Mwo Holiday Events 2016!

231 replies to this topic

#161 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

i'm jinxed. whenever there's a grand prize i'm hoping to get, nothing no matter how much I played.

the last two where I couldn't care if I got them or not? I get them in my bonus stockings for buying one of the mech packages without playing a single match.

#162 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

Missed the Skirmish faction play stage. Does this mean that I have to wait for 5 hours or so do be able to play it again? If so, then I should not even bother to complete all parts of the event...

#163 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

Eh Sorry,

how to finish the daily Event today (Win a Skirmish CW-Match) - when there is any other Mode but not the matching one for Hours?

atm Its Assault-Mode only...

#164 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 21 December 2016 - 02:22 AM, said:

Go here:
https://mwomercs.com/profile/redeem

Enter the following:
MechWarriorOnline_Gift_2016

And you should get it.

How long from now is it still possible to get this? I'm not sure I want to use it yet, but at the same time I wouldn't want to run out of time to actually activate it. :(

~D. V. "Asking the unusual question about time..." Devnull

#165 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 19 December 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

[...]
This Gift Code Expires Jan 3rd, 2017.
[...]

I had the same Question and found this...

#166 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

This event really sucks! waiting almost 3 hours to get a FP Skirmish mode! still no luck!
Thanks PGIPosted Image

After 5 hours still no skirmish mode! It just goes back and fort from Assult to Conquest and Conquest to Assult.
Giving up today's challenge too!Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 21 December 2016 - 01:24 PM.

#167 Gelrik

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

Literally zero chance for todays prize, just cause my team is winning the one planet I can fight on in Faction Play. No chance at a skirmish win at all. Love events and free stuff, but missing out because we can't control timing is annoying. As a side note, the entire mode is fairly unrealistic anyway. Cool to have the new options but seriously we're taking a whole planet and only fighting on one front apparently doing only one thing at a time. Yeah right. Make it randomized which type of match you get. Maybe each step changes the ratios. First stage all skirmish, 2nd skirmish and domination with more domination as you progress up the bar. 3rd skirmish, dom and capture, more capture less of the others as you progress up, etc etc. Would simulate a multi-front war way better. Not that it matters. At least we could avoid being stuff in a loop of only one game type though.

#168 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Skirmish mode was possible at the beginning of the new combat phase...which meant staying up to 1 or 2am just to access it (all while dodging disconnects-thank you Comcast).

Now, my concern is what happens with Conquest...if the combat percentage on the tug-of-war doesn't hang at that threshhold, that means we, once again, will fail the challenge not out of lack of skill, but because the match type is simply unavailable based on the attack phase's progression.

This...is completely unfair producing a challenge with the win condition locked to this mode. I have repeatedly warned PGI not to host challenges based on specific map types or modes for this exact reason.

Looks like it's going to be another very late night for me...

#169 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

The joke is.. If PGI just told us something simple like: "Play 2 CW (any!) and 3 Scouting matches for this-or-that daily event prize"... Players had played without any extra stress and become their daily prize,... and PGI had their needed daily population.... And everyone would be happy.. could just enjoy the holidays...

But, nooo....

#170 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 21 December 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

The joke is.. If PGI just told us something simple like: "Play 2 CW (any!) and 3 Scouting matches for this-or-that daily event prize"... Players had played without any extra stress and become their daily prize,... and PGI had their needed daily population.... And everyone would be happy.. could just enjoy the holidays...

But, nooo....

I agree. Playing just standard CW irregardless of the match type would've made alot more sense. And hell, they could've upped it to say "play [a larger amount of CW matches]" or "score 2000 damage total in CW" which would've meant playing 2-4 times to achieve said challenge, but no!

You know why? Because they don't understand how their own combat system works and how people of different timezones are impacted by it!

Here's your numbers.

If every victory grants 3.33% to a given side, and let's say 4 matches were being played at once (assuming we have 96 people playing community warfare at any one time), while factoring in matches that take 30 minutes at length, with Conquest accessible as the "third block" between a 40-60% winning thresshold for any one side...that means one side will tip the scales 13.32% in its favor every half hour with consistent victory.

With Clans demonstrating this, that means to unlock Conquest mode, you will have to play/wait an hour and a half at least to get the tug-of-war to dip into the 40% thresshold, assuming Clans win consistently throughout the evening.

For those getting home at 8-9pm on the USA East Coast, you will find yourself in the middle of the last attack phase with barely enough time to get a match in on Conquest mode. Miss it, and you're stuck waiting until 1am the next morning. Waiting for Conquest mode at THAT time means you're up until 2:30am just to get the right mode you need in order to win the daily challenge.

In my case, my team will be asleep by then, and there's no way in hell on this green earth that I'm dropping by myself in Community Warfare. I'm part of a unit-I shouldn't have to!

Now...here's your question...is a Kodiak head in your cockpit worth staying up THAT late with work/school in the morning?

Edited by Commander A9, 21 December 2016 - 08:55 PM.

#171 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

Geez... and the Pilots' all getting screwed over continues. I just lost out on 'Day 8' for multiple reasons, even though I was putting everything I had into it during the final two hours of the day cycle, and only had that chance to try to strike at it. If things keep going this way, I don't even have a chance of getting the things for Day 10 or Day 12. Worse, I'll likely get screwed out of a bundle of the Loot Bags too, directly because of this new "Tug of War" Faction Warfare mechanic! There's way beyond too many factors blocking most Pilots from getting the items for those days, including...
  • Timing of Match
  • Time of Day in Real Life
  • Other Pilots' Skill Level, both on Your Team and the Enemy Team
  • Requirement of Particular Game Mode
  • Requirement of Needed Win
  • Requirement of Minimum Match Score
  • The PGI-built MatchMaker's Search Algorithm (More than likely referrable to as "Naive RNG"...)
...and possibly at least one or two things that I'm unaware of. That's far too many factors potentially beyond the control of the Pilot trying to achieve the Daily 'Mechmas Challenges! THIS IS SOME OF YOUR WORST EVENT DESIGN, AND IS WAY BEYOND UNFAIR AND THOROUGHLY WRONG, PGI!!! IT'S ABOUT BLOODY DAMN TIME YOU FIX YOUR MISTAKE AND APOLOGIZE FOR SLAPPING PEOPLE IN THE FACE DURING THE HOLIDAYS!!! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "You know me, PGI... I don't get this angry until you actually screw up." Devnull

[Edit by author for missed thoughts.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 21 December 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#172 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:41 PM

Someone tweat Russ, please, and tell him his knowledge of time zones and people's work schedules is lacking!

#173 MortZA

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

Welp, didn't get the day 8 event done.

No skirmish phase during my play time window.

#174 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

Just got home...attack gradiant is at assault...and it's only going to go into Invasion mode right after.

So, I'll be stuck waiting until 2am or 3am to get the qualifying mode. Worse off, my team will all be asleep, so unless I bring myself to pug it up in CW (which I shouldn't have to because I'm part of a unit, thank you), I won't be getting THIS challenge!

Come on Russ! You can't do this to the good hard-working people and/or students of the East Coast!

Update: Waited till 3am just to experiment...and the tug-of-war was STILL on Skirmish.

Forget the Kodiak head! I have to be up at 8am for work the next morning!

Edited by Commander A9, 22 December 2016 - 10:41 AM.

#175 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:35 PM

My stocking stuffer event isn't working for any mode except assault still. Will this get fixed?

#176 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 December 2016 - 06:35 PM, said:

My stocking stuffer event isn't working for any mode except assault still. Will this get fixed?

Not for me ...
... only assault is counted.

#177 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

It looks like the faction play challenges are a bust. I'm just going to shelf those. I'll try to complete the non-FP challenges though.

#178 Tuberouscrop

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

View PostKroete, on 22 December 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Not for me ...

are you sure you just haven't checked the different game mode tabs?

#179 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

Ah, Day 10 is about to begin! Your prize? A Kodiak Head! Your conditions? Win on Conquest mode in FW, a mode unlocked only after one side achieves 40%-60% victory in the tug of war, and is disqualified outside of those percentiles.

Let's go through my nightly timeline, and while we're at it, let's go through the nightly timeline of working people or school students on the East Coast of the United States, shall we?

7pm USA EST = 0000 GMT: Day 10 of the competition begins...a good number of students and working people are still at work and unable to log in. New attack phase begins. Me? I'm still at work here in New Jersey.
8pm USA EST = 0100 GMT: working shifts end, if that. The drive home begins. Attack phase in progress.
*Or I could get held up at work and not even leave the building till 8:20pm!
9pm USA EST = 0200 GMT: the commute home ends (for me, at 9:01pm). Now it's time for dinner, unless you choose to forego it in favor of a videogame, or time with your family. Is your Community Warfare team online yet?
9:07pm EST = 0207 GMT: I, and other East Coast players log on...only to discover the tug-of-war is 90% in favor of one side...which now means that we fail today's challenge not because of lack of skill, but because the game type mode we need to qualify for the challenge is unavailable for playing!

Way to freakin' discount everyone on the US East Coast, PGI! Solution? Stop tying challenges into specific maps or game types! Just make it 3 wins in Community Warfare or something!

-we shall see how the rest of the night goes once I get home, because guess what? I'm still at work!

Edited by Commander A9, 22 December 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#180 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostKroete, on 22 December 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Not for me ...

Ok that's good. :) I am having the same thing, means they will get around to fixing it some time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users