#42 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:57 AM

@op
Yeah the Marauder is one of the Mechs lurmers focus down first. Big top profile.
Adders, warhawks, direwolf, stalkers and kingcrabs suffer the same.

But overall lrms are gimping your team on nearly all maps.

If you have problems with them get yourself a radardep module and/or go with faster mechs or avoid bad geometry mechs.

Sadly the problem is you and your playstyle, i hope you´ll improve and butcher some lurmers in the near future.

The patchchanges for them are good, making a nearly complete usesless piece of equipment(lrm20) atleast somewhat viable. (Tonnage investment to get lurms viable (artemis, bap and ammo) will probably never be worth it.)

#43 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:05 AM

LRM Brothers.. our time has come...

Missiles!

Posted Image

Edited by Vellron2005, 14 November 2016 - 02:19 AM.

#44 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:33 AM

Do it please. Build yourself an LRMboat and drop with your buddy in group q. Tell us in a week how that went for you. And a little hint. If you have 4 ERLL use them. Shoot the catapults ear with each 2 + 2 or 3 + 1 in quick succession. Before the lrms cant hit you your enemy will retreat because he will loose 50% of armament with your next shots.

#45 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:37 AM

Buff is good, probably not enough though.

#46 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:40 AM

If anything, i want LRM20s to have the same spread as LRM5s, to force people like you to learn.

View Post627, on 14 November 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

Ok, I'll bite. That catapult needs something between 1 and 3 seconds to lock you and then it fires its load.

No, you can fire it immediately. It only homes when you completed a lock.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 14 November 2016 - 02:41 AM.

#47 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 14 November 2016 - 02:40 AM, said:

If anything, i want LRM20s to have the same spread as LRM5s, to force people like you to learn.

Only with artemis does it home in when the lock is aquired after them beeing fired.

Edited by Kotzi, 14 November 2016 - 02:43 AM.

#48 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 14 November 2016 - 02:40 AM, said:

Yeah, and unless the target is truly a potato that got hooked into a computer with future tech, the first salvo will completely miss due to the target taking 2 steps in any direction.

#49 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

View PostDemarticus, on 14 November 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

LRM Boats are one of, if not the most powerful Mech's to build, and all you have to do, is sit back, and fire, literally it, the only other aspect is to have teammates spot them, but it's literally just point and click, and being forced to hide behind buildings the ENTIRE game isn't fun.

They already eat me and everything they focus alive half the time, and having just one AMS does literally nothing against them, but no, I guess them destroying CT Armor in roughly 30 seconds wasn't good enough? But now they get a faster cooldown? Seriously?

Lol, that's pug thinking right there. No, you need locks, and your team may or may not provide it. If your entire team died or didn't lock, you won't be feasting on your yummy enemies.

LRM boats are near useless in the hands of that kind of playstyle, get your own locks, share armor with your team, hell even though 1000m is the max-range of LRMs, Effective range is actually around 400m since it takes so much time between shots, likewise friendly locks ain't usually reliable unless it's from a UAV or your other team mates managed to feast on an enemy.

If they are munching you every time, blame yourself -- lots of other players manage, why can't you? LRMs can be countered by lots of many things, ECM is a big help since they can't get a lock quickly, AMS shoots down missiles, radar dep removes locks quickly, hell get a Nova-S with 3 AMS or Kitfox with 3 AMS and ECM, with AMS overload and unless you're stupid or in a wrong position, those pesky LRMs won't touch you or your allies.

Kitfox 3x AMS + ECM + UAC5 (3t ammo) + ERSL
Nova 12 ERSL + 3x AMS

View PostRestosIII, on 14 November 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

Yeah, and unless the target is truly a potato that got hooked into a computer with future tech, the first salvo will completely miss due to the target taking 2 steps in any direction.

You can still fire it immediately though, just saying.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 14 November 2016 - 03:06 AM.

#50 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:06 AM

With everyone and their mother loading on ECM and Radar Derp on their mechs, it's pretty much impossible to get a decent lock without someone NARC'ing or popping a UAV. TAG is too unreliable. I don't think that the lock-time extending module even cancels out the effects of Radar Derp, either, meaning it's a module on par with "hill climb" for usefulness, now.

With all the griping about noob-tubes and being OP, LRMs are constantly getting shoved further and further into inefficacy.

Edited by ice trey, 14 November 2016 - 03:07 AM.

#51 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:27 AM

View PostDemarticus, on 14 November 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

It's not avoiding them that's the problem, I can hide behind a building all day long if I have to, it's being forced to do so because someone with a Catapult and 2 LRM 15's, 2 LRM 10's, and 2 LRM 5's decided that I was going to be his lunch for that day.

It ruins the experience of the game having to camp constantly just to avoid something shredding me, and utterly decimating me in just a few hits, and hell, even when I hide behind buildings, and the enemy has no LoS, they STILL somehow manage to keep me locked.

Like I said, it just ruins the game :/

run in the Near of ECM, or use self ECM , and buy a radar deprivation module , watch the Sky for UAVs ,and LRMs useless

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 14 November 2016 - 03:28 AM.

#52 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:36 AM

Lurms are pretty OP against bad players, tho.

#53 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:00 AM

this is most surely a "git gut" issue, I can't recall the last time i died to LRMs

#54 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:09 AM

I got caught out in the open the other day and got focused down by 3-4 LRM boats. Stupid mistake on my part.

#55 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

I'm a new player, and love my lurms. But I can never do a damn thing with them unless I'm on the front line getting shot at just like every other mech.

People who stand in the back lobbing lurms blind usually only get lucky with about 10% of the missiles they fire. You have to be really dumb to be that guy letting some lurmer get lucky hits on you. Watching my fellow T5 potatoes lurming, after 1000 missiles they are lucky to get 200 damage. In my ECM lurmers I'll get near 1k, about 500-600 total in a non ecm mech, if the match goes well. But more often then not, they dont go so well. Especially without ECM, because I have a huge "shoot me" sign with the missiles showing exactly where I am, even if they didnt notice the red Dorito. The big problem is face time. The long lock time and flight time means I need to be exposed longer than a gun or laser carrier. That's why I can do better with ECM. No Dorrito gives me a bit more time before I am noticed. You cant snap shot lurms, since you must maintain the lock.

The real reason I love lurms, is my lack of twitch aim. I am not a FPS fan, so dont have the experience of getting mouse pointers on target fast and steady. War Thunder was perfect for me, with it's long reload times, and slow turret traverses, being more of a patient type. I'm still bad at this game though. I'll get better and be less reliant on nube-tubes soon enough though.

#56 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:33 AM

@ OP, I can't wait to see your LRM videos. Please wait until you are at least T2 to start running an LRM boat though. You will find it much more satisfying to get kills with LRMs on people who understand the game instead of people who have never bothered to learn. Please video and post all your matches, especially the first one. I can't wait to see your Ace of Spades achievement earned with LRMs.

#57 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:42 AM

View PostDemarticus, on 14 November 2016 - 12:42 AM, said:

I will upload a video proving that they are broken, myself and my friend are going to build a Catapult with 2 LRM 15's, 2 LRM 10's, and 2 LRM 5's, granted we might have to scratch some armor off, but I will prove that they are blatantly overpowered, and honestly, anyone who doesn't think so, are clearly not right or are a LRM'er themselves.

That sounds like the worst Catapult build I've ever heard of, but please do build one and rule the battlefield =)

#58 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:48 AM

Troll post is simply troll.
I have never ever said this to anyone.
But seriously man "Git Gud".

#59 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 14 November 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

@ OP, I can't wait to see your LRM videos. Please wait until you are at least T2 to start running an LRM boat though. You will find it much more satisfying to get kills with LRMs on people who understand the game instead of people who have never bothered to learn. Please video and post all your matches, especially the first one. I can't wait to see your Ace of Spades achievement earned with LRMs.

Hey Dragon I got seven kills in a Hunchie J was going for the Ace, but I ran out of targets.
Dang.

#60 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 14 November 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Hey Dragon I got seven kills in a Hunchie J was going for the Ace, but I ran out of targets.
Dang.

How many LRMs did you have to lob prior to that match to get that result?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users