Kerensky Bowl November Event

421 replies to this topic

#41 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

They just need to requirk the ballistic point, my grid iron hasn't been used since the nerf.

#42 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 17 November 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

And it concerns you because?

Ask anyone who bough the Grid Iron in December 2015. They'll tell you how it felt.

As a free prize, the GI is a generous offer by PGI, and many will like it. That is worthy of praise.

As for people who bought the GI before, imagine buying something and shelving it because it became useless a week after your purchase, and later you see it as a free give away. It does make you concerned about the rest of the hero mechs you bought in the past.

So enjoy your GI and let others tell PGI what they think regarding free hero give aways!

Your negativity is really tiresome and that is why it concerns me. I just wanted to know if there is some aspect of this game you won't complain about. All of your posts I've seen in other threads are mercilessly nagging about one thing or another. You can say whatever you like, but you may want to consider your delivery if you don't want to come off as a chronic crybaby.

I understand that you're upset that they nerfed it after you bought it, but why are you trying to tear it down for everyone else? I hope your fear for giving away hero mechs is more of a concern of those mechs being useful as opposed to you being upset that you paid for it and others didn't have to after waiting for over a year.

Giving away the Grid Iron is the same thing as pre-ordering a mech package. You pay cash up front to have exclusive use of that mech for a few months before it is available to everyone. That has always been fine for me and I'm not bothered by the idea of anything I paid for being used as a prize or play incentive later.

#43 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:04 PM

To all the h8ters out there. It's a FREE mech!

I paid for the Hunchback Mastery Pack on December 2015 and got the Grid Iron. The Grid Iron Gauss was super sweet! Alas, Gauss got nerfed but hey, you adapt instead of crying. Aren't you a mechwarrior?!

You can run it with Med Lazors + AC20/(ASRM6 +MGs). It has decent quirks, especially the acceleration/deceleration ones (60% bonus) and some Structure Bonus.

o7

Edited by anhell86, 17 November 2016 - 10:05 PM.

#44 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

Nice event.

Unfortunately I have to travel on a couple of days during it, so I won't be able to complete all the requirements Posted Image

It would be good if such events required "9 of the 12 days" or something like that, to accommodate those of us who just can't be home 12 days straight.

But anyway, thanks for the event.

Edited by Appogee, 17 November 2016 - 11:16 PM.

#45 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

An observation: this is the third time this year that PGI is giving away special mech variants with a C-Bill boost for general, non-faction-specific achievements. And all of them are IS mechs. The only time PGI gave out special Clan mech variants was under the loyalty program, and you had to specifically purchase a Clan mechpack for that. Am I the only one seeing an issue here, or has the anti-Clan bias already become the norm in MWO?

#46 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:45 PM

I'm always a sucker for free Mech's, sign me up !

#47 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

View PostAppogee, on 17 November 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

It would be good if such events required "9 of the 12 days" or something like that, to accommodate those of us who just can't be home 12 days straight

Not 9 of 12 but it is 12 of 14.

#48 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:48 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 17 November 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

Your negativity is really tiresome and that is why it concerns me. I just wanted to know if there is some aspect of this game you won't complain about. All of your posts I've seen in other threads are mercilessly nagging about one thing or another. You can say whatever you like, but you may want to consider your delivery if you don't want to come off as a chronic crybaby.

I understand that you're upset that they nerfed it after you bought it, but why are you trying to tear it down for everyone else? I hope your fear for giving away hero mechs is more of a concern of those mechs being useful as opposed to you being upset that you paid for it and others didn't have to after waiting for over a year.

Giving away the Grid Iron is the same thing as pre-ordering a mech package. You pay cash up front to have exclusive use of that mech for a few months before it is available to everyone. That has always been fine for me and I'm not bothered by the idea of anything I paid for being used as a prize or play incentive later.

The road from optimistic support to where I am is a long long road.... over the years, PGI kept that road very busy!
Lets just leave it at that. I don't wanna open the ancient salt mines.

The only and only part that I like in this "practice in masochism" you call MWO is the mechs and the concept art masterpieces by Alex and the beautiful models.

#49 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:49 PM

If you really dislike every aspect of the game, you should probably find a different game to play.

#50 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:49 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 17 November 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Is there anything in this game that doesn't piss you off? How is it a burn to those who purchased the grid iron? I get that you would like to have another equivalent prize, but they can't tailor each event to just your liking... I mean unless someone working there is specifically finding a list of all you dislike just to spite you. They offering us something for free, there is no reason to be pissed off because you already have a portion of the prize bag.

I agree and appreciate the chance of getting a free hero. (I have mastered Hunchbacks and no GI, so it suits me even better.)

But concerning people who already have a GI:
Until about a year ago, in WoT, if you won a premium tank by event you already had, you got it's cost in gold (not in silver, they changed it to silver later).
Admitted, WoT has no mechanic to possess multiples of the same tank, as does MWO, so they could not just add a second copy of the same to your acc and see you biting nails for already having bought it for real money and now only getting an effectively lower price than others.

But still, in MWO they could do it similarly:
If you already had the same hero, you'd get half it's price refunded in MCs (gold), same as if you bought it on 50% sale, instead having to sell it for silver.

This would be the solution noone could seriously complain about, even if they tried to, I assume, makeing this already generous event perfect.

Edited by Kuaron, 18 November 2016 - 12:51 AM.

#51 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:08 AM

When does this start Eu time?

It's already 18th nov here 09.00, all the online time zone switches seem to say diffrent things, so i'm majorly confused. ^^
Thought it was 04.00 in the morning at first but guess not. :)

I'vent been playing in awhile so i'm looking forward to play out all these events and try grind out the free mech. :)

#52 utopian201

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 17 November 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

An observation: this is the third time this year that PGI is giving away special mech variants with a C-Bill boost for general, non-faction-specific achievements. And all of them are IS mechs. The only time PGI gave out special Clan mech variants was under the loyalty program, and you had to specifically purchase a Clan mechpack for that. Am I the only one seeing an issue here, or has the anti-Clan bias already become the norm in MWO?

What were the other special mechs, I only know of the Centurion NCIX, the other mechs given away were standard variants I think.

Edited by utopian201, 18 November 2016 - 12:37 AM.

#53 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostxSleeZyx, on 18 November 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

When does this start Eu time?

It's already 18th nov here 09.00, all the online time zone switches seem to say diffrent things, so i'm majorly confused. ^^
Thought it was 04.00 in the morning at first but guess not. Posted Image

I'vent been playing in awhile so i'm looking forward to play out all these events and try grind out the free mech. Posted Image

Nov 19th 12:00:00 AM (UTC)

Just type in UTC 12:00 am in any search engine and it will give you a link to the UTC clock so you can see what time it is.

In the EU, it should probably be sometime between 2:00 am and midnight on Nov. 19th.

Edited by bar10jim, 18 November 2016 - 12:38 AM.

#54 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:53 AM

View Postutopian201, on 18 November 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

What were the other special mechs, I only know of the Centurion NCIX, the other mechs given away were standard variants I think.

They also gave out a hero Blackjack as a reward for purchasing any MC pack during the year. I couldn't understand the logic behind that, either, since MC packs are not tied to any specific faction, but I figured they flipped a coin or something, and chose to provide an IS mech this year. But then came the NCIX Centurion, and now comes the Grid Iron. I almost wish they had some sort of a trade-in program, as I would gladly trade both my Blackjack and Centurion for one Clan hero mech.

#55 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:53 AM

Many many thanks for the event PGI.

I doubt I'll get time to do this all but it's a nice long event so that's much appreciated. Free MC's are always welcome, while I plan to use it on a hero, I end up getting Decals instead :$.

I already have GI but I've never really used it after it got nerfed. With the limited slots it's obsolete as it cannot seem to compete with the fellow variants. I tried to make it work but at best it's just meh. The normal variants are much more effective killers.

I might just break it out for the event but we'll see.

#56 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:56 AM

View Postbar10jim, on 18 November 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Nov 19th 12:00:00 AM (UTC)

Just type in UTC 12:00 am in any search engine and it will give you a link to the UTC clock so you can see what time it is.

In the EU, it should probably be sometime between 2:00 am and midnight on Nov. 19th.

Thanks for your reply!
Yes this is what i've done and it does give me diffrent results so i dunno. Posted Image
But yes i would guess around that time aswell. I remember vaguely watching a stream from PGI around 02.00 at the night and time posted was about the same, i think.

Anyway i'll just continue to play as per usual then ill notice eventually when it kicks in. Posted Image

Edit: Reason im anxious to miss it, is because the 100 score daily thingy. Would suck to miss out on that due me sleeping or something. And ruin my chances at getting the mech.

Edited by xSleeZyx, 18 November 2016 - 12:58 AM.

#57 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:06 AM

oh great, gonna get more team damage, everyone just going for component , and running in front of you to be the first and most.
wouldn't be so bad if this was Faction play only. but since FP will not be happening,

can we count the team components we destroy from the team idiots running in front of you trying to component steal ?

#58 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

TY VERY MUCH FOR THE EVENT PGI. Is a challenging event, but the reward worth it!!

congratulatios, well have 10 days of mechwarrior games of madness!!!

Ty for the double XP too, and the sales in the store

and finally, half price in mech bays!!

#59 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:30 AM

Nice!
Yummy MC!

Gotta buy something good during next sale

#60 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:42 AM

Ok, so for everyone that don't get the background behind the logic of this event, here's how this feels to me:

The player count is down in the dumps, so lets get an event going that forces players to play.. and to sweeten the deal, let's give them a hero mech.. but not a good one, but one that people have been asking us to fix lately..

Yes, we are so desperate for players we are willing to give away a hero mech..

The event rewards doing what happens during normal play - destroying components, staying with your lance, and such.. so basically, this is a "people, please just play, and you get a free hero mech" event..

Well.. yeah... I don't think many people will be able to play every day for 12 days.. even with the extremely low requirement of basically a single drop.. I'll try though..

But this really shows the sad state of the playerbase...

P.S.

The deal would be MUCH sweater if they gave away one of the "popular" hero mechs, or one of the new ones.. but their choice of the hero mech speaks volumes..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dump on PGI in any way.. It's great they are giving away a Hero Mech.. I'm just a bit saddened by the background of such an act..

I will try to get the mech, since I don't have the money to buy hero mechs otherwise.. That 12 day cap tho.. its hard to get when you have a life..

Edited by Vellron2005, 18 November 2016 - 01:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users