who?

#103 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:37 AM

you know, the group that everyone thought was the best, and yet never really was. The team that everybody left their Clans and houses to join and in the end went nowhere.

one thing they did do, inflate whatever faction they were with.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 13 December 2016 - 01:38 AM.

#104 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:37 AM

You mean those freebirth rejects, who you run in to where 3 or 4 are on one team, and then there is a few on the other team.. and there all like ..

o7 oh flirty flirty hugs ands kisses... Then then when you kill all of them they cry like girls?

oh yeah... i remember killing a few of those CivCo rejects

#105 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:50 AM

Wait.. Mercstar disbanded?

Why?

What happened?

Who's gonna win Tukayyid tournaments now?

Oh my.. Maybe the rest of the units will have a chance now..

#106 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:39 AM

View PostDarkBazerker, on 13 December 2016 - 01:20 AM, said:

Ok I just have to ask. Who is Mercstar?

you must be a oceanic player that never touched FW to not know this. Because it's like asking what a car is.

#107 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:54 AM

View PostBombast, on 11 December 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

Not to be an *** or anything, but... units that require admission fees are prone to things like this. It's like CS:GO trades going bad - Of COURSE you're going to get ripped off. The only people taking fees/trading are scammers.

EVE Online is, of course, an exception to that. But isn't EVE always an exception?

Long time ago, the corporation I was in at EVE got majorly embezzled. All the ISK ruthlessly earned from running missions to hours mining asteroids --- gone. The developers of EVE Online called such in game acts of embezzlement "player created content".

#108 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:46 AM

View PostAnjian, on 13 December 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

Long time ago, the corporation I was in at EVE got majorly embezzled. All the ISK ruthlessly earned from running missions to hours mining asteroids --- gone. The developers of EVE Online called such in game acts of embezzlement "player created content".

I have one to beat that. In EVE I was killed by someone in the Corp I was in and pod killed, in a .9 security sector, and the forces did nothing about it. I reported it as an exploit and they told me "Aww did they hurt your feelings?" so I said **** off and stopped spending money there.

EVE is quite literally a second job you are trying to find exploitable loop holes to play. It is why I am excited about star citizen. When it gets off the ground I will enjoy destroying pirates, and they actually get hunted for pulling shifty events instead of a "Well guess they are smarter than you. You only got set back three months you should be grateful."

#109 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:58 AM

Good

#110 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:20 AM

Seriously guys, why did Mercstar split up? Posted Image

#111 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:30 AM

Damn. Hard time for puggels. With SWOL and now MS gone, which unit can they realistically hope to beat in 12 man vs. Pug matches. Kek.

#112 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:35 AM

View PostKwea, on 12 December 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

Except that the unit didn't disband, Antonius Rex still has an alt placeholder in it, so he can restart at any time, using those funds to do whatever he wants at this point.

It was a **** move, but it wasn't to make any money or MC. If he wanted to do that he could have kept the MC in the MS coffers rather than pass it out the last weekend. You CAN distribute MC to individuals as unit leader.

Not many people will trust Antonious Rex again.

Guess he could at any point decide to restart MS and take it in any direction he wanted with your donated cbills funding it. Or if PGI ever changed it where cbills could be paid out to members he would be the only member....so yeah. Ceding control of the unit would have been the thing to do in my book.
Sorry it went down like this for you guys and I wish you guys the best with whatever comes next.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 13 December 2016 - 05:39 AM.

#113 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:20 AM

In response to Lily from animove

I have only started playing faction warfare since June this year. I also did not know much of who the big groups were or are. I guess I do not know what a car is either. Point being you should not assume that everyone knows as much as the people who have been here from the start or posted 11000 plus posts on the MWO forums.

(Yay, 1000 posts, but technically only 9 are mine so far.)

#114 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostPeter Wolf 359, on 13 December 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

In response to Lily from animove

I have only started playing faction warfare since June this year. I also did not know much of who the big groups were or are. I guess I do not know what a car is either. Point being you should not assume that everyone knows as much as the people who have been here from the start or posted 11000 plus posts on the MWO forums.

(Yay, 1000 posts, but technically only 9 are mine so far.)

how are 9 technically only yours? did you bought the account or got it form someone else?

But in the end, you see wiht coming to FW so late it's like being a knight warped into the future, you surely cannot know what a car is.

So to epxlain you the car, MS was the most active most oversized unit one can think of which ruled and decided most FW by simply flooding the battlefields. But since they weren't the lowest of skilled players that was going successfully into their direction and whatever faction they have chose they won tons of planets for them.

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 December 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#115 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 December 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

how are 9 technically only yours? did you bought the account or got it form someone else?

But in the end, you see wiht coming to FW so late it's like being a knight warped into the future, you surely cannot know what a car is.

So to epxlain you the car, MS was the most active most oversized unit one can think of which ruled and decided most FW by simply flooding the battlefields. But since they weren't the lowest of skilled players that was going successfully into their direction and whatever faction they have chose they won tons of planets for them.

and basically unbalanced..well...everything.

#116 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostDarkBazerker, on 13 December 2016 - 01:20 AM, said:

Ok I just have to ask. Who is Mercstar?

A better quesrion is "What is Mercstar"?

Basically it was a collective of active and good units.
The underlying goal for many members of MS was to have good players to drop with if the unit they belonged to wasn't online at any given time.

eg: I was in MS, but my internal unit was the 77th Grey Guards (one of many MS units) Normally my preference was to drop with other 77th members, but if none were around I could hop in with any other MS unit drops and know I would be getting reliable and good players to drop with as well as drop commanders.

#117 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

Mercstar has disbanded. Meh.

Edited by LastKhan, 13 December 2016 - 08:54 AM.

#118 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

I recall when a different unit I was in required a 5 million cbill donation when coffers first went live. I laughed at them as I walked out the door even though I could easily have afforded it.

Later on when I was part of a different unit and PGI put in their silly recruitment cost a bunch of elitest rules were put in because of concerns about how much it was going to cost the unit to recruit. After some attempts at compromise and none taken I left them too.

You need to find a unit that wants you to join them. If they want you to beg/pay to join then odds are they are not worth your time. The cost to invite someone even for a unit in the 130 member range is not to high if it is spread across all the members.(I worked it out once I think it was like 50k I could be remembering wrong). It is really high for one person to pay though especially if that is a new person.

Even if you are inviting 10 people a week that is 500k. Thats basicly what an average player can earn in 2 to 5 matches. Im sure active players will pull more than that in a week.

Any unit that requires recruitment fees is one you should not be joining. At least thats how I feel about it.

#119 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

View PostCementi, on 13 December 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

I recall when a different unit I was in required a 5 million cbill donation when coffers first went live. I laughed at them as I walked out the door even though I could easily have afforded it.

Later on when I was part of a different unit and PGI put in their silly recruitment cost a bunch of elitest rules were put in because of concerns about how much it was going to cost the unit to recruit. After some attempts at compromise and none taken I left them too.

You need to find a unit that wants you to join them. If they want you to beg/pay to join then odds are they are not worth your time. The cost to invite someone even for a unit in the 130 member range is not to high if it is spread across all the members.(I worked it out once I think it was like 50k I could be remembering wrong). It is really high for one person to pay though especially if that is a new person.

Even if you are inviting 10 people a week that is 500k. Thats basicly what an average player can earn in 2 to 5 matches. Im sure active players will pull more than that in a week.

Any unit that requires recruitment fees is one you should not be joining. At least thats how I feel about it.

Any unit that requires members to pay into it sets off alarms in my head. Donations appreciated, but not required.

On the other hand, I can almost understand the mindset that only serious applicants will apply if they need to cover their recruiting costs.

#120 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

Response to Lily from Animove

I recieved this account from a relative.

Thanks for the input so basically this group had the highest population and could field more teams on more fronts more frequently.

I guess that may start a new debate on whether it is a team of champions versus a champion team. In this case it just sounds like overwhelming numbers.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users