one 'mech that's undeniably overperforming in its class - and if you fix them, the Arctic Cheetah will likely still be hands-down superior to all alternatives. Given its firepower, a slight nerf to agility or toughness (depending on what legs you were running) makes sense, no matter what's required of the class as a whole.

But the grand scheme of lights isn't changing.

If they were doing some class-wide change, then perhaps nerfing the ACH to prevent it's becoming OP would be advised. They aren't.

So you need to look at a given mech in the context of the whole game, not just other mechs of it's weight class. The FS9 was the most powerful Light for a time, but even then it was a poor choice of a mech to take overall. It got nerfed pretty severely by the rescale too, taking it down futher.

The ACH is better than the FS9, by a large margin now that the FS9 has grown so much. But whether you nerf it or not depends on how that mech compares to the baseline mech performance throughout the game.

After all, if the ACH, and FS9 didn't exist, would you argue the next best mech should be nerfed to bring it on par with the remaining even worse lights?

Game wide balance is more important than in-weight class balance, as weight classes aren't really a significant factor for anything. Matches rarely have many lights, because lights are so poor overall - to the point where having too many lights really tanks your odds of winning a match unless they're all ACH's, in which case it's not helping your team, but not substantially hurting it.

THAT is the clear indicator that no light should be nerfed, just the poor ones buffed.

#46 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 November 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yeah, not bad. I haven't read over the So8 quirks yet, mind you. I'm not a fan, but I appreciate that they're not intended as chassis wide balancing measures. Still, it bothers me that Omnimechs are encouraged to NOT swap pods, which makes them even less customizable. But, eh. Whatever.

I don't think its about encouraging them to *not* customize, but to prevent min/maxing omnipod hardpoints

#47 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 11 November 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Oh well, congratulations to all those IS whiners who've been crying about the need for Clan nerfs - you got your way, now you can gloat all you want.

To keep it honest, Clan Mechs are mostly better performing than the IS's - talking about CW here. So I welcome the changes and hope some of the "whiners" will return to fill the ques. Then we will see. LPL nerf sure hurts but, yay, brawling.
Still, I think some of the changes are off a bit, esp the UAC jam chance. PGI, UACs are not the problem, the Kodiak 3 is. As mentioned above, the KDK-3 (dual PPC and Gauss) will continue to be OP.

#48 Yuri Kovalesky

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKentaris IV

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:36 PM

Lets see how many broken fix we find in this note:
Clan UAC
• Jam Chance increased to 17% (from 15%)

SINCE WHEN UAC JAM CHANCE IS 17%?
Any UAC i put in this game to use JAM-IN-THE-SECOND-FIRE!!!!!
With -20/30% Jam Chance goes to 3 Shots before Jam!!!

Funny part: If the Math is 17% Jam Chance that means 83% of Sucess fire Plus -30% = ????
Suffice to say if i have 0% of Jam Chance that means i never JAM!

But only in this game math don't match with universal numbers.

UAC from InnerSphere turned into a Joke....a very bad one. Jam all over the time and with -20% the Jam seems to be more common than before.

Buffing even more PPC, nerfing UACs....keep going....just-keep-going.

InnerSphere have only one damm UAC and your people never get enough isn't it? Keep nerfing the Ballistic Mechs and UAC.

WE NEED MORE IS UACS, NOT NERF!!!!!!

I'll not even talk about the Kodiak. Just the fact you aknownledged the overpower and decided not to tinker it....well....i believe everyone knows what that means....

Note for your ballance: 13% from 100%.

#49 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 11 November 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

KDK-3 nerf: good...though since people can't play without meta we'll see more 2 ERPPC 2 Gauss builds...then PGI will somehow nerf that...then meta users will whine...here's a thought...stop overusing those builds
People will continue to use the strongest builds for any given chassis.

Honestly, though, the KDK-3 needs nerfs, so that's that really.

Phoenix Hawk arm quirks: good and bad....good for armor...bad for structure...should have kept the structure as well..and no it wouldn't be OP ffs
Well, it's not bad at all. Armor is objectively superior to structure. So, and even move of structure quirk > armor quirk is solidly a buff.

Inner Sphere UAC/5 nerf: extremely bad..I mean just why?
I don't know about "extremely" bad, but yeah - the UAC/5 is already larger and heavier, so it shouldn't be penalized.

Inner Sphere ER PPC buff: good
Yeah. This was nice to see.

Clan LBX nerfs: why?
Nerfs? Just the LBX5; and that just to keep the heat in line with the UAC5. I don't know why they felt that was important, though; having the LBX version be a bit cooler helps differentiate them and make the LBX a bit more of a viable choice.

Clan Large Pulser Laser nerf: good...cmon a pulse laser isn't supposed to do a decent amount of damage 1k away from the target..the only reason I used LPL instead of ER LL was because the range was more than sufficient with the LPL
Yup.

Still no Arm Structure Quirks for Viper: Is PGI even paying attention to the forums? We've been asking for these for 4 months now. Pay attention to everyone PGI. Not just a select few.
Sad, really, I was hoping the Viper would get some love :(

Letter and Number Decals: very good
I'd go so far as to say damn awesome :)

Energy Draw still being worked on: very bad...PGI you can't just change fundamental game mechanics after 4-5 years...the majority of people do NOT want it. Pay attention. And just drop the stupid thing. It's too late for that type of change.
Eh; I'd be genuinely surprised to see it see the light of day again. I really read that as "Yeah, it didn't work out, so we'll just brush it under this rug here and deal with it 'later'."

#50 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Pgi, thanks to put those quirks on PXH I asked four ##### months ago!

Maybe now I can start enjoying them, ..... with FOUR MONTHS DELAY Posted Image

#51 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

Best change in this patch, banshee and shadow hawk factional camo. Kudos PGI finally found a way to make me buy more MC.

#52 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:40 PM

I just want to take a moment, here, and state that I really... really... really appreciate that you all added the reasoning and logic behind adjustments.

#53 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 11 November 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Best change in this patch, banshee and shadow hawk factional camo. Kudos PGI finally found a way to make me buy more MC.

I admire a man with clear priorities,even if they're not the same as mine. :D OTOH, maybe I'l finally paint that last BNC...I do love a couple of the faction patterns.

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 November 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

I just want to take a moment, here, and state that I really... really... really appreciate that you all added the reasoning and logic behind adjustments.

So much this.

#54 Sev Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

And again no more clan decals. PGI don't you think, now we have clan hero mechs that are related to other clans, we should have their decals?

#55 Pugsley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:44 PM

I took a pretty long break from the game, so maybe I.missed this. But with number and letter dekals finally out, I've got to ask:

Whythe 6 decal limit on mechs?

#56 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostPugsley, on 11 November 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

I took a pretty long break from the game, so maybe I.missed this. But with number and letter dekals finally out, I've got to ask:

Whythe 6 decal limit on mechs?

Because nobody wants to see this?

Posted Image

Gotta set a limit, somewhere.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 November 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#57 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 November 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

I thought that the pug queue was all about Nascar, though? :D

#58 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 November 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'd prefer 7.

T E R C I E L

:D

#59 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

I appreciate the explanations which accompanied the quirk "adjustments" and explained the reasoning behind those changes.

Nova got third straight negative adjustment since its resizing which is understandable but it is currently being out performed by the Hunchback II-C, equaled by the Stormcrow and perhaps eclipsed by the new Huntsman. I hope those Mechs will also continue to be reviewed.

I believe in the absence of ED the adjustments to cooldowns, range and jam rates are the best ways to control ballistics and missiles so I am glad to see some steps being taken in that direction. Additional steps that increase cooldown or raise jam rates only when boating ballistics may be necessary. I am hopeful that Gauss and PPC pairing or boating will be addressed in the near future along with possible adjustments to heat sinks or heat threshold to keep energy boating in check.

Overall, for what was supposed to be a very light patch, I see some very good changes that will impact the game in what IMO is a mostly good way.

Thank you for making use of the PTS data so that all the time that I spent there in late August and September does not feel like wasted time.

#60 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 November 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Clan Large Pulse Laser
• Max Range reduced to 840 (from 1200)

Design Notes: The Max Range of the Clan Large Pulse Laser is being tuned to provide a bit more distinction in its role when compared against its ER Large Laser counterpart. It is currently too effective at extreme ranges when compared to more dedicated long range alternatives.

Posted Image
PGI... please understand that it is not Clan LPL max range which makes it superior over Clan ERLL... IT IS THE DAMN DURATION!!!!
I agree with the C-LPL range nerf. It makes sense... but your reasoning is outright wrong.
C-LPL is still superior to C-ERLL at any situation only because of the beam duration.

Decrease the DURATION of the C-ERLL and it would suddenly become viable and would be able to actually compete in the ranges it was meant to be used.

PGI... sometimes you just wander off in the field of logic and actual gameplay knowledge.
Why do you always do 9 things wrong for every single item you get right?

Edited by Navid A1, 11 November 2016 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users