New Performance Packs Now Available Through Steam!

113 replies to this topic

#61 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:51 PM

I hope PGI listens to the feedback in this thread. A lot of players with big money badges and very few posts which means they care enough to actually make a fuss about it. When the silent majority starts talking you know things aren't right.

#62 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:04 PM

I hope PGI listens to the feedback in this thread?

I hope they don't listen to 99% of this thread as the steam packs are a great deal with all the combo items only thing I wish they would do is give the additional 20-30% off the listed prices per pack like they did with the October packs.

Edited by KingCobra, 24 November 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#63 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

PGI didn't listen to these exact same complaints with last year's packs. They're not about to listen to the same **** swished out of different orifices on this year's packs.

#64 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 24 November 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

PGI didn't listen to these exact same complaints with last year's packs. They're not about to listen to the same **** swished out of different orifices on this year's packs.

I'm sure that'll be good for profit... not listening to customers.

#65 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:23 PM

When I saw the packages..... named "performance"..... first I laught.....then I cried a bit, thinking to those ones buying them.

#66 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

Those "performance packs" are ..................!?#@?!
Mastery packs are okay, those should be pushed imho.

#67 - MEDUSA -

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:55 AM

View PostMumpitzmaster, on 24 November 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

How about actual content? Stop releasing such crapy Packs and give us new maps, modes and stuff that change things.
New mechs are not really new content, since people who already have a lot, give **** about new mechs. They want to see something really new.

Capture the Flag
Multi-Domination (Domination with multiple Spots, once taken cant be changed, maybe with firesupport for the owning side)
Next FW phase
limited capacities for merc contracts to a Faction to prevent all big mercs from joining the same faction
more diversity at all, not just mechs and loadout
AI? Weren't there plans for AI?

I already see you running out of money because of packs like this. Don't do that to us.

Totally agree, these are the things we need, these are the things that could be save the game!
Even a deeper FW play, with very big map and with a lot of objective to achieve and matain to obtain game aids, this will oblige the drop commander to make choice and plan, allocating lance (no more "train of happines of all in the canyon towards the cannon" )diverting people from one objective to another...
The rewards will be for example artillery strike, satellite recon, reinforce (yeah...if you do some of brave and heroic one side could obtain more of the default 48 mechs....forcing to think and fight accordly) and so on..
All this could finally give the feel to fight a battle, a feel that actually is missing with the only take cannon/defend cannon objective.
Sorry for errors and bad English but I hope that the concepts and ideas behind them passed clearly.

#68 Slumbering Shadow

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:48 AM

I wonder if anyone noticed that the mechs from the new performance packs all come from the current trial mechs...

#69 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:12 AM

I for myself bought 2 from the first packs, expected them to have 40% off again to complete the first ones.
Now they removed them and added packs I don't need :(

And yes, I prefer Steam payment.

#70 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostSlumbering Shadow, on 25 November 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

I wonder if anyone noticed that the mechs from the new performance packs all come from the current trial mechs...

I not only noticed, I've had to repeat that fact several times in these threads the past few days. And next year when these packs are replaced, the third series of packs will again be replaced by 8 mechs which are at that time being used for trial mechs.

Edited by Dee Eight, 25 November 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#71 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 November 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

FYI, I have played this game since closed beta and I am a "Steam" player, since I have used Steam since it came out and I linked my MWO account to my Steam account.

No, you are not. I have 500hours clocked in the Steam MWO and i am not a steam player by any mean. What i mean by a steam player is someone who discover the game through steam(the first utility of steam is exposition). Someone who will start at the bottom with nothing. Do you remember how it is to not have a single weapon in your inventory, no engine, much less xl, no modules and you dont even know how to play the game.

These people should be sold Mastery Pack as has been said already, not 2 mech of different technology. Hell, a pack with one of each class would make more sense. like whats popular in CW at the time of creating and you change it every season when meta change. Now THAT would be a performance pack. Not that it needs to be but i guess its better for business to keep player in at first.

Edited by DAYLEET, 25 November 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#72 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

View PostQuandoo, on 25 November 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

I for myself bought 2 from the first packs, expected them to have 40% off again to complete the first ones.
Now they removed them and added packs I don't need Posted Image

And yes, I prefer Steam payment.

Hey, the steam payment is something i didnt consider but i guess PGI would be wise to have more stuff for sale on steam.

It shows you joined only 7 days ago, did you have prior experience with mwo or you used to have an account back in the days and just made another one? Did you take a look at the forum Store and the ingame store with the mastery pack(both dont offer the same things)? What do you think about people suggesting these should be on Steam?

Which pack did you get and how do you feel about those mech? Id be really interested in the opinion of a new guy, if you are one.

#73 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

There is nothing wrong with one method of acquiring mechs out of the many available to us having selections from both tech bases. Truly new players don't tend to know to which, if either, they will want to restrict themselves. This knowledge usually only comes after they pilot both, at the increased performance of the elite skill unlocks/custom builds they can't get from trial mechs. If they join a unit which happens to be mercenary, they will need both IS and Clan mechs eventually anyway.

#74 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:49 AM

View PostGhostrider0067, on 24 November 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

And what about those of us who don't use Steam to play but instead use the direct platform? We get screwed?

Nope you just install steam and steam mwo launcher. Once you have purchased the pack and downloaded it through the steam mwo you uninstall the steam mwo portal and steam. Then login as normal.

#75 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

I have no problem with these packs, and loved last years. Hoping to buy the bottom three on these too. I just don't buy the assault one due to cost restriction. I however would not disagree if the great lords at PGI gifted me one of the older steam assault packs so my collection could be complete.

#76 Veiled Cause

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

View Postmikerso, on 26 November 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

I have no problem with these packs, and loved last years. Hoping to buy the bottom three on these too. I just don't buy the assault one due to cost restriction. I however would not disagree if the great lords at PGI gifted me one of the older steam assault packs so my collection could be complete.

Fat chance, pal </3
I got the 4 old ones. Both Assaults are bootyful o3o

#77 Veiled Cause

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:24 AM

Personal Opinions/Reactions:

Light: ಠ_ಠ Really now? You had the Jenner IIC for the clans and you dropped the Lynx?
I dont know what they could've dropped on the IS side... Maybe the Locust? Or Commando? They're from the Champion variants, so I really dont know what they could've done there.

Medium: I aprove o3o I literally have both variants already, but I would buy them to have those sweet CB boosts and sell mine to get another one... Or just to keep'em and have more builds and stuff!

Heavy: Ebon Jaguar = Insta Buy (For me) Love the mech and the looks~Not sure about the IS again... Guess that's okay o3o I would've loved the Marauder but I dont think it has a C variant... Oh well

Assaults: Clan: IS: ಠ~ಠ
I would've loved to see the Battlemaster as many suggest. Or maybe the Awesome 'cause you know o3o the name says it all.

#78 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:37 AM

Light pack should have been JR7-IIC and SDR-5K. They're like half the light mechs actually seen in comp (with JR7-IIC-A and ACH).

Edited by TercieI, 26 November 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#79 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

View PostTercieI, on 26 November 2016 - 10:37 AM, said:

Light pack should have been JR7-IIC and SDR-5K. They're like half the light mechs actually seen in comp (with JR7-IIC-A and ACH).

Not convinced the 5K is a good mech for a newer player though.

#80 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostAramuside, on 26 November 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Not convinced the 5K is a good mech for a newer player though.

That's a fair point, but it's still better than the PTR or MLX for a new player!

Edited by TercieI, 26 November 2016 - 11:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users