Clpl, Wtf?

72 replies to this topic

#61 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

On behalf of Orion-2 pilots thank-you kindly for this nerf. It is the archetypical hardpoint starved clan mech. My two favourite builds..(4 clpl and 2clpl/2uac10) will have been hit by this change. Agree with all posts re cerll burn time.. they require very specific usage and circumstances.

#62 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 12 November 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Can you name an IS mech that takes advantage of big LPL range quirk to stand up to the best Clanners have to offer?

Posted Image

Pour one out for the Wubverine, deemed too powerful by our balance overlords.

#63 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 November 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Our balance overlord takes feedback?

When was the last time he understood the meta? Dat Trebuchet meta yo!

More referring to the mysterious source where they get their internal numbers from.

#64 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 November 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

More referring to the mysterious source where they get their internal numbers from.

It's called potatoes.

Since the average player is pretty bad, that is the measure in which he makes determinations. Remember, the comp community is the minority after all.

#65 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 November 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

It's called potatoes.

Since the average player is pretty bad, that is the measure in which he makes determinations. Remember, the comp community is the minority after all.

I know that.

I'm just wondering why the heck they don't use the MWOWC client for their data gathering though. That's the real potato, not using the controlled environment.

#66 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 November 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

I know that.

I'm just wondering why the heck they don't use the MWOWC client for their data gathering though. That's the real potato, not using the controlled environment.

What do you think this is, not minimally viable?

Not in Russ's MWO!

#67 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:47 PM

Well what about after targeting computer// wouldnt that put it to par at least with IS tech, after all you do get more weapon tonnage per mech class dont you? that seems fair, work smarter not harder.

#68 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

Having work for a US company, I can certainly say everything is stats driven. No one seems to bother analysing the what and the why.

#69 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

No. What was dumb is it being almost as long ranged as the IS ER Laser. It still does more damage, has more range, and is a ton lighter. Perhaps it does need a buff, but in a different area. I would recommend dropping heat to 9.

#70 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostDavers, on 12 November 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

The only thing funny about this thread is how Clan mechs continue to dominate in all aspects of the game, yet Clan players continue to complain about IS quirks.

Without talking about power levels I will say those quirks certainly make a lot of those IS mechs feel a lot better that many of the Clan mechs, and they perform very efficiently. I actually vastly prefer my IS mechs to my Clan mechs in most cases just because it is a much better experience.

#71 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 12 November 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Pour one out for the Wubverine, deemed too powerful by our balance overlords.

Aye, it got significantly nerfed, not just once, but twice! Also, RIP 50% AC5 cooldown Dakkarine.

Edited by El Bandito, 12 November 2016 - 05:46 PM.

#72 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 12 November 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

Um... even though it's not stated. But let's just think logically real quick. So, PGI either shifted the WHOLE TREND LINE so that even though Optimal is not EXPLICITLY stated that it's nerfed when it ACTUALLY IS, OR created a weapon with the steepest curve drop-off of ANY weapon in existence.

SRM's and LRM's have instant drop off.

Hum...

Nope, just because you lack the basic understanding of mathematics, doesn't mean I am wrong. In either case, we will find out in 4 days right? (Seriously guys, just because PGI didn't have a blatant statement that says Optimal is also nerfed, you can kind of infer because ALL PGI weapons have been running on the SAME god damn trend line. What makes you think that they move the endpoint without moving the dropoff? Come on, this is not hard.)

Think logically number 2, WHY WOULD THEY CREATE THE SAME 50% drop off max/optical mathematical model for EVERY OTHER LASERS and made exception for cLPL? Do you actually know that Optimal will not be changed or are you making a worse assumption than me?

#73 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

Issue: Apology to optimal range pre-launch stat because it's wrong. None the less, my point is still valid and remain that the max range nerf is stupid.

We will see the actual performance effect on the battlefield, but the risk of doing 25% damage from just 150m out of optimal is too great. No one in the right mind is going to risk firing beyond 700m using cLPL, which the nerf to maximum might as well have an intrinsic effect to nerfing optimal. Also, as my excel chart illustrates, is only a short distance of advantage compare to IS LL, effectively making cLPL a long duration, high heat, medium range weapon.

Basically, you either risk damage bouncing from slightly beyond your optimal range, in which case, IS LL will promptly smoke you. OR you play cautious and fight inside your optimal, in which case, IS mechs will close distance with armor and blast you away with half duration, lower heat IS LPL.

So regardless of whether I got the optimal range fact wrong, this is still a dumb@ss change that I do not support. I still put not giving PGI 80 dollars of pre-order on the table. Though I will see how much the new change actually inconvenient me before I decide.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users