Hot-Fix Now Scheduled For 15-Dec-2016

124 replies to this topic

#101 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 December 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Frankly, having a larger Community matters a hell of a lot more than sticking rigidly to Lore like a Rule instead of the Guideline that it should only be considered as with an Online game like this.

#preach

#102 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostAzerius Mezinar, on 16 December 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Has anyone been getting super bad lag of late? I don't know what's going on, but either the servers need a reset/restart, or something. I have been consistently getting some pretty bad lag in all of my scouting matches today, while the Innersphere people I am fighting are saying they're not having any lag problems.

Wasn't getting lag this bad in the previous patches.
It seems PGI broke the renderer. There are freezes even while on the main screen!

#103 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

The additonal (+15t IS / -10t Clan) = 25t = 300t does not show on the thug of war still 100% for Claner.

so the disparity of skilled vs unskilled pilots > 300t.

so the next bing thing to balance amount of good players on each side.

#104 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 December 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

We will *never* see an end to the salt no matter what they do.

There are BT enthusiasts here.

There are MW enthusiasts here.

And there's the rest of us somewhere in between.

We all have different expectations of how things should be, but the reality is that its in PGIs best interest to have active population reasonably balanced (i am guessing 40/60 worst case) with each side winning *roughly* 50% of the time so they can say there is some semblance of balance. I don't know how much more they can do without forcing people to group up so you don't get groups of 12 pugs vs a premade...

PGI, can't make people use teamwork(psst i hear that crap is OP) or optimal builds to match a situation. All they can do is normalize the population and hope the potatos on both sides cancel out.

I'm also not a lore {Godwin's Law} either, I'm just pointing out that tech-wise, they seem to be sticking to it being that way. I mean, i'd LOVE to have a Mangonel in my Mech bay, it just isn't likely to be showing up any time remotely soon, if ever, given it's a Clan Wolf-in-Exile/Kell Hounds Jihad-era BattleMech with a light fusion engine and twin Light Gauss that doesn't even show up till 3079.

the honest thing we need is simply the meta getting killed as much as possible, so people aren't really shoehorned into certain factions or mechs. the Quirk wipe coming soon™ will help with that.

#105 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

Okay, I have detected a BIG PROBLEM. It happens as thus...
  • Throw UAV Up to Spot Enemy Forces.
  • Friendly Mech doesn't see the Friendly Triangle over a Friendly UAV.
  • Friendly Mech lacks mentality to check with "Q" Key.
  • Friendly Mech shoots Friendly UAV down because they're trained to consider UAVs Lacking Triangle as Enemy UAVs.
  • Whole Team gets Betrayed by accident, and can end up losing a Match.
...and this has unfortunately happened to me in the last few hours on HPG Manifold. We need those Subtle Old Triangles back, like yesterday! :(

~D. V. "NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Team, Stop Shooting My UAV!!!" Devnull

#106 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

D V that's a double whammy as the shooter may well have given away his/her position and compromised tactics.

EDIT: ah i thits what meant by costing team the match by accident.

Edited by MovinTarget, 16 December 2016 - 02:35 PM.

#107 Sugabearto Kell

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts
  • LocationKansas City Kansas

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

So we, the clans are gimped 25 tonns because people want to whine? W T F is wrong with you PGI? Hrm? Are you ****** stupid? I mean while we're at it, why dont we just limit quick play to tonnage for clans too? This is horse ****. Pull ur head out of ur *** and understand ITS THE PILOTS NOT THE ******* WIEGHT THATS DOING THIS. God damnit, im so sick of the ******* at PGI. Common sense is just ****** lost on these idiots. **** ur faction play. When you FINALLY fix the goddamn faction play and make it fun, you ruin it in 24 ****** hours. Just play ur goddamn game....P L A Y I T M O R O N.

#108 Kheigar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

Thanks PGI for killing my newly built clan deck. -10 tons out of nowhere. A perfect and very predictable "gift".
How about a heads up next time you decide that Deck weights are a thing you can change in an eye-blink.

#109 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

View PostSugabearto Kell, on 16 December 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

So we, the clans are gimped 25 tonns because people want to whine? W T F is wrong with you PGI? Hrm? Are you ****** stupid? I mean while we're at it, why dont we just limit quick play to tonnage for clans too? This is horse ****. Pull ur head out of ur *** and understand ITS THE PILOTS NOT THE ******* WIEGHT THATS DOING THIS. God damnit, im so sick of the ******* at PGI. Common sense is just ****** lost on these idiots. **** ur faction play. When you FINALLY fix the goddamn faction play and make it fun, you ruin it in 24 ****** hours. Just play ur goddamn game....P L A Y I T M O R O N.

I don't get it why you are so upset. Yeah most of us know it's the quality of the pilots that make IS lose.

But increasing tonnage for IS is a short term helps IS.

Because what you don't want again, is players quitting CW because "Claners OP", it is irrelevant for these players, if "skilled, coordinated players are OP" or "Clan OP" they are loosing all the time, so they are quitting.
When everyone is quitting, you again have a deathspiral, of people quitting.

Increasing tonnage as a band aid? Why not? Clan will still win enough matches because to many IS PUG.

PGI needs to fix:
skilled vs unskilled ,
Clan tech vs IS tech and
amount of players on one side vs amount of players on other side.

#110 Kheigar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

View Posttee5, on 16 December 2016 - 03:18 PM, said:

I don't get it why you are so upset. Yeah most of us know it's the quality of the pilots that make IS lose.

But increasing tonnage for IS is a short term helps IS.

Because what you don't want again, is players quitting CW because "Claners OP", it is irrelevant for these players, if "skilled, coordinated players are OP" or "Clan OP" they are loosing all the time, so they are quitting.
When everyone is quitting, you again have a deathspiral, of people quitting.

Increasing tonnage as a band aid? Why not? Clan will still win enough matches because to many IS PUG.

PGI needs to fix:
skilled vs unskilled ,
Clan tech vs IS tech and
amount of players on one side vs amount of players on other side.

increasing tonnage for IS is OK. Sudden decrease of tonnage for clans is bull. It literally broke my deck. Now I have to gather c-bills and level another 3 mechs, just because PGI thinks it's ok to do so. If there was an announcement for this I could have planned ahead. Now I am simply thrown away from FP. Probably as some other players here.

#111 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostKheigar, on 16 December 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

increasing tonnage for IS is OK. Sudden decrease of tonnage for clans is bull. It literally broke my deck. Now I have to gather c-bills and level another 3 mechs, just because PGI thinks it's ok to do so. If there was an announcement for this I could have planned ahead. Now I am simply thrown away from FP. Probably as some other players here.

Ok I am thinking out of my perspective.(bad english).

I have plenty mechs to chose from.
Sorry I didn't thought off that some players don't have so many mechs to choose from.

Edited by tee5, 16 December 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#112 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

View PostSugabearto Kell, on 16 December 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

speaking of whining...

Clearly you've never been IS in FW lately....and in any case, this is temporary. things might get evened out again when they wipe out variant-specific quirks in a few months.

Edited by Arkhangel, 16 December 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#113 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 16 December 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

Clearly you've never been IS in FW lately....and in any case, this is temporary. things might get evened out again when they wipe out variant-specific quirks in a few months.
Not the quirks are the root of problem.
There are a theory (scientific theory I mean) and some clever books about GAMES. PGI violates some theses of the theory.
PGI partually succeeded in the Quick Play as they copied existing playing models. But when they have come to FW they tried to invent something new but they have no clue "how to invent a game". The result we see.

#114 Tul Duru

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:39 AM

So first, bug reports.

The drop deck menu bug is still there. Where I drop and the mech lands, but the menu is still on the screen and stops me from piloting. Its been around a while.

With planet voting for attack vectors, it flat out doesn't function. For a few votes Kooken's Pleasure Pits won the vote but wasn't selected. Where as recently Waldorf has been winning the Jade Falcon votes, but it's still choosing other planets. I think it still registers Stiener as winning the vote so that it randomly chooses a planet, which makes the vote for a planet function completely nonfunctional.

Now that that's out of the system, let's hit this piece by piece.

So the previous map where Jade Falcon had the huge core of the map wasn't Jade Falcon's fault early on. From what I understand, a lot of the big merc groups pick a clan like that at the start of a new map and push the border out. The point was so House Davion or Liao could battle clans too rather than just the adjacent IS worlds, and force matches between the clan and IS so that games happen in the long run for CW.

So right now we can easily be seeing the same. Hypothetically, if IS was winning it all and pushing in on the clans hard right now, we'd hit an end withing a few days seeing as clans started with 20 worlds to them. Where as IS has 300-500 worlds per house. So if you're a merc unit and want to set up long term MC gain from having planet tags, Clans need to be winning. Otherwise IS hits the tag max, and no one but clan can possible get any. Now the IS can actually push in and get something for its units.

Next, the odds of the Tonnage being fixed is low. Right now by making the tonnage difference they've admitted to the player base that they think Clan is better than IS by mechs. If they go back and change it, there's going to be outcry. Much like what we're seeing now, but add more IS players who should be at least half the game.

Next, the removal of quirks. What makes everyone think that'll stop IS quirk nonsense? Really, it's just added to skill trees by making IS skill trees better. There's still going to be the same nosense, but now it's divided among 50+ points on a grid, so it's harder to see, increasing disparity between new players and skilled players more.

Last, the biggest problem I see is still high damage Alpha strikes. Before this patch set even, I peek around a corner with a timber wolf to try to see the enemy team, and a Warhammer with an Alpha strike can bring me from full to the 76 armor on my front is gone and the CT crit lights are flashing. So with the grasshoppers and the battlemasters and the thunderbolts that make up the rest of the high laser vomit meta that the mean IS teams play, 2 people drop me on sight before I can do anything, and that sucks. So much of the clan units who have been dealing with it are running 50-60 damage laser vomit builds to counter this, because clan lasers run hotter. So with so much damage thrown around, and players dropping terrifyingly fast on either side, it gets to be a painful meta, especially with no skill balance to ease new players into that. So what we really need is Energy Draw, because the entire point of that is to start capping damage spikes. If we get rid of the high damage alphas and work on a more sustain fire skill plays a nice roll, and players can survive long enough to get out of a bad situation without being destroyed for a misstep.

#115 Kheigar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:53 AM

View PostTul Duru, on 17 December 2016 - 01:39 AM, said:

Next, the odds of the Tonnage being fixed is low. Right now by making the tonnage difference they've admitted to the player base that they think Clan is better than IS by mechs. If they go back and change it, there's going to be outcry. Much like what we're seeing now, but add more IS players who should be at least half the game.

Last, the biggest problem I see is still high damage Alpha strikes. Before this patch set even, I peek around a corner with a timber wolf to try to see the enemy team, and a Warhammer with an Alpha strike can bring me from full to the 76 armor on my front is gone and the CT crit lights are flashing. So with the grasshoppers and the battlemasters and the thunderbolts that make up the rest of the high laser vomit meta that the mean IS teams play, 2 people drop me on sight before I can do anything, and that sucks. So much of the clan units who have been dealing with it are running 50-60 damage laser vomit builds to counter this, because clan lasers run hotter. So with so much damage thrown around, and players dropping terrifyingly fast on either side, it gets to be a painful meta, especially with no skill balance to ease new players into that. So what we really need is Energy Draw, because the entire point of that is to start capping damage spikes. If we get rid of the high damage alphas and work on a more sustain fire skill plays a nice roll, and players can survive long enough to get out of a bad situation without being destroyed for a misstep.

There will be no new players with tonnage drops like yesterday. I am really frustrated that now I have to earn millions of c-bills more to re-build my drop deck, because some "wiseguy" decided to take 10 tons away from me without warning. I am a new player, I dont have 20 different mastered mechs. I am now kicked out of Faction play because I no longer have a valid deck.

For crying out loud, even Ubisofts "The Division" is better in the way they treat players.

#116 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

View PostKheigar, on 17 December 2016 - 01:53 AM, said:

There will be no new players with tonnage drops like yesterday. I am really frustrated that now I have to earn millions of c-bills more to re-build my drop deck, because some "wiseguy" decided to take 10 tons away from me without warning. I am a new player, I dont have 20 different mastered mechs. I am now kicked out of Faction play because I no longer have a valid deck.

For crying out loud, even Ubisofts "The Division" is better in the way they treat players.

Curious as to what you were running.

#117 Kheigar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostAramuside, on 17 December 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

Curious as to what you were running.

I was running
KDK/100, HBR/65, SCR/55, ACH/30

This is pretty much all clan mechs I have. I just finished mastering SCRs 1 week before patch. And bought the 4th radar deprivation module the day before yesterday. I don't have neither funds nor wish to scrounge another 9M for shadowcat to replace my SCR, and then another 18M to master the damn SHC. I wanted to play FP with my friends. Now I am denied to do so. I was the new clan player. And I feel like I was fooled.

#118 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostKheigar, on 17 December 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

I was running
KDK/100, HBR/65, SCR/55, ACH/30

This is pretty much all clan mechs I have. I just finished mastering SCRs 1 week before patch. And bought the 4th radar deprivation module the day before yesterday. I don't have neither funds nor wish to scrounge another 9M for shadowcat to replace my SCR, and then another 18M to master the damn SHC. I wanted to play FP with my friends. Now I am denied to do so. I was the new clan player. And I feel like I was fooled.
Just get one more Cheeta instead of StormCrow or one more StormCrow instead of Hunch.

#119 Kheigar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:47 AM

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 17 December 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Just get one more Cheeta instead of StormCrow or one more StormCrow instead of Hunch.

HBR stands for Hellbringer. Trading HBR for SCR is not the thing I am ready to do.

#120 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

New question:

If I have been playing as a Kuritan loyalist for over a month, played multiple FP matches *WITH MY UNIT MATES* since the Leaderboard reset with about a 75% win ratio...

WHY ARE THERE ONLY 10 TOTAL KURITANS ON THE LEADERBOARD?!?!?! Only one of my unit is on there... Is there some new filter or qualifying requirement?

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users