#61 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:16 AM

> Mech Collision Improvements
Aaaaaauuuuuuuooooooaaaaaa! Finally!! They CAN when they WANT!!!
Well, lets see the result. I hope for the best.
:)

#62 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

> Mech IK
What is it?

#63 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 04 December 2016 - 02:29 AM, said:

> Mech IK
What is it?

Your mech's feet align properly with the ground it stands on.

Posted Image

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 04 December 2016 - 02:51 AM.

#64 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:49 AM

Uh...wow...thats realy realy a lot of stuff.
And realy a lot of stuff I do like to see.Posted Image

BTW nice idea with that repurposed loader mech.

A hint from me as loremonger and Battletech adict....bring periphery mechs.
Since literaly nobody realy knows how many and exactly what little periphery kingdoms and planetary alliances lurk out there you may want to use this loophole for mechs of your own design.

#65 Anastasiuss

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:49 AM

I have the same question. IK? I have no idea what that is.

#66 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

I will keep cautious optimism. I like the idea of Unreal4 and hopeful that MW5 becomes a nice 85% rated or above game to re-pull some of the population back. I am happy to hear of continued development towards FW. Hopefully this means my 20$ mechpacks are being put to good use.

#67 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:12 AM

View PostCrashking, on 03 December 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

They will be giving that back over as Legacy Gxp if you spent it already. You spent your cash, they aren't giving that back. I suspect over time you will max out the new quirk system with mech xp and thus have left over mech xp again.. unless you buy a 2nd or more of the same mech which will have to have all the quirks unlock on that mech individual as explained during Russ time on stream.

Will we though? Unless costs per mechs are cheap there are massively more mechs than modules. Particularly if you like to max out every mechs which till now just meant mastering.

Will I really want to drop gxp into mech I'm not sure of like the Ice Ferret or Dragon and will that therefore mean they're doubly glimpsed under the new system?

Edited by Aramuside, 04 December 2016 - 03:37 AM.

#68 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:12 AM

Looking back at 2k16 and what's in store for 2k17 I have to say I'm not an unsatisfied customer.

I would buy the roughneck, too, but could you please work on those hardpoints. Abyssmal loadout possibilties.

#69 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:16 AM

View PostCathy, on 04 December 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

We'll see

Indeed. While I'm very excited for MW5, I'm taking a wait and see approach to MWO. I doubt they'll be able to salvage FW, and the skill trees... In theory I like it, but there's a hell of a lot of ways those can go really, horribly wrong as well. Also, PGI. So, yeah.

We'll see.

View PostDreadgorth, on 04 December 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

Standard PGI, Bait and switch.
How do you figure? Paying for XP to GXP conversion allowed you to play mechs fully mastered earlier, it did nothing else. You got what you paid for, and I'm certain have earned sufficient XP on each of those mechs by now to have mastered them "legitimately".

Even today, knowing the skill revamp is coming, there's every bit as much reason to convert XP>GXP as there was before: using stuff at enhanced levels sooner.

None of that is lost.

View PostAnastasiuss, on 04 December 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

I have the same question. IK? I have no idea what that is.
answered several times in this thread already, including two posts above yours.

#70 Major0103

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:24 AM

A quite exciting post. However, have you noticed that this annoucement sets some horizon for the MWO lifecycle? Cause if this MW5 will be any good, the next step is to cease MWO and start MWO2 on the new engine and with a new mechanics based on it. By the way this is how it should be from the very beginning - a stand alone single player game as a footing for going online. It makes more sense in terms of desing, experience and financig than what happened to MWO. Well, lets hope for no law suits breaking in this time and that PGI can compile what they've learned.

Edited by Major0103, 04 December 2016 - 03:24 AM.

#71 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

View PostAppogee, on 04 December 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

You do realise that's just a cinematic, right?

It's not in-game footage.

Just like the MW5 trailer that never turned into a game, It's an aspirational artist's impression of the game they would like to create, assuming they are funded, capable, not lying again, etc.

No... it wasn't. That was gameplay, Russ was playing it, they stated that. You can check.

It even had "Pre-Alpha 0.0.7" watermarked somewhere over the video.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 04 December 2016 - 03:26 AM.

#72 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

View PostAppogee, on 04 December 2016 - 12:10 AM, said:

Thank you for the commitment to refund all the Modules and XP spent to date.
(Now you're not going to double/triple/quadruple the XP requirements under the new system, are you?)

I'm pretty sure Russ actually mentioned it would take more XP with the new skill tree system since you are spending XP on each individual mech to get whatever the skill tree replacements for the removed modules in addition to spending to get anything equivalent to the current skill tree bonuses. And by individual mech, that means each individual mech you own, not per variant as it is currently, so you can have multiple mechs of the same variant, but have spent XP for differing skills on each of those mechs.

#73 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:35 AM

View PostAppogee, on 04 December 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Of course it will be. I predict it will require 3 times the XP to unlock vs the previous system.

PGI have players who will be sitting on hundreds of million of XP once they refund it. So they will create a much more extensive Mech tree with a lot more grind as an 'incentive' for us to continue to play and level new Mechs.

Ok I missed something - where is the hundreds of millions coming from as its just what 57.25k or so per mech. Even with say 400 mechs mastered that's 22.9m with the GXP amounts being minimal. I agree on the grind though it's going to be on a whole new level and horrible for a newer player.

I get peoples comments about MC to GXP as seems a huge waste now if it is a 1 for 1 conversion under the new system. GXP were much more precious till now!

The implications for a nicely quirked up mechs under the new setup must have tourney and farming people salivating but it's almost a disincentive to level new mechs.

#74 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:46 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 04 December 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

BTW nice idea with that repurposed loader mech.

A hint from me as loremonger and Battletech adict....bring periphery mechs.
Since literaly nobody realy knows how many and exactly what little periphery kingdoms and planetary alliances lurk out there you may want to use this loophole for mechs of your own design.

I actually really dislike Industrial Mechs, and almost everything from Dark Ages. The only saving grace for their flavor text background on the Roughneck is the Solaris aspect of it, where it would actually fit with the Solaris source book material. It might have been a better move for PGI to have bundled this in some way to a more fleshed out Solaris game mode (containing it's own queues and leaderboards, etc), maybe going so far as to have a Roughneck as a reward for the release challenge event for the game mode or something.

#75 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

View PostPihoqahiak, on 04 December 2016 - 03:46 AM, said:

I actually really dislike Industrial Mechs, and almost everything from Dark Ages. The only saving grace for their flavor text background on the Roughneck is the Solaris aspect of it, where it would actually fit with the Solaris source book material. It might have been a better move for PGI to have bundled this in some way to a more fleshed out Solaris game mode (containing it's own queues and leaderboards, etc), maybe going so far as to have a Roughneck as a reward for the release challenge event for the game mode or something.

Curious why you really dislike industrial mechs.

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 04 December 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

No... it wasn't. That was gameplay, Russ was playing it, they stated that. You can check.

It even had "Pre-Alpha 0.0.7" watermarked somewhere over the video.

Was very pleasantly surprised. The AC even seemed to behave like an AC....

#76 Notorious Meerkat

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:55 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 December 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

Thank you for your playing, MechWarriors.

No. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
With HBS working on turn-based game and you building up new mercenaries, at long last we might witness a proper revival of the franchise. I couldn't be happier with this, cheers!

#77 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

View PostAramuside, on 04 December 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

Ok I missed something - where is the hundreds of millions coming from as its just what 57.25k or so per mech. Even with say 400 mechs mastered that's 22.9m with the GXP amounts being minimal.

The person you are replying to most likely was including the XP you continue to earn on mechs after Mastering them. I have many mechs with anywhere between 300k-2.5 million xp on them. That extra XP on mechs in those situations will be useful to cover the increased cost that will be needed to cover the higher demand for XP in the new skill tree. The grind will definitely be more than the current grind per individual mech, but that will be mitigated for a lot of people by the new system removing the need to grind 3 variants of a chassis through the basic skills before being able to progress to the elite skill on any of those variants.

Edited by Pihoqahiak, 04 December 2016 - 04:11 AM.

#78 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:20 AM

Everything is fine. But there is one sentence that annihilate the whole text:
Roughneck (the first, all-new canon 'Mech designed by Alex Iglesias and Piranha Games)
I appreciate Alex´s work. But please, there are so many Mechs you can design, stay by the lore.

Edited by Grottenolm, 04 December 2016 - 04:23 AM.

#79 Midgie

Swaybacked

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 192 posts
  • LocationThe unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:34 AM

Wow, PGI has been busy. Amazing news, guys, but can I ask for one thing for Christmas? Can I get a revamp on the Victor's missile tubes so that it has at least as many as the thirty-ton lighter Centurion? It would make the chassis so much more viable.

#80 Geldrin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:45 AM

What do they mean under "Mech' IK"?

I searched for it, but found nothing...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users