#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:23 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...is-your-wallet/

Please vote, and keep discussion civil. Try to keep Salt levels in a health area.....Some people here do have high blood pressure already!

#2 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

You might want to expand those options, by "buy" do you mean package or mc, it makes a difference if you buy one 7.5$ package a year for decals and half priced mechbays or you buy one 20~60$ packages or several.

A price ranging might be more indicative, considering it's confidential on how you voted it should be ok.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 19 November 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#3 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

I put it in a bank vault and welded the door shut.

#4 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

Add another option like "I buy mechs once in a blue moon/only mechs that are relevant to my interests" and I'll vote.

#5 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:12 AM

ok added that option

#6 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:24 AM

I BOUGHT everything but will not be spending anymore on this game until there is a viable reason to purchase anymore 'Mechs beyond pursuing a "Poke-Mech" mentality.

IF PGI can show me a viable iteration of Faction Play I will give serious consideration to putting more cash into their product (is that an option in your poll ;) )

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 19 November 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#7 Dr Wubs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

I appreciate the sentiment, but your poll totally misses what i thought it might poll.

A how closed is it poll might look like this:

a) totally and will never open again
B) probably closed for good, but could open again
c) not really closed or open, waiting to see
d) not closed, but I might close it based on big decisions
e) not closed at all, keep up the good work

I can't really vote on your poll the way it is, but I'll weigh in that:

It's closed completely until the end of January. I will not buy anything until then. I already wanted to buy Clan heroes and such but I didn't because it's closed.

At the end of January, its opening hinges upon me already playing the fabulous new content that's-so-awesome-it's-secret to be unveiled at Mech Con. The key phrase above is "already playing".

If Mech Con is all about a bunch of crap that we have to wait for past the end of January, then my wallet will be closed permanently and I will consider my earlier investments an excuse to play F2P until I no longer want to play this game.

#8 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:33 AM

Only will open for the Sean Tracy made BT in the future

#9 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostDr Wubs, on 19 November 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

I appreciate the sentiment, but your poll totally misses what i thought it might poll.

It's closed completely until the end of January. I will not buy anything until then. I already wanted to buy Clan heroes and such but I didn't because it's closed.

At the end of January, its opening hinges upon me already playing the fabulous new content that's-so-awesome-it's-secret to be unveiled at Mech Con. The key phrase above is "already playing".

If Mech Con is all about a bunch of crap that we have to wait for past the end of January, then my wallet will be closed permanently and I will consider my earlier investments an excuse to play F2P until I no longer want to play this game.

This is perfectly mirroring my opinion, thanks for writing

#10 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationBetween Type 1 and Type 2

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostDr Wubs, on 19 November 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Yup

#11 BlueFlames

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

My last cash purchase was the Cyclops preorder.

My last MC purchase was a couple of mastery packs, while they were on sale a couple months back, though that was MC that I had been sitting on for about a year.

In total, I've spent $35 on MWO since last November, and if all the game has to offer is more mech packs, then I don't foresee myself spending even that much in the coming year.

I'll tell you what, though: I'll make a deal with PGI. If Paul plays 100 matches in the 2017 loyalty reward period, as verified by the archived leaderboards (seasons four through sixteen), I'll buy a completely redundant mech pack. If the "lead designer" actually bothers to play his own game enough to qualify as an active player, he'll have earned that $20.

#12 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

Technically I buy everything.

However

My view is that if you can afford it, you should at least buy a standard pack for the extra goodies, with the option of asking for a refund, if the Model is a donkey or something happens.

I've asked for refunds on a few occasions, I'm not buying blind anymore, and if P.G.I keep bring out high hard point clan mechs I can't reallt see any point in continuing to support them, because clearly they will be showing they don't care about balance in FW

#13 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

I am actually spending more than ever. Before I only bought a handful of MCs every year for bays and some heros when there were discounts, this year on top of some MCs I also bought MAD-IIC and Purifier. Definitely sot a whale, but since I am playing and enjoying the game I imagine spending some money on it is worth it.

Of course that doesn't stop me from thinking this game has so much freaking unfulfilled potential, it makes me cry...

#14 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

My wallet has been fairly open but that is only because I have managed to put spending money on this game into the proper context.

First of all, I have to think about this game only in terms of short term. This is because I honestly don't know how long this game will be around simply because PGI is absolutely avoiding what is required to turn this game into a long term success. The lack of maps and other content scream to me that they aren't really trying anymore.

Second, I have ask myself if I am having fun. In general I do enjoy playing MWO and right now I am getting more enjoyment out of playing it than anything else I am doing. Basically, despite my misgivings about the long term perspective of this game, I generally have fun...today...right now.

Third, I have to look at what investing into other things would get me verses investing in MWO. Prime example here. Last weekend I bought a game of Steam for $45. I had fun playing it but after 10 hours, kind of lost interest. On the other hand I invested in the Linebacker and spent $35 for the basic pack and the hero and have been playing for about 20 hours now since it came out. On a dollar per dollar case, I have got a ton more value out of the Linebacker than I did out of the other game.This is especially true because I am still playing the Linebacker extensively so the value only becomes more the longer I play the Linebacker. I also look at other things I could be doing like spending $15 at the movie for 3 hours of entertainment or spending $70+ to go see some show at the performing arts center for only about another 3 hours of entertainment. Hell even a Novel costs like $9 and I can read a 500 page novel in about 6 hours

Then when I look at opening my wallet in that context I realize that as long as I am having fun and buying a mech pack will keep me entertained for a few weeks, it really is a very cheap investment.

So honestly, the only real reason to keep your wallet closed, if you actually have fun playing that is, is for some sort of protest because the game has been grossly mishandled by PGI. Bare in mind, that your wallet being closed isn't going to actually cause PGI to change anything. In fact, the less you spend, the less incentive PGI actually has to do anything. Only games that make money, get money invested back into them after all.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 19 November 2016 - 01:33 PM.

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostCathy, on 19 November 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

I can't really see any point in continuing to support them, because clearly they will be showing they don't care about balance in FW

I think that is what you meant to say. Posted Image

I think you give them WAY to much credit in suggesting that they are paying enough attention to CW to be concerned about "balance" at all, let alone how mechs with higher hard points might affect that balance. Hell, how long did Russ say they allowed CW to go without anyone being in charge of it? 6 months? Yeah. That right there shows how much they care.

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:05 PM

i shelled out $45 bucks this year for a bushie and an ultraviolet.

last year i spent about $80, bought a kodiak, a hunchiic pack, and a maurader.

this is not including all the $7 mc packs i bought whenever i had spare change.

i need to stop getting sucked into the loyalty rewards, the mechs just aint worth it. the ones you buy are (unless barrel scrapings), just not the loyalty mechs. unless you get the top tier rewards.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 November 2016 - 02:12 PM.

#17 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:11 PM

My wallet is completely closed. For several reasons:

-Pretty much the only thing worth spending here for me is mech packs, and even that is mostly just cosmetics. Sure, each mech looks different, and have different hardpoints, but that is where it all ends.

-I've already spent more money than I should have reasonably done so (about $250 give or take), for no other reason than because I wanted to own certain 'mechs for nostalgia purposes (i.e., Marauder, Timby, Urbie).

-The gameplay is still just four different varieties of 12vs12 TDM minus maybe scouting in FW, and even that has issues. Each battle boils down to the same movements and the same tactics, and gives very little agency for individual performance. At least in past Mechwarrior titles, I can drop for some duels or go for a free-for-all without having to cough out a dime for premium time.

-At the end of the day, I got nothing to protest outside of the fact that this game tends to drag on monotonously overtime. I work for my living, and spending money on MWO is pretty low on my priority list.

#18 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

I buy premie time but little else nowadays.
However if they added these my wallet would spring open like an artesian fountain.
Posted Image

Edited by Novakaine, 19 November 2016 - 02:17 PM.

#19 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

It's so closed that it would almost take a real life battlemech's hand actuators to pry it back open.

#20 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

My wallet? Tossed in a iron drum filled with cement and thrown into the deepest portion of the deepest ocean. Why? Holidays, lack of game features, and ultimately other responsibilities.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users