Kerensky Bowl November Event

421 replies to this topic

#21 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

Just to make it clear with the pass protection challenge, Linebacker is a medium, right?Posted Image

#22 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

I feel like a chump for buying a Grid Iron now.

The worst part of this challenge is going to be seeing people actually do the deathball... potentially to their own (team's) detriment.

#23 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

Really nice move with that Grid Iron! Would be cool to have an option to choose from different Mechs (like a Golden Boy, ST. Ives' Blues,...) though. But keep it up!!!

#24 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 17 November 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

So you nerf the grid iron to oblivion a year ago, 1 week after a hero sale... burn a lot of Grid Iron buyers... and you are now giving it for free?

good good.
Remind me not to ever buy any heroes again!

Is there anything in this game that doesn't piss you off? How is it a burn to those who purchased the grid iron? I get that you would like to have another equivalent prize, but they can't tailor each event to just your liking... I mean unless someone working there is specifically finding a list of all you dislike just to spite you. They offering us something for free, there is no reason to be pissed off because you already have a portion of the prize bag.

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 17 November 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#25 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:01 PM

Another different format. PGI has upped their event game.

#26 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

Damm you PGI , beautiful event. I NEED TO STUDY THOUGH!!!!!

#27 Solahma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 17 November 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hero as Event Prize... nice and all ... but... looking at closely the event's "need to do" list... It will be a very hard one.. (Let's say... "Iron hard")

Anyway.... Thanks!

Well you can destroy several components in a single match and they accumulate. You could destroy 5 torsos and 5 arms in a single match, that's 10 toward the total in just one match, with 14 days to complete... the other once also occur several times in a single match, ever 8 seconds for the light/med and every 15 seconds for the formation. If you make somewhat of an effort to purposefully get the awards, it shouldn't take long.

#28 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:08 PM

As much as the event sounds great, and wonderful end prize... I'm not overly fond of the achievements not associated with the Linebacker, such as the "protected light/medium" requirement. I say this only because, well, in a Linebacker event, I would expect just about everything to be generic actions or actions associated to Linebackers or something like it.

Not complaining so much as wondering how I'll split my time between playing my Linebacker for the event, and some Medium or Light mech for the completionist challenge.

#29 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

Looks like a good event with nice rewards. Objectives don't look too bad, a bit of play a day with some stuff that can be ground out.

#30 General Rasp

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

Has the event started? The time says it should have but the website says other wise.

#31 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:38 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 17 November 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

So you nerf the grid iron to oblivion a year ago, 1 week after a hero sale... burn a lot of Grid Iron buyers... and you are now giving it for free?

good good.
Remind me not to ever buy any heroes again!

oH BOOO HOOO....ya know there are likely tens of thousands of players who weren't here a year ago, thus didn't get their purchases nerfed. First world gamer problems....complain about free prizes and something that happened a year before.

#32 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

An event that encourages sticking together and acknowledging the lesser-appreciated facets of the rewards system? Rad. ;)

#33 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

Defensive Line and Pass Protection are going to lead to a ridiculous amount of team blobbing for this entire event.

Defensive Line is also likely to lead to some rather severe rage about lance members not sticking with their lance, which will screw the other 3 lance members out of event progress.

Seriously PGI, you need to consider the negative consequences of these events when they are being designed.

Edited by Zergling, 17 November 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#34 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:56 PM

I'd love to be enthused about this. I really would. But considering I've won 1 out of 25 games today it just kills the urge to play. I mean the game isn't even fun anymore. Even with these challenges. Sure wish PGI would sit everyone down and actually FIX the matchmaker. I'm sick of losing 48 out of 50 games. I guess Tier 1's get paired with tier 5's to even out to 3. And the other team is nothing but Tier 2 and 3. I can only carry so hard.

#35 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostRamrod AI, on 17 November 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

I'd love to be enthused about this. I really would. But considering I've won 1 out of 25 games today it just kills the urge to play. I mean the game isn't even fun anymore. Even with these challenges. Sure wish PGI would sit everyone down and actually FIX the matchmaker. I'm sick of losing 48 out of 50 games. I guess Tier 1's get paired with tier 5's to even out to 3. And the other team is nothing but Tier 2 and 3. I can only carry so hard.

thats the real pain in the game... the matchmaker.

#36 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

Yes, the event looks nice. I think some portions may require quite a bit playing for me but maybe I can make it.

I'm not highly exited about the Grid Iron though. It would be nice of there were some IS XL engines as prices too.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 17 November 2016 - 07:28 PM.

#37 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostGeneral Rasp, on 17 November 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Has the event started? The time says it should have but the website says other wise.

I'd check your time/dates, I see it starting tomorrow night.

#38 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

https://mwomercs.com/clock ;)

#39 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

I paid for a Grid Iron, but I'm not mad at all that they're giving them away now.

I am, however, mad that the GI is still terribad after having the one fun thing about it removed.

I mean, balancing by quirks is bad design and I can see why they wanted to get rid of all the gigantic quirks, but at this point the GI would be arguably worse than the HBK-IIC even if it got the gatling gauss back.

#40 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 17 November 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Is there anything in this game that doesn't piss you off? How is it a burn to those who purchased the grid iron? I get that you would like to have another equivalent prize, but they can't tailor each event to just your liking... I mean unless someone working there is specifically finding a list of all you dislike just to spite you. They offering us something for free, there is no reason to be pissed off because you already have a portion of the prize bag.

And it concerns you because?

Ask anyone who bough the Grid Iron in December 2015. They'll tell you how it felt.

As a free prize, the GI is a generous offer by PGI, and many will like it. That is worthy of praise.

As for people who bought the GI before, imagine buying something and shelving it because it became useless a week after your purchase, and later you see it as a free give away. It does make you concerned about the rest of the hero mechs you bought in the past.

So enjoy your GI and let others tell PGI what they think regarding free hero give aways!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users