Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

You can count me in

#42 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

Not quite sure if I can make it, but register mikerso just in case.

#43 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Register me. I would like to run with my unit.

#44 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:00 AM

I want to be a part of this tournament. I wish to register, my ingame nick is Michael Knell.

#45 MinOtAur hUNtER

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTriton, Moon of Neptune

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

How wouldI register. Or did I just do that
Im on a team w/some buddies and I think they could just register as a team.
Otherwise, register me

#46 Rabajaba

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

OTCoHolics signing up

Earlito
MeanMachine
Jaawa
Jasmu
Kahavi
Rabajaba

Edited by Rabajaba, 17 December 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#47 Dettmam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Dettmam
Lordcrasher
GhostNial
Karl Marlow
MannyRhyde

(substitutes: k52 and Pyrodancer)

I hoped to have a team but people didnt showed up... hope they do in time!

The Commissar will be there!

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 17 December 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#48 Semper Fi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe Great North West of US

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Semper Fi will try and make it
Dagorel
Sinooko
M.Snow
Karth

Edited by Semper Fi, 17 December 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#49 AmusingDead

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

I will see if i can make it in between work and christmas ****.

#50 RoadKill XP

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

I`m in.

#51 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:52 AM

Thank you for registration and see you soon! I can't wait to start the tournament. Good luck all!

#52 Sinooko

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationGolden, Colorado

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Sinooko and Dagorel Signing up.

#53 Dagorel

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 42 posts
  • LocationKingman, AZ

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

dagorel places his token on the table. " I will win"

#54 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

Posted Image

Damn Facebook bot will be disqualified! No stock loadout. :P

#55 Dungeon Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

I have to say that I really disappointed by how this event happened. First time we had awesome games with Emp, SJR and other good teams, that was really fun and we waiting for next one. This time I had to play in randomly assigned team with dead drunk guy who was screaming all the time and later this gone even worse. I cannot believe that tournament ended with BT questions to determine the winners. Sorry to say this, but this tournament was absolutely worst experience for whole time I'm in this game(since close beta). I cannot understand why you have not informed everyone in advance what are you gonna do instead of MWO tournament.

#56 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:24 PM

Wow.. phew... that was cool!

We had 40+ people participate over the course of the tournament, and had a lot of fun!Congrats to team Potato

Diet for winning the tournament!

Da Red Goes DA FASTA
Igor Kozyrev
tt1a
Dungeon Keeper
Quintt

We also gave out a number of mech packs. Anyone who preregistered and was there got a chance at one, and we also had trivia challenges!

Look for Sinooko, Michael Knell, MinOtAur hUNterR, and Da Red Goes DA FASTA in their shiny new mechs very soon!
Thank everyone for coming out! I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Peiper

Edited by Peiper, 17 December 2016 - 06:28 PM.

#57 Karthathan

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

I had a blast playing in this tourney. The first part where it was a true lance and an extra was fun, and though my mechs came out without any paint or components it was really fun. The second part was a race to the lights, this mode was new to me and I really enjoyed the challenge it presented. I even had a totally obliterated drunk guy on my team and his ramblings gave me a lot of amusement. Luckily Dungeon Keeper and the others more than made up for this handicap. I enjoyed the last round of trivia because it incorporated the lore aspect that is often overlooked in this game. I will most definitely be doing any other tournaments put out by these players! Thanks for the fun!

Edited by Karthathan, 17 December 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#58 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostDungeon Keeper, on 17 December 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

I have to say that I really disappointed by how this event happened. First time we had awesome games with Emp, SJR and other good teams, that was really fun and we waiting for next one. This time I had to play in randomly assigned team with dead drunk guy who was screaming all the time and later this gone even worse. I cannot believe that tournament ended with BT questions to determine the winners. Sorry to say this, but this tournament was absolutely worst experience for whole time I'm in this game(since close beta). I cannot understand why you have not informed everyone in advance what are you gonna do instead of MWO tournament.

Our tournaments have always been about promoting the community and having a good time. Winning isn't everything, it is a byproduct of a good time. The events you praised regarding our last tournament were part of what caused us to change the format of this one. While you won both tournaments - and that's awesome, really! - the fact was, many players did not return for this tournament because they didn't 'want to be rolled' by super-comp teams. We at the Steiner Hub recognize that in order for there to be winners, there have to be losers. No one wants to be cannon fodder, but the nature of tournaments is that it brings out those teams! You WON every single fight in every single match you played today. Might I suggest that you have no idea how it feels to be your opponent, especially those who are here to have a good time, meet new friends, and build up the community. It was also part of the reason we switched up the format mid-way through the tournament. Some teams would have played you again, and they would have probably not had a good time. There weren't enough teams to extend the bracket out any more without matching up comp teams with casual teams, some of which were made of players who had never met. Your team was declared winner, and we changed the format with the idea that everyone would have a chance at a good time, and I think most players did.

And so, this time, we reversed the prizes. We gave out the lesser prizes to the winners of the tournament, and saved the greater prizes for everyone to have a chance at winning. This way, even those who were smashed over and over had a chance, and it gave them hope. Hope keeps players playing even when they would normally give up. It also means that players who might/could use a hand, newer players or low skill players who grind C-bills at a terribly low rate, will have a chance - not based simply upon their skill as a player - to win something nice for themselves. Mind you, those who won first place, like your team, were STILL eligible for these other prizes. In the case of Da Red goes DA FASTA, he won both the prize for performance AND a prize for trivia. I'd say, your team, overall was amply rewarded for your participation AND performance, considering the prizes were donations and all you had to do to win them was to be there and play!

As far as the drunk guy in your group. Only one person said ANYTHING about him during the drops and he was amused. He thought the guy was funny as hell, and even then, drunk or not, your team STILL won the Race To Lights challenge. However, I understand your concern and I will add to our rules that if you're intoxicated, you're not welcome. I am sorry that happened to you.

As far as this being your worst experience ever in MWO, I would suggest that this tournament format is simply not for you. I have always said, and printed, that this was a COMMUNITY event. It can't both be cut-throat, single elimination AND be a community event. There are several other competitive tournaments out there you can fight in to prove your skill and metal. When asked at the end for feedback, I received overall positive feedback suggesting that the majority of people enjoyed the format, though the switch in format was time consuming. I have already explained our reasons for that.

As far as informing everyone at first what we were going to do; we did. We described the format, and we said that in order to have a chance to win the prizes, you had to be there and you had to register. THAT was the requirement for the chance to win prizes. There were also first place prizes, which you received (or will receive soon). The tournament wasn't traditional, but it was still a tournament, AND it was an MWO tournament as evidenced that we were playing Mechwarrior Online.

Though I do not expect any of what I have written to change your mind, I hope perhaps the explanations for our reasoning will clear things up for you or anyone else that may wonder what was going through our heads. As far as trivia: you're complaining about Battletech trivia questions? Really? Some players are perfect shooters with neckbeards longer than their noses. Some are nerds. Nerds need love too! Posted Image

Edited by Peiper, 17 December 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#59 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

I have to concur with Karthathan, I had loads of fun and laughs during the matches and the trivia challenge. Especially during the "Race to the lights" challenge, when I played with Karthathan, Dungeon Keeper and the drunk "G-man". I didn't mind the "handicap" (not everybody can pull off an OldBob when drunk, if you catch my drift), made me play the "Race to the lights" matches at the edge of my seat, and we did manage to finish that challenge first, so I was really pumped. The tournament finished at around 3AM where I am at, I was still under the influence of adrenaline that I spent the next hour and a half fidgeting in my bed.

Trivia challenge was interesting to me as well, had a lot of fun there as well, mostly due to the general atmosphere and camaraderie shown by other participants. Added a bit of spice and reminded me that we still play a game that is a part of a big universe.

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 17 December 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Posted Image

Damn Facebook bot will be disqualified! No stock loadout. Posted Image

LMAO

Edited by Michael Knell, 18 December 2016 - 03:07 AM.

#60 Dungeon Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:55 AM

Peiper, you got me wrong. I have no need in winning every single event I'm participating, in fact I have way more loses than wins during MWO comp play. Actually playing with random team mates was fun and I have feeling we started to be a team after couple of failed drops, big thanks to Dyhalto, Michael Knell and Karthathan. I hope to play some more with you guys another time. This format allowed exactly what you aimed for: chance to win to every one. My problem with drunk guy was not about his shooting, but general behaviour. When it's 5am and you trying to put some effort to make a team from guys who are seeing each other first time screaming is not welcome.

On other hand lore part was absolutely terrible, for me it sounded like now you can get ... out of here. I read first book already in my thirties and never had any wish to continue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users