Please Pgi, Don't Kill Your Own Game...

95 replies to this topic

#81 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

You are sounding very bitter here..you moving on ?

#82 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:24 AM

Even a 1-1 conversion may not turn out fair. The only really fair way to do this is if you unlocked the mech, then it stays unlocked and on patch day it becomes a fully unlocked ( max possible points) under the new system. Then you can do away with all the xp completely and nobody is gonna complain. Any other way is going to cause friction for somebody.

Edited by Burke IV, 06 December 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#83 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 05 December 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

I don't know about you (or I guess I do know), but this is exactly what I wanted. I'm still skeptical about how low-tier mechs will benefit, or if they should lose all their armor/structure quirks, but this is a good way to shake up the meta we've been stuck with for years. Also bare in mind that all of this will go into the PTS first.

WARNING: CREDIBILITY AT 0%

View PostMister Blastman, on 06 December 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

Are there quirks that pertain to jump jet height, recharge rate, lift rate and maximum PPCs? Is ghost heat going away, too?

Ghoest heat is not, but there are jump jet lift rate quirks, at least, and "vectoring" which sounds like it gives you forward jump motion.

#84 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

Seems fairly straight forward, they make it to grindy, people give up, they make the progression reasonable, it will be far better than we have.

Still trying to work out why anyone would buy mech bays and preorder packs for mechs likely to be bad though, if every mech is made to operate off the same baseline, be it Timberwolf or Orion

Edited by Cathy, 06 December 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#85 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 December 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Ghoest heat is not, but there are jump jet lift rate quirks, at least, and "vectoring" which sounds like it gives you forward jump motion.

Meh. Needs upward mobility and recharge--those are the two factors that killed poptarting and ruined the HGN 733C. The heat did as well--but I don't see that ever changing and it is good that it won't.

Vectoring just smashes your face against brick walls, though I can see how it might be useful in some situations.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 06 December 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#86 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

I was hoping vectoring was how hard LRMs track :)

#87 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostTycho von Gagern, on 05 December 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

First off, everyone goes without radar derp or seismic until they get the gxp to unlock it. We all learned how to play the game without it. If you've forgotten, maybe this is just what you need.

Secondly, radar derp and seismic were available in the demo I saw. Calm down. It's gonna be okay, buddy.

Well 'buddy' before you go off being condescending, my point was not that it would be unavailable. I said the concern was the increased grind and it no longer being equipable immediately. To be clear for you, again the issue is now taking a suboptimal (that means not as good) mech, and having to wait to equip radar deprivation until after much grinding.

Really hope this clears it up for you. Also hope that you have yourself a fantastic day....

#88 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

If I had to time/willingness to master 200 mechs, then PGI waves a wand and makes my 100% completed skill tree into a 4% completed skill tree, I'd be devastated. To get any of those mechs back to 100 without stealing XP from another mech, you're gonna have to run literally hundreds of battles per mech. Bleh.

#89 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

better start making noise now, seems like the more mechs you got the more its going to hurt. If this goes ahead an unlocked much under the old system must turn into an unlocked mech under the new one.

Edited by Burke IV, 06 December 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#90 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 06 December 2016 - 03:25 AM, said:

Seismic was often discussed. You really haven't followed the forums.

Personally I think seismic needs to go - or at least hard to access in the info tech tree. If assaults and heavies do not need to sacrifice something substantial for it, then nothing will change. Then light mechs can finally flank again

Fair enough as I have only been active for the last ten months. However I am very, very active and am on a lot of TS servers and was a part of one of the largest units and am still closely associated with them.

As far as seismic needing to go. Absolutely not. No way, no how. Lights can flank, and skilled light pilots will tear apart an assault with or without seismic. Giving lights the ability to sneak up at will behind any slow mech is definitely not the answer the vast majority playing this game wants.

To make more than two lights viable again is in the error that was the recent rescale.

#91 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:08 AM

I'm totally open to the changes PGI are making, increased grind is needed, i'm hoping all mechs get reset too.
A fresh start, lets say, change is good :)

#92 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:32 AM

View Post197mmCannon, on 06 December 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

I love the idea of multiple factions all fighting for their own cause. I was a Kurita loyalist until some friends talked me into trying clans out. I understand completely wanting to stick to one faction.

But CW is dead. Without several hundred active players in each faction then it won't work. All it takes is one top tier merc team to pick one faction and start start steam rolling their enemy faction, making those players less likely to play, and now the snowball is rolling.

One of the things that drove me to stop playing (I'm back now obviously) is that every time PGI would try to adjust something for the sake of game balance people would start screaming about how the game wasn't faithful to tabletop. I got so sick of seeing "That's not how it is in TT" posts because they changed the cooldown time of a weapon.

I'm willing to bet that the hardcore lore nuts that refuse to play alongside such and such house (they are people like you, playing a game) are in the extreme minority. I am glad PGI is shaking things up and making big changes. I have dumped a ton of money into this game and want it to have an active community.

Just for clarity I am here because of love for the video games MW3, and MW4 Mercs which I absolutely loved. As far as these players being in the minority? Well I think it is higher than you think.

While I appreciate where the game came from and its lore and history, TT and how it worked do not translate well to a FPS and are largely irrelevant. For this game to have an active community however, we need to listen to at least, those minorities of players that still have significant numbers (not talking about complete outliers).

My opinion and my understanding is that Faction Play was really missing decent or varied maps, and meaningfulness to the mode. Events really help with populating the mode, however (again my understanding and opinion) winning planets is trivial at best. The MC was a nice idea but I think that there would be more if there was other perks, even ones not neccessarily tied to monitary gain.

#93 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostMacClearly, on 06 December 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

To be clear for you, again the issue is now taking a suboptimal (that means not as good) mech, and having to wait to equip radar deprivation until after much grinding.

So, basically how everyone has to play while they save up 15k gxp to unlock radar deprivation.

Look, I get it. You can't hack it without derp. I don't know how the new skill tree is going to shape up, whether you will have enough xp to get radar deprivation immediately. You're scared, and I understand. It's gonna be tough for you and Evil Goof. Everyone knows LRM's are so OP. But if you try really hard, believe in yourself, and don't give up, I'm sure you'll manage to make it through to unlock radar deprivation again in the new skill tree. And, hey, maybe along the way you'll learn to move in cover, bring AMS and group with other teammates with AMS, torso twist, and all the other LRM counters that everyone but the most suboptimal (that means not as good) players "unlocks" without a module.

You can do it!

#94 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostTycho von Gagern, on 06 December 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

So, basically how everyone has to play while they save up 15k gxp to unlock radar deprivation.

Look, I get it. You can't hack it without derp. I don't know how the new skill tree is going to shape up, whether you will have enough xp to get radar deprivation immediately. You're scared, and I understand. It's gonna be tough for you and Evil Goof. Everyone knows LRM's are so OP. But if you try really hard, believe in yourself, and don't give up, I'm sure you'll manage to make it through to unlock radar deprivation again in the new skill tree. And, hey, maybe along the way you'll learn to move in cover, bring AMS and group with other teammates with AMS, torso twist, and all the other LRM counters that everyone but the most suboptimal (that means not as good) players "unlocks" without a module.

You can do it!

Ok I get it. Basic reading and comprehension just are not your thing. I won't bother trying to explain or make any point to someone who is just stubbornly ignorant and a waste of time talking to. This will only decend further and I already dislike you enough.

#95 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

View PostMacClearly, on 05 December 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

I have never in my life seen a company so disconnected from their own product and customers.

At first i was like .... o isn't he cute... Then i looked at the age of your account and i was like Dude you know better.

#96 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostTombstoner, on 07 December 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

At first i was like .... o isn't he cute... Then i looked at the age of your account and i was like Dude you know better.

What does this mean?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users