228 replies to this topic

#41 JeGGoR

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMontpellier, France

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

I find it beautiful. And I'm happy to see that PGI can add to the lore!

Those early adopters rewards, though... pls give modules back :P

#42 bocephuskhan

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

They give us this before the Charger or Hatamoto?

#43 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:26 PM

View Postbocephuskhan, on 03 December 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

They give us this before the Charger or Hatamoto?

Yep, that's PGI for you.

#44 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

It's April, right?!? RIGHT?!? This has got to be a F'n joke. Wait . . . nevermind . . . it's PGI, so I know it's not.

There are so many things they could have done to truly stand out and do "something that's never been done before" and then they decide they're just going to make an utterly TERRIBLE home-brew chassis that looks like it should have been one of the FUGLY WizKids "MechWarrior: Dark Age" industrial mechs. Remember how badly that game crashed and burned, PGI? Well, you're right on track to share gaming graveyard space with them.

If it wasn't going to be Melee or Quads then you should have said so. Even if the answer was still, "Hey we'd love/hate to but engineering just isn't available for these things."

If it wasn't going to be one of the numerous Iconic mechs that people have been waiting for then you should have said so. You know two IS 65 ton mechs I would have LOVED to see over the crap you're giving us . . . a Crusader or Axman.

Any communication would have been better then to build up the hype and then announce this utter crap.

You spent the last 6 months hyping up Mech Con by answering everyone with "Wait until Mech Con" on nearly every topic and every question. We're just under 4.5 hours until the presentations start (when most people will actually care to bring up twitch) and you're already destroying most players little bit of hopes and desires that they were able to build up. However, sadly, I think you're probably meeting most people's expectations with this abysmal display.

#45 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

Just a heads-s up PGI, the stock loadout of the 1st variant is wrong. 2 missile hardpoints on left torso but you have a machine gun in there by mistake.

#46 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

Personally, I love Industrial Mechs, and the look of the special sealed the deal for me.
I just really like the look of this one, and I'm happy to get another IS 'Mech.
Still waiting on that Flea, though.

#47 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:48 PM

OK I was on the salt train at first guys...But after Alex I. and Randal Bills talk about it, it makes sense. It is pretty much a Solaris design, look at the company sponsor logo's ect. This isn't an issue anymore imo, as long as its is rare. But it was nice to let Alex get a chance at his own mech design. He does deserve that. (Plus what Mechwarrior game has NOT added in a few mechs of their own design?)

Calm down guys, the sky will not fall cause they made a mech of their own. That actually does have believable lore behind it.

#48 Tyberian Thirteenanvel

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Ab

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

I'm not buying this trash. It's not cannon, its not going to be bought. Why would you do this? out of hundreds of mechs, you try to make your own? no, ******* no.

#49 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

It is canon. Catalyst said so.

#50 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Looks hot as **** but the only hardpoint setup which seems workable to me is the hero and one of the reinforcements. Ballistic Overload on a 65t mech? Ain't working.

#51 THumper9669

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 42 posts

This isnt a home brew as was one that was on mech commander and was an easy kill as it came with a guass and 3 med lasers. Light armor and slow as a 63KPH mech. So feel free to buy the goofy mech and wait for the next "do you want to buy a mech pack". Mean while how about adding to the game play as the SOS (same old s**t) is getting to the players. Add some objectives and a few more maps and FIX the rest of the broken features (BUGS!!!). Where is the longbow with ARROW IV cluster rounds?

Edited by THumper9669, 03 December 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#52 Temu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

i kinda like it... other then the industrial lower arms.. the extra length of the lower arms with the mini claws just sort of throw me off. If it had an ECM, though not a critical component, i prob would have considered jumping right on it. Now if they ever did add the Hatamoto it would be insta-purchase, even without the ECM LOL

#53 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

** **** ******** PGI

Edited by Wecx, 03 December 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#54 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

WOW! What a Peace of Cr#P! REALLY?????

STOP IT PGI! You are Killing off your player base! We WANT FW Fixed!!!! We Want more Maps, Objectives, Better game Modes, New Weapons and the List goes on! When you do that,...People will buy New MECHS and come back to playing this game! I have over 300 Mechs and i have been playing this game since the First day of Open Beta, I WILL NOT Buy any more Mechs!

But do not listen to US,....we are the ones that put money in your bank accounts! Just keep killing the Game.

Edited by Mordale, 03 December 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#55 Thomasso

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 54 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 03 December 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

what?

you do know randall bills approved of this mech right?

And? He approved a mech which wasn't present till now and now it jumps out of nowhere. No thanks.
For me this new mech is not a Battletech design and never will be. It wasn't present in BT like over 30 years. For me it is like.. they could also introduce Optimus Prime into MWO saying that from now it will be a BT canon. Yeah sure.. This new mech doesn't belong to BT universe or at least in this timeline we are in now (in MWO).
We have plenty of mechs from a REAL BT timeline they could use (and even revamp, redesign them to look a little bit more.. modern).
One thing.. It really looks cool. I really like this design. It is impressive work.

#56 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostCK16, on 03 December 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

But it was nice to let Alex get a chance at his own mech design. He does deserve that. (Plus what Mechwarrior game has NOT added in a few mechs of their own design?)

Calm down guys, the sky will not fall cause they made a mech of their own. That actually does have believable lore behind it.

Pretty much this. And personally, I think it looks good.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 03 December 2016 - 03:21 PM.

#57 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostTHumper9669, on 03 December 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

This isnt a home brew as was one that was on mech commander and was an easy kill as it came with a guass and 3 med lasers. Light armor and slow as a 63KPH mech. So feel free to buy the goofy mech and wait for the next "do you want to buy a mech pack". Mean while how about adding to the game play as the SOS (same old s**t) is getting to the players. Add some objectives and a few more maps and FIX the rest of the broken features (BUGS!!!). Where is the longbow with ARROW IV cluster rounds?

How about MC2 with that jump jet equipped Atlas ? That's what I want...

View PostWecx, on 03 December 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

** **** ******** PGI

shouldn't it be yourselves not yourself ? PGI is a group of people, not an individual.

#58 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

Ammo based heavy?
Head laser?
Looks like Ripley's loader?
Clamps?!?

Hellz yeah I'll buy this - if only to piss off the forums :) Serious that 1C variant is calling me!

I'm leaving single heat sinks on this bad boy - BRING ON THE INDUSTRIAL MECHS! Where is my Buster and Powerman?!

Edited by stealthraccoon, 03 December 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#59 Verstaka

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:29 PM

Okay PGI, I like the aesthetic of the mech but I have to say I'm not seeing much of a reason to buy it. At 65 tons we already have a wide selection of mechs that fulfill various battlefield roles and this brings nothing new to that tonnage.

Also while the torso hardpoints look wonderful I am worried about those arms. In the artwork they look low slung as hell, and this is coming from someone who likes Cataphracts. I'm sure that in reality they're comparable to the Archer. judging from where those hydraulics are near the shoulders, but still it's very little info to go off of to ask for my money.

Speaking of which, why can't we get $20 mech packs for every chassis at this point? I mean why on earth would I spend $50 or more on the Atlas mastery bundle when I can get 3 Kodiaks for $20. I think that business model would do wonders for newer players build up their collection when they decide what they want their focus to be and it would help you guys as it would encourage people to spend real money on mechs rather than penny pinching their CBILLS.

#60 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

I've applied for refunds over this thing.

I thought for a start it was a clan mech due this month , frankly I wish is was.

People have been calling out for the crusader another 65 ton mech this has been ignored for home brew.

As for being canon, Randle Bills can wear a pink tutu and declare it canon, as much he likes, ignoring many great choices for this thing.

Well just no.

I hope that you appease the whales and the jan mech is the wasp.

Still shaking my head over this ..still disgusted..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users