• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 22 November 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, can any company actually permanently ban someone? I mean, sure, they can ban his account or IP, but accounts can be easily remade and most people have dynamic IPs and can just reset their router to get a new IP in minutes.

There are some really crazy people out there. I have seen someone spend more than 12 hours on a weekday stalking and harrassing someone that he believed to be his arch enemy or something ********. An admin would ban him, then a few minutes later he would be back with a different IP screaming about how all the admins were conspiring against him to protect his arch enemy. 12 hours later he was still doing the same thing. There's no way PGI support can keep up with crazy people like this.

They said I will get a permanent ban for the next time I get banned from the forums. You can see how much I care about that. I suppose they could ban me from game but I don't play it anymore for obvious reasons.

View PostMole, on 22 November 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

You realize assault and battery is an actual crime, not a civil dispute, right? A felony?

Of course I do.

However, once upon a time ago I worked as a bouncer and saw and broke up many a physical dispute. Most guys took their azzwhoopping and went home and didn't snitch. However, every now and then there was that one crybaby that would press charges or demand the police be called. I had a great relationship with our beat cops and cooperated any time they were called on site.

Moral of that story.....There are still some real men out there that can give and take an azzwhooping. Believe me the beat cops and my law enforcement friends understand this quite well.

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 22 November 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#62 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 22 November 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

What he is not telling you is that he carries a .45 up has sleeve, with a spring loaded actuator that will push it out to his hand in the blink of an eye. Still excited for the face to face encounter? Afterall, anything goes when settling a dispute right? Riight??

Posted Image

#63 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 22 November 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

I've mentioned this story before, but I remember a situation like that happening on a Freelancer mod server. A guy wouldn't stop being terrible both IG and on the forums, to the point where they started IP banning. Eventually, they just banned the entirety of NZ and some parts of Australia, which finally shut him down, and said that if anyone gets an illegitimate IP ban indication when trying to log in, they'd whitelist your IP. Fun times.

Yea, but obviously PGI isn't going to range ban entire countries. And some of those crazies won't hesistate to buy VPNs just to get around a country block.

#64 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

If griefing is witnessed,
please use the in-game player context-menu's report function
or contact moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence and/or details you have available.
PGI Support Staff will investigate and penalize accordingly.

[mod]Any encouragement of griefing is not permitted on the forums;
moreover, neither are personal attacks, threats, nor their related discussion of violence.

This thread is now closed.[/mod]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users