Hot-Fix Now Scheduled For 15-Dec-2016

124 replies to this topic

#81 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

Hello Alexander Garden:

This Toggle thing is good. BUT I don't want to see the weight class diamonds, BUT I want to see if my team is getting ECM from my mech. And there is the problem. Now I can only have nothing OR diamonds and ECM.

weight class diamonds are useless BUT knowing if your friendly mech is getting ECM from your own ECM is vital.

Perhaps you can do something. Would be cool.

#82 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

View Posttee5, on 15 December 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Hello Alexander Garden:

This Toggle thing is good. BUT I don't want to see the weight class diamonds, BUT I want to see if my team is getting ECM from my mech. And there is the problem. Now I can only have nothing OR diamonds and ECM.

weight class diamonds are useless BUT knowing if your friendly mech is getting ECM from your own ECM is vital.

You could have a dialogue in setup for users to pick-n-choose the hud options they want... Just have checkboxes for each element.

#83 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

Once again, PGI makes the repeated mistake of thinking mismatched tonnage values is actually a viable solution to the "flaws" and "balancing issues" in Faction Warfare.

You can't balance player skill by handicapping one side. It only pisses them off.

We tried this once already. It failed. Why repeat the same mistakes?

#84 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 15 December 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

We tried this once already. It failed. Why repeat the same mistakes?

Because their hands are tied on the two things that could balance this:

1) They can't make it 2 Stars vs 3 Lances
2) They can't force Clan Players to play by Clan Honor code

If they could implement those two things, it would probably bring things back enough into balance that Clan weapons would be reset close to original stats and Quirks of any sort would be much less necessary.

Unfortunately they've stated that they can't problematically change the 12v12 to 10v12 and I don't know how you would even begin to enforce clan honor...

#85 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

It doesn’t just “piss someone off”, it gives good players a reason to consider playing for IS with more tonnage, alternatively to Clans with better tech.
In theory it can work.
In praxis it will take a long time for entire units to actually accept this offer and to (partly) change sides.

Edited by Kuaron, 16 December 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#86 Bownd

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

How was it a faction play leaderboard reset when it shows top units with hundreds of planetary wins as soon as they drop.

#87 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

HUD eating FPS :(

#88 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:41 AM

PGI please fix.
http://steamcommunit...wall&privacy=14

#89 Grixa19

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:52 AM

Hello PGI! Why u made -10 tonnage for clans instead of just adding +10 aditional tonnage to IS???
My build was: 1- Assault 1-Heavy 1-Medium 1-Light
Now: 2-Light 1-Assault 1-Heavy.

GG.

#90 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:32 AM

View PostGrixa19, on 16 December 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

Hello PGI! Why u made -10 tonnage for clans instead of just adding +10 aditional tonnage to IS???
My build was: 1- Assault 1-Heavy 1-Medium 1-Light
Now: 2-Light 1-Assault 1-Heavy.

GG.

because CJF is ridiculously over-inflated? or have you already forgotten how brokenly stupid the FW map looked before the reset? fact is, if you guys actually FOLLOWED Zelbrigen, it wouldn't be that screwy. also..... maybe you should just take a lighter Assault, perhaps? You have choices other than a Dire Whale or a Kodiak.

#91 Grixa19

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 16 December 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

because CJF is ridiculously over-inflated? or have you already forgotten how brokenly stupid the FW map looked before the reset? fact is, if you guys actually FOLLOWED Zelbrigen, it wouldn't be that screwy. also..... maybe you should just take a lighter Assault, perhaps? You have choices other than a Dire Whale or a Kodiak.

Clan assaults isnt cheap u know?
And for the note. I dont see any variation of IS mechs on the battlefield in FW. Know what? U (all IS pilots) have choises other than a Thunderbolts, Warhammers, Grasshoopers. Oh wait... u dont, cause IS laser boats with their LPL, LL, and PPCs are goo enough to take down any clan mech of the same weight 1 on 1. Why u ask? Cause IS mechs have Laser duration quirks, Armor and structure bonuses, and alpha strikes dont shotdonw their mechs. And their LPL have 2,5 times lower duration than their Clan counterparts...

#92 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

How about letting us choose what planet to drop on and who to fight for.

Maybe I want to RP it and as a Smoke Jaguar Crusader I don't want to fight for those sissy wardens in the wolves.

Maybe I don't like the units that are currently under contract with the Falcons and I want to go head to head with them in Steiner.

Right now, you've essentially made it quick play. Completely blind. No choice. No ability to decide on how to try and affect outcomes.

I hate the grind of quickplay. I am a "false sense of accomplishment" junky. What you have right now is instant gratification nonsense. Give me my illusions back ....

They need to make it two stars vs three lances. No need to enforce clan honor, just give clanners their weapons back and remove quirks on IS.

Down the road when IS starts getting access to clan weapons and new weapon systems on both sides come into the picture, balance is acheived. But there was never ever ever ever ever supposed to be balance at the outset of the invasion ....

Edited by cRaZy8or5e, 16 December 2016 - 08:34 AM.

#93 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

Update to latest Patches:

Inner sphere drops will now have long time artillery and 400 tons of drop weight

Clans will now no longer be able to bring assaults, restricted weapons to machine guns and flamers, and have one leg shot off pre drop. Good luck clanners. O yeah. We also moved your weight down to 230 so puggies have a fighting chance.

#94 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

View Posttee5, on 15 December 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Hello Alexander Garden:

You could have a dialogue in setup for users to pick-n-choose the hud options they want... Just have checkboxes for each element.

Heck, they could probably make the Weight Indicators just a tad less oversized/overpronounced, like how the Old Triangles used to be. Or they could take and make the subtly-designed Old Triangles show when you're not holding "Q", and reveal Weight Info when holding that key. At least the Old Triangles would allow indication of UAVs and MFBs on the battlefield, but without over-cluttering the view on the Primary HUD. It would at least make a working solution, I think. :)

Now, to this massive block of lunatics that I'm quoting...

View PostCommander A9, on 15 December 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Once again, PGI makes the repeated mistake of thinking mismatched tonnage values is actually a viable solution to the "flaws" and "balancing issues" in Faction Warfare. You can't balance player skill by handicapping one side. It only pisses them off. We tried this once already. It failed. Why repeat the same mistakes?

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

Because their hands are tied on the two things that could balance this: 1) They can't make it 2 Stars vs 3 Lances 2) They can't force Clan Players to play by Clan Honor code If they could implement those two things, it would probably bring things back enough into balance that Clan weapons would be reset close to original stats and Quirks of any sort would be much less necessary. Unfortunately they've stated that they can't problematically change the 12v12 to 10v12 and I don't know how you would even begin to enforce clan honor...

View PostKuaron, on 15 December 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

It don't just "piss someone off", it gives good players a reason to consider playing for IS with more tonnage, not only for Clans with better Tech. In theory it can work. In praxis it will take a long time for entire units to actually accept this offer and to (partly) change sides.

View PostGrixa19, on 16 December 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

Hello PGI! Why u made -10 tonnage for clans instead of just adding +10 aditional tonnage to IS??? My build was: 1- Assault 1-Heavy 1-Medium 1-Light Now: 2-Light 1-Assault 1-Heavy. GG.

View PostArkhangel, on 16 December 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

View PostGrixa19, on 16 December 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Clan assaults isnt cheap u know? And for the note. I dont see any variation of IS mechs on the battlefield in FW. Know what? U (all IS pilots) have choises other than a Thunderbolts, Warhammers, Grasshoopers. Oh wait... u dont, cause IS laser boats with their LPL, LL, and PPCs are goo enough to take down any clan mech of the same weight 1 on 1. Why u ask? Cause IS mechs have Laser duration quirks, Armor and structure bonuses, and alpha strikes dont shotdonw their mechs. And their LPL have 2,5 times lower duration than their Clan counterparts...

Everyone, stop a moment and listen. There's one thing that would balance this all out in advance, even though it would make the "Rabid Zealot Lore Junkies" get salty. You know of Kanajashi? They pointed out that the biggest thing causing problems with balancing MWO is the current code-handling on XL Engines for the Inner Sphere. All we really need to do is to make it so XL Engines behave the same way in the Inner Sphere Mechs as it currently behaves on the Clan Mechs, and then we wouldn't need things like Different Tonnage Restrictions, Weapons that had been tweaked away from Default Values, or as many crazed Quirks as there currently are on many of the various Mechs. Hell, stop a minute and watch this video that I'm linking to...

"Clans Vs IS - XL Engines" @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddh8UVkg8I

...and then PLEASE STOP BEING SO CLUTTER-CRAZED WITH YOUR SALTINESS!!! Like, hey, why do it here, when you can instead take it to the Twitter Feed and pound the hell out of PGI instead? Do you really think doing it here is going to help anyone? It's not, so go there. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "Thoroughly sick of people trying to bite each other's heads off in the wrong place..." Devnull

#95 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:09 AM

25 Ton advantage x 12 mechs is 300 TONS of extra weight advantage. Your essentially giving IS 3 Assault mech advantage. Unit vs Puggies it doesn't matter. Unit vs another unit of similar skill its matters a great deal. We won some games last night that if we had equal drop weights would have been over after wave 3. You have essentially ensure the IS out ton clan on all 4 waves. Its a ******* joke. I would rather see you give IS mechs Clan XL engines than this stupidity. We will continue to kick *** just to prove the point that its a skill problem and not a mech problem.

#96 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

The whole point of messing with the drop tonnage, that seems to be missed by a lot of people, is to move some of the population to the IS side because of how many people are Clan at the moment. It has nothing to do with Clans being "OP" and their 'mechs being imbalanced.

This isn't a permanent thing, its temporary. As soon as some larger units decide to move back to IS it will be reset.
Yea, I'm annoyed that I had to redo both of my drop decks this week. But I get why they are attempting to even out the population among factions.
Unfortunately I also think it will take a while since its a new invasion and this is the time to claim planets to get a good steady stream of MC coming into the units......

Edited by Talos7, 16 December 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#97 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

Has anyone been getting super bad lag of late? I don't know what's going on, but either the servers need a reset/restart, or something. I have been consistently getting some pretty bad lag in all of my scouting matches today, while the Innersphere people I am fighting are saying they're not having any lag problems.

Wasn't getting lag this bad in the previous patches.

#98 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:05 AM

@Devnull: fact is, IS XLs are just that way. what you're asking for are Light Fusion engines. http://www.sarna.net..._Engine_-_Light which aren't in common use till around 3062.

and Clanners.... thing to remember. most quirks are going to be gone in a few months, so will piloting skills like Speed Tweak. a lot of what you're whining about is on the cutting room floor. As for weapon parity, despite what people assume, PGI is still sticking to the timeline at least in the case of Mech chassis and tech (at most, we might have gotten a few variants earlier than canon, like the SHK-2D2 [3052, we got it a year or two early]).

Earliest we'd see IS Tech II like the other LBX, Ultra AC, Streaks sizes, and maybe MRMs, so on, would be 3056. right around now is when the IS is just starting to experiment with captured Clan Tech, like fixing the Bushwacker design with captured Mad Dog study, and the Draconis Combine creating the Raptor light OmniMech, the first of its kind in the IS which was followed by several other designs based off Clan Mechs, both OmniMechs and BattleMechs, in 3055, 3056, and 3058 as the weapon systems came out to be to be used alongside them.

Edited by Arkhangel, 16 December 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#99 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 16 December 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

@Devnull: fact is, IS XLs are just that way. what you're asking for are Light Fusion engines. http://www.sarna.net..._Engine_-_Light which aren't in common use till around 3062.

Argh... You must be one of the "Rabid Zealot Lore Junkies" that I was talking about, or just someone who brawls with a Standard Engine all the time... The problem with not making current IS XL Engines behave the same way as Clan XL Engines right NOW is that it is damaging the Playability, Balance, and Ever-Important Fun of the game as the Online, Community-boosted item that MWO is supposed to be. Further, it is exactly that same exact issue that caused the developers of earlier MechWarrior PC games to decide against setting up Critical Point Limits for XL Engines with that difference and limitation. Frankly, having a larger Community matters a hell of a lot more than sticking rigidly to Lore like a Rule instead of the Guideline that it should only be considered as with an Online game like this. If PGI continues in failing to stop sticking to Lore so rigidly, they're not going to gain the massive following that it takes to help an Online game like this towards survival in the Online environment, and I really don't want to see MWO burn down with as many years as I've had to go without anything MechWarrior-related to play between the time of MW3 and the time of MWO. There's only so far you can go with following Lore as a Rule instead of a Guideline before it steps over into being exactly what will rip it all back down. Right now, at least with how it feels to me, it has already stepped over that particular limit and needs to get back into the good zone fast. You have to keep in mind, these Lore-locked Rules work better for TableTop and paper than they lackingly do for PC-based incarnations where Hard Aiming Skills really matter. :(

~D. V. "I've learned that you can't always rigidly follow a game's Lore without hurting PC-based versions." Devnull

#100 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

We will *never* see an end to the salt no matter what they do.

There are BT enthusiasts here.

There are MW enthusiasts here.

And there's the rest of us somewhere in between.

We all have different expectations of how things should be, but the reality is that its in PGIs best interest to have active population reasonably balanced (i am guessing 40/60 worst case) with each side winning *roughly* 50% of the time so they can say there is some semblance of balance. I don't know how much more they can do without forcing people to group up so you don't get groups of 12 pugs vs a premade...

PGI, can't make people use teamwork(psst i hear that crap is OP) or optimal builds to match a situation. All they can do is normalize the population and hope the potatos on both sides cancel out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users