#181 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostFrantic Pryde, on 03 January 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

For those that didn't listen to the podcast the devs posted, they actually touched on the clan issue. They talked about using clan honor and smaller numbers as a way to balance it ^_^

Heard it ;)

Does happy dance.

#182 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostCaveMan, on 12 December 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

Seriously? Your group enforced "gotta have the right minis" rules?

Dude, we played with legos, matchbooks, dice, spare scraps of paper, whatever. Minis were for collecting, painting and putting on a shelf. The only official stuff we ever put on the board were the paper tokens that came with 3rd/4th ED and CityTech.

BattleTech NEVER required anything other than the core book, and they updated the core book every couple years to include the material from new sourcebooks. If you got conned into thinking you had to buy a bunch of minis and 50 different rulebooks to be competitive, you got scammed hard. It sounds to me like you're ******** over the Clans because you had a bad gaming group.

Actually, this is probably part of what killed FASA. Unlike Games Workshop and Wizards of the Coast, they didn't have an unlimited money making machine requiring players to spend their entire disposeable income to remain competitive.

Yeah! I remember using chess pieces to play Battletech! I had a Knight with two GI Joe guns glued at the sides... Good times :P

And when the clans hit us, we had various ways of balancing it (usually just demanding numerical superiority on the IS side) and latter we had BV balance (don't remember when it was included in the core book exactly) which made it OK. Some of us (me) liked the Mad-Max philosophy of inner sphere, as compared with the shinny-high-tech-born-in-a-tube thingy

If fine tunned right, that would be actually a good one in MWO, to balance IS against Clan by never mixing tech and aways dropping them in opposite sides, and them giving IS numerical superiority.

It would be nice to see 3-5 rambo PUGs using Clan-tech against a 8-12 man IS premade. :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users