How Is There Such A Big Diff In T1 And T2?

104 replies to this topic

#101 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 09 December 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

Dayleet was Tier 2 at that particular time of posting as I'd seen it myself.

I was under the impression that was supposed to be a T1 facing a T5 which should never happen. If true he was a T2, then there is no big revelation as it was only said of T1s to never being matched with T4-5s. The +/- 2 tier thing as far as I understood it shouldn't be contradicting the hard statement about PSR never matching T1s with 4-5s.

Everything else was fair game and never contridicted that statement, PSR was out for 6months or more before Russ even said in a town hall that the MM tier spread was even set to +/- 2.

#102 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 09 December 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yes, Tier 3 can play anyone - it's a total "spread" of two tiers, meaning that you can get into games two tiers lower than you if the game was seeded as a tier lower (however the game does that.) It's the documented instances of Tier 5 players being Matched With Tier 1 that should disturb us.

Lot of it would also depend on the Tier of seeded player and the available population who is currently searching for a game. Tier 1 being dropped into Tier 4+3+2 could have meant he was the odd man out, literally. Without knowing the other tiers and the tier of the seeded player, it is simply the MM opening up to fill the spot.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 10 December 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#103 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 10 December 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

The spread mechanic was in place even they switched to PSR. It was the old elo system that didnt have a large spread, leading to high elo people waiting 45+ minutes to find a match. That is why there is a range and why it relaxes in low pop time, because high tier people will end up sitting in queue indefinitely. No one wants to play searchwarrior

View PostTarl Cabot, on 10 December 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Lot of it would also depend on the Tier of seeded player and the available population who is currently searching for a game. Tier 1 being dropped into Tier 4+3+2 could have meant he was the odd man out, literally. Without knowing the other tiers and the tier of the seeded player, it is simply the MM opening up to fill the spot.

They've said several times that there are no population-based 'release valves' any more. So if there are no more release valves, we're only looking at the matchmaker's spread values. That means that no matter where the game is seeded, a Tier 1 should not be eligible for a match containing a tier 4 or 5. If this is occurring - and it seems it is - then we need clarification on the undocumented change, or to log the bug with support. There's no reason to assume that there are legacy systems intended to be in the matchmaker but which have never been discussed and which we have been told are not there.

Edited by Void Angel, 10 December 2016 - 01:33 PM.

#104 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

Well... the very next match I had after that last post I made, a dude named "Sarneegan" on my team who said he just got his first mech, and I asked his tier. To which he replied 4. I kinda want to believe him looking at how many games he has played and when he started (I'm T1 btw). I asked him to post on the forum but doubt that will happen.

https://mwomercs.com...4913-sarneegan/

Posted Image

Edited by Ghogiel, 10 December 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#105 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, send that to Support. The whole reason we have a Tier system is to group players who have (broadly) similar levels of experience - and one of the stated goal of the system was to stop newbies from wandering into people like, well, like us. Because that's less fun for everyone, and least of all for them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users